The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

On 7/27/2016 at 10:57 PM, LupusDraconis said:

tumblr_ob07uwFp7x1r00cugo1_1280.png

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

Whoa, this a really thoughtful and beautiful peace. I think you captured that aesthetic of Hinduism / Buddhism perfectly. 

My entry here!!

Fire whirl and electric wind!

It took me a while to get a composition I like. I first thought of just Zephyr and Ember(for the fire whirl concept), but then I wanted to go for a team of 4 in stead. Then I couldn't find where to put Frost. After messing with a lot of composition, I like this one best so hear it is. Just a simple concept of elements enhancing each other. I could only think of team play, and that's what describe synergy best in Warframe for me. A perfect team play is what makes the tenno strong!

electricfirewhirl.jpg

1 hour ago, ShiNych said:

My entry here!!

Fire whirl and electric wind!

It took me a while to get a composition I like. I first thought of just Zephyr and Ember(for the fire whirl concept), but then I wanted to go for a team of 4 in stead. Then I couldn't find where to put Frost. After messing with a lot of composition, I like this one best so hear it is. Just a simple concept of elements enhancing each other. I could only think of team play, and that's what describe synergy best in Warframe for me. A perfect team play is what makes the tenno strong!

electricfirewhirl.jpg

This is AWESOME!!!! Zephyr, Ember, and Volt look so epic!  Also, Volt has the cutest little eyes.

14 hours ago, Aikurisu said:

electric_umbrella_by_aikurisu-dadb2q2.pn

“Real gentlemen know when to bring an umbrella.  … or conjure one out of thin air.”

-- Probably Not Teshin

“"Two hearts in love need no words."

-- Anonymous Tenno

“The working together of two things to produce an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects.”

-- … WordWeb on Synergy?? 

For a moment I didn't think I was going to enter this contest but... here I am. ^^;

OMG I love this! Would totally have this in my Liset!

Here is my entry! ...one day before the deadline, phew. I would have worked a lot longer on this, but real life happened. And oh man, this thread is just filled with great art! Good work, and good luck all!!

synergy_by_eragna-dadfnvn.png

Been thinking a lot about Ordis since Specters of the Rail. I feel like I don't appreciate him enough, for where would I truly be without him? He is flying me all over the system, picking me up at every extraction. Besides the Lotus, he often feels like the only friend I've got in this universe - as annoying and glitchy as he is.

So for Synergy, I choose the relationship tenno have with their trusty ship cephalon.

(I also added this picture to my small art thread over in the fanart section, where I'll post a closeup or larger version when I have time. Here is my thread )

6 hours ago, Sheegrah said:

Here is my entry! ...one day before the deadline, phew. I would have worked a lot longer on this, but real life happened. And oh man, this thread is just filled with great art! Good work, and good luck all!!

synergy_by_eragna-dadfnvn.png

Been thinking a lot about Ordis since Specters of the Rail. I feel like I don't appreciate him enough, for where would I truly be without him? He is flying me all over the system, picking me up at every extraction. Besides the Lotus, he often feels like the only friend I've got in this universe - as annoying and glitchy as he is.

So for Synergy, I choose the relationship tenno have with their trusty ship cephalon.

(I also added this picture to my small art thread over in the fanart section, where I'll post a closeup or larger version when I have time. Here is my thread )

This is amazing!  It's giving me goosebumps!