Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Progression

Roadle32111

The new spectres of the rail update made some amazing changes as seen on many reviews on YouTube. I decided to make a new account and experienced a problem that I have yet to see mentioned on any major source. It is impossible to build a new warframe before the void because of controls modules. This has always been the case. The issue is that the void is now locked behind about five planets worth of missions. One of which is relatively high level. I have put around 30hrs into this new account and I am still stuck with excal. I have the parts for frost, rhino, valkyr etc. They just can't be built without control modules. This is far too much time to be stuck on a starter that you may or may not like. I don't know how I can get in direct contact with the devs or if this was intended, but this is terrible for new players. If anyone can get this some attention, it would be greatly appreciated by anyone just getting into the game and anyone who feels like starting over. I don't mind buying plat, but 10p for a single control module is outrageous.

You don't need the void to get control modules... There's Europa and Neptune as well

And getting to the void is very easy. It's from Earth to Mars to Phobos then Void. So this really doesn't halt player progression.

Edited by KJRenz

8 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

You don't need the void to get control modules... There's Europa and Neptune as well

And getting to the void is very easy. It's from Earth to Mars to Phobos then Void. So this really doesn't halt player progression.

lol now imagine trying to get there as a new player without all your overpowered stuff which you take for granted after playing for 3+ years

I'm sure I've had control modules from lower levels....but they're not listed anywhere...

I also have this vague recollection that the dev's said something about looking at resources in the last dev stream

You should be accessing the Void through Phobos

The only major issue with that one is closing 3 Lith Fissures, which sometimes don't spawn in low level areas, and for a new play can have some really rough enemies.

I have argued that Phobos needs it's resources changed to

• Nano Spores
  • Neural Sensors
  • Plastids
  • Alloy Plate

Phobos is almost like a transitional point from Early game to Mid game. If it had the resources list it certainly would be. It's a Lore nexus, the first connection (to the new map) to the Void.

5 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

lol now imagine trying to get there as a new player without all your overpowered stuff which you take for granted after playing for 3+ years

Well, the pathway to the void is low leveled. Plus the void that phobos takes you is 10-15. I believe.