Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tigris prime?

As far as i understand Syndicate weapons are "better" than normal/prime version on purpose.

By that it would be stupid to make the prime version "better" just because its a new addition to the game.

My idea would be to be able to add Syndicate abilities to a prime/normal weapon by adding an additional ( free / no energy consume ) mod slot to it maybe like stances on frames ) so people can unlock the syndicate stuff and then put it into their guns if they have them. and the skins will be added to the skin list 

something like this

Spoiler

warframe0008_by_r9xchaos-dab2b3d.jpg

Edited by Vyra

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Yee_The_MLG_Pro said:

Not saying which one is the best, but more people use boltor prime than the ones who use telos boltor

Not as much these days since it was vaulted...

But I've not seen any type of Boltor in months.

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

Not as much these days since it was vaulted...

But I've not seen any type of Boltor in months.

Yeah, but like before it was vaulted there were a lot of people who used it. I only saw like mr20+ who used the telos version at that time because it had a mr requirement and a syndicate proc. Now personally I like the telos one more than the prime. I actually sold my prime one for credits and it had 5 forma and a potato…

I was seriously hoping for more original weapons this time around. Just because everyone whined for Galatine Prime, now the people who actually wanted other weapons (coughKronencough) to be primed have to wait even longer. Tigris Prime was a waste of time, IMO.

9 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

I think that making it a prime was completely unnecessary.  They could have used that investment to prime something else and provide a better variety

this

9 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

I still want a Pump Action Puncture Based Shotgun, with Innate 4m punch through and functions like the terminators shotgun. Asta La Vista ... babay

image.gif

AND THIS^^^

10 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

Sorry but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.  Are you saying we need more primed shotguns?

If so, that's basically what I'm saying, but Tigris didn't need to be primed.  They could have primed something else, like another shotgun.

Not really, since the Tigris and Boar are the only Tenno made shotguns.

Eh, I don't care for it the same way I don't care for those eco-terrorist cultists New Loka and their double barreled hippie peace pipe. They really missed out on the chance to prime something like the Tiberon, Sybaris, Rubico, Attica, or Daikyu (and that's only primaries) There are also a few secondaries that could be primed, like the Kunai or Furis/Afuris, or Magnus. Or just throw all the S#&$ against a wall and give us Twin Prime Grakatas. Anything but the Tigris! BTW, don't like the new Tigris Prime model

Okay so. I do not like the fact they chose the Tigris for the next prime weapon for the fact it will be a money-maker. As in, the Tigris was good, the Sancti was great, so the hype train will mean people will want the Prime version. Why else would they include it with Nekros Prime and Galatine Prime? You know, the two other most-wanted primes by the majority of the Warframe community. 

Secondly. There is a shotgun in the game that would have a much better time with the Prime upgrade over the Tigris. The Strun. The Strun has been in tge game for a long time and has not received much love other than a Wraith version of it. It is a pump-action shotgun, very different from any other shotgun, and it has the great potential to look amazing when clad in gold.

Lastly, and this is what I hate the most, is what they chose to embellish from the standard model to the prime variant. For those of you that have not seen it, look below. Now, as you all know, when a prime variant is released, they choose to make a certain part of it stand out, like the Burston Prime's bayonet or the Boar Prime's rotating magazine chamber. So what did they do for the Tigris Prime? First off, they added in a lot of decal for the double-barrel lock mechanic, where you unhinge the weapon to load bullets. That part, I'm fine with. Looks great. What I have an issue with in that massive counterweight at the end of the barrel. Let alone being ridiculously over-the-top, what is it even for? You won't be able to aim with that thing in your face. It is absolutely stupid. If they had removed that, or even made it smaller, the weapon would have looked amazing, but that giant curve on the end of the barrel is an eyesore.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160710161327

And those are my thoughts on the Tigris Prime. Thank you for listening to my rants.

1 minute ago, cookieknife said:

i think its absolutely stupid that galatine and tigris are being primed, they're already so great, but they do fit nekros's theme and im highly disappointed

They fit Nekro's theme of mass carnage. The Tigris has the ability to slice enemies to bits and the Galatine can take down many at once, both of them great things for a Nekro's Desecrate or Despoil.

Just now, Nick-ka-ka said:

They fit Nekro's theme of mass carnage. The Tigris has the ability to slice enemies to bits and the Galatine can take down many at once, both of them great things for a Nekro's Desecrate or Despoil.

likle i said, they do fit nekros's theme

but honestly they could have primed something else, sure they're good but they're already great so priming them is just giving us less variety and just making another "this is the highest damage in the class" instead of something interesting...

10 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

The Strun is a weird one. It looks like a Corpus attempt at a shotgun, but got a Wraith version (Which is the supposedly upgraded Grineer version)

Actually, it has been confirmed to be a true Tenno weapon, with Tenno markings on the stock. And let's not forget Latron Wraith, another Tenno weapon with a Grineer varient. 
 But seriously, this weapon has great Prime potential.

latest?cb=20130426074028
> Customize that stock and grip
> Center carapace can be made entirely out of gold
> The knob can be detailed
> The choke can be glorified

I don't feel the Tigris or the Galatine needed prime versions tbh.  Their base versions can both be end-game weapons with the right mods already.

Priming weapons should be done to less powerful weapons to bring them up to par and to add some variety.  Priming an already powerful weapon that tons of people already use for high level content seems a bit redundant to me.

2 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

I don't feel the Tigris or the Galatine needed prime versions tbh.  Their base versions can both be end-game weapons with the right mods already.

Priming weapons should be done to less powerful weapons to bring them up to par and to add some variety.  Priming an already powerful weapon that tons of people already use for high level content seems a bit redundant to me.

a thousand times with this ^

11 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Unless it has double the damage or something ridiculous, itll be worse right off the bat.

Should have made a prime of a weapon that doesnt have a syndicate version already.

it will be a normal Sancti Tigris with a 50% crit chance and a crit muliplier of 4.0x, with innate 4m punch through