The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

Amazing art so far! I would love to submit my own, just REALLY busy with work and projects and whatnot for college... 

What gets me is NOBODY has done an image of Trinity, Frost, Rhino and Excalibur on Draco spamming with a bored, exasperated body stance, like they've been doing it for aeons. which they probably have.

1 minute ago, Ultraxite said:

Amazing art so far! I would love to submit my own, just REALLY busy with work and projects and whatnot for college... 

What gets me is NOBODY has done an image of Trinity, Frost, Rhino and Excalibur on Draco spamming with a bored, exasperated body stance, like they've been doing it for aeons. which they probably have.

Oh god, I need this in my Orbiter

On 2016-07-25 at 3:26 PM, Nightwing_Kain said:

Here's my entry for ths contest!

Oberon and Hydroid. The World Healer. They restore the Earth! 

Hope you like it ^^

pjagfhO.jpg

And special Thanks to Dygor, who made some screens from Hydroid for me! :)

Follow me on deviantart for more Artworks from me!

http://majungatholus.deviantart.com/

Nightwing_Kain? Is It Ok If I Use This Art On My STEAM Profile? And As A Wallpaper? Im Gonna Leave The Link To Ur Profile I Promise! is That Ok?

bDwAQ2u.jpg

Progress has many advantages and disadvantages but being a TENNO is how to keep a balance. There are many ways to move fast or slow but over time they forget. He who knows and knows how vencerce is really strong. Atte. GUSTBLADE.

Edited by (PS4)GUTSBLADE
Error en escribir

eVLuomm.jpg

Rain of Ceres

She bleeds. the mother of harvest, sapped of what she had to offer and deceased. She has nothing left, nothing but her scorched skin, dried to ash and boiled in her own red blood. Insects live on her corpse, taking what is left of her, never allowing her rejuvenation. her soul is all that is present above her remains. a shadow of her formal self, and all it can do is cry.

we Tenno pity the world our enemies have destroyed and corrupted in our absence. this is our connection to the universe that fuels our desire for justice.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100
forgot to include alias

6 hours ago, Vol4ica_ said:

I think so. Let's assume this is fully drawn with hands. Then author must be really good a drawing. But person good at drawing would never make an art  with two focal points. Look - kubrow' s head is big and has high sharpness. And its body and back legs are smaller and blurry. This means that head is very close and the other things are far. Oberon is standing close to back leg. Back leg is far. So Oberon is standing far. So he must be blurry but he has high sharpness too. A good drawing person making preparational sketch by himself would never make such mistake.
If this is not enough for you - look at kubrow's back legs. Everything below their knees is "cut" by grass - I mean hidden. This means that grass is high. But if the grass was high then Oberon's legs would be hidden by grass too. They aren't. This happened because author couldn't take a screenshot with proper camera angle. Would never happen with pre-sketch too.

And those leaves in front (left and right lower corners). They were blurred so sloppy that caught the grass behind..

Also I recognise some filters. For example the one applied to the background looks very similar to "glass filter"

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not envious, this is only because you asked

They included their process in their post. http://imgur.com/a/01aDT Pretty standard process of any artist. [Process was added in after your post]

Obviously there's a lot of use of custom brushes and filters, but that doesn't make it what you say it is. All the things that you've called out regarding the artist is all just stylistic choice - it's not the artist making a mistake, it's them deciding what they wanted to convey and show in their piece.

So.. yeah. Please don't pick apart artists. Just because you think you can deconstruct an image to disprove it doesn't mean that you can, and the way you went about doing it could be seen as extremely offensive to the artist.

37 minutes ago, Emecay said:

They included their process in their post. http://imgur.com/a/01aDT Pretty standard process of any artist. [Process was added in after your post]

Obviously there's a lot of use of custom brushes and filters, but that doesn't make it what you say it is. All the things that you've called out regarding the artist is all just stylistic choice - it's not the artist making a mistake, it's them deciding what they wanted to convey and show in their piece.

So.. yeah. Please don't pick apart artists. Just because you think you can deconstruct an image to disprove it doesn't mean that you can, and the way you went about doing it could be seen as extremely offensive to the artist.

Personally, those process-gifs are so satisfying to watch. Also, the piece is amazingly done. Thumbs up for artist!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy