Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, LupusDraconis said:

tumblr_ob07uwFp7x1r00cugo1_1280.png

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

if this makes it i am most definitely having it as one of the pictures i hang up awesome art 

8 hours ago, LupusDraconis said:

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

Awesome stuff, too bad you've cut off at the bottom, that's the only thing that ruins it for me.

Excal hates Umbra :stalker: image 1

TCUTaYJ.jpg

DE first image is gift for you and number 2 image is for codex 3.0 contest

image 2 :smile: 

WGAQIle.jpg 

:lotus: Excal Prime- :stalker: Umbra

Edited by Vlada91
I fix my art for good :smile:

On 7/26/2016 at 8:02 AM, Vol4ica_ said:

I think so. Let's assume this is fully drawn with hands. Then author must be really good a drawing. But person good at drawing would never make an art  with two focal points. Look - kubrow' s head is big and has high sharpness. And its body and back legs are smaller and blurry. This means that head is very close and the other things are far. Oberon is standing close to back leg. Back leg is far. So Oberon is standing far. So he must be blurry but he has high sharpness too. A good drawing person making preparational sketch by himself would never make such mistake.
If this is not enough for you - look at kubrow's back legs. Everything below their knees is "cut" by grass - I mean hidden. This means that grass is high. But if the grass was high then Oberon's legs would be hidden by grass too. They aren't. This happened because author couldn't take a screenshot with proper camera angle. Would never happen with pre-sketch too.

And those leaves in front (left and right lower corners). They were blurred so sloppy that caught the grass behind..

Also I recognise some filters. For example the one applied to the background looks very similar to "glass filter"

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not envious, this is only because you asked

How are you not banned for posting this? A perfect example of slanderous forum posting, and on top of it you are dead wrong on just about everything. There are numerous examples of people using screenshots in this thread, and you go after a legitimate artist? Even for the people who did screencap stuff, its not your place to criticize, and I am sure DE is more than capable of identifying original art from the rest. At the very least they are more capable than you at doing so. 

so i wanted to make a Nova fanart fore a while now because she is one of my favorite frames to play. i like her porcelain doll look and how she looks so fragile but packs a punch. This is also my entry for the sinergy contest depicting sinergy between warframe, weapons, powers and channeling. i hope you like it.
Nova-A-beautiful-death-624525553

Edited by roselizard

2 hours ago, xEternal said:

How are you not banned for posting this? A perfect example of slanderous forum posting, and on top of it you are dead wrong on just about everything. There are numerous examples of people using screenshots in this thread, and you go after a legitimate artist? Even for the people who did screencap stuff, its not your place to criticize, and I am sure DE is more than capable of identifying original art from the rest. At the very least they are more capable than you at doing so. 

Already apologised for that, calm down bro.

On 28.07.2016 at 5:57 AM, LupusDraconis said:

This must get in.

Synergy for me .. we need cooking
volt =speed he use speed to buy ingredients
Frost =  Refrigerator
Excalibur = cutthroat
Loki = The dishwasher by Decoy skill
Ember = Chef
They created a balance of diet.
ER9y2NA.jpg

Edited by 029282806

Here's my theme of Synergy. I asked two or three members of Warframe's forums about my first idea of Synergy and been sketching one that Frost is hugging to Nova that they're in a love scene. Two of them didn't think it'll work. So I drew Nezha and Frost that Nezha tosses his ring and Frost uses Freeze on the ring.

I hope this one will fit for the Synergy. My drawing style is cartoon. 
nezha_and_frost_2_synergy_of_wf_final_ve

kedemel's picture looks great. 8)

Edited by Schnuron