The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk is dead... Please revive her! [READ BEFORE THROWING SHADE]

RadriarTheGodKing

19 minutes ago, Keiiken said:

I think you are missing the point, this was done intentionally to avoid or make difficult perma hysteria.

And was this a good move? I did not miss the point. OP thinks Valkyr is dead. I think she isn't but far less enjoyable than before. 

Rework her ripline, buff paralysis and add synergy to hysteria and ill be very happy

Edited by Stoner74

How about you make a change to your playstyle? Use Hysteria as a panic button, expend energy to heal, then cancel the ability and then use the newfound health to sustain yourself. If you manage to find a Rage, you can perpetually use health as energy currency and vice versa. 

3 minutes ago, bejuizb said:

How about you make a change to your playstyle? Use Hysteria as a panic button, expend energy to heal, then cancel the ability and then use the newfound health to sustain yourself. If you manage to find a Rage, you can perpetually use health as energy currency and vice versa. 

that's what I currently use it as BUT (blessing is worlds better to serve that purpose)

16 minutes ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

yup both her 1st and 2nd suck,

3rd is good but less than chroma, and

4th needs a rework

Her first and second do not suck.

Her first is used for speed, it's not hard to use, it's for mobility, not for a instant kill.

Her second warcry is not useless, I use it for increased speed, and not for "Hysteria only" builds.

Her third ability is paralysis, which is great, because I use it for quick health regain.

Hysteria doesn't need a rework, it needs a slight adjustment towards "beserker theme" and the energy drain is fine.

7 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Her first and second do not suck.

Her first is used for speed, it's not hard to use, it's for mobility, not for a instant kill.

Her second warcry is not useless, I use it for increased speed, and not for "Hysteria only" builds.

Her third ability is paralysis, which is great, because I use it for quick health regain.

Hysteria doesn't need a rework, it needs a slight adjustment towards "beserker theme" and the energy drain is fine.

Her first and second to in fact suck and not only is it a waste of time to use they hinder you more so high end

• I move faster than her first to its pointless....... and the utility is pointless....
  • NEVER stated warcry was usesless (was a mix up on the second and 3rd) but its shadowed over by chroma so it needs a change
  • 3rd yeah t sucks high end and isn't good for quick health
  • 4th hysteria buids highly lackluster and its a panic button now being less ideal than blessing

ps I never talked about her energy drain to that's pointless to state towards me

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart

The problema with Valkir's Histeria is that it was both an ability that made her immortal, heal and at the same time gave her insane amount of damage. Sure Wukong and Excalibur have the damage at much bigger range but yet they could still be killed with ease, even Mesa that has the other weapon-summon ability is forced to remain immobile and take damage.

Histeria is indeed an OP ability that brings two powerful aspects but I honestly don't like how the nerf was handled. What makes it OP is the fact that it gives her so much, but instead of fixing that issue they make the energy consumption insane. It fixes the issue of cost-reward it had, but the way it works is so counter-intuitive, not to mention that energy issues are pretty bothersome mechanics that take the fun out of the frame. There are some frames that can just toggle abilities and keep them active and consuming, sure, those can die if they get fired down, but they can just keep their distance and continue moving around the enmies while their abilities destroy the enemy forces, meanwhile Valkir has to rush in middle of the melee action.

To me, the nerf should have been handled differently. Maybe reduce her damage so she actually has to trade power for her immortality, making her still able to distract most of the foe's attention into herself and revive fallen comrades without being punished by energy issues. Maybe she could get huge damage reductions instead of immortality to still receive little damage that she can very much sustain if used properly with her lifesteal. Maybe reduce her lifesteal so she actually has to do a bit of damage to fully heal instead of one or two hits into full life. She could even have higher costs to actívate the ability than to hold it on time so she has to manage how much she uses it instead of toggling it on and off freely.

There are multiple ways that they could go with the nerf to give some disadvantages and put her on the line, yet to keep her fun. I feel that there is a combination that can actually make her much more interesting to play. If an ability is OP after all, you have to change the ability itself, not just make it hard for the frame to use it.

1 hour ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

She can be immortal, yes

"Valk is dead... please revive her!"

Make up your mind.

On a more serious note, nully's are not the only enemy you face, and playing Warframe includes adapting to situations. Valk's move set should compliment where other things are lacking (i.e your weapons).

Her nerf is another issue, but it helped in balancing her. You sound like the guy who said 99% Trin was never OP (Link to this thread).

1 hour ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

But come on DE, she isnt any more OP than Excal.

Also, no frame should be an "op." Frame's are meant to compliment playstyles, and balancing them is one of the issues DE needs to fix. If anything, you should be glad that DE didn't completely rework her to be useless. Given that some frames are worse then others, that's an issue on DE's side. This is however a weak argument to make.

3 minutes ago, ayeStabZ said:

"Valk is dead... please revive her!"

Make up your mind.

On a more serious note, nully's are not the only enemy you face, and playing Warframe includes adapting to situations. Valk's move set should compliment where other things are lacking (i.e your weapons).

Her nerf is another issue, but it helped in balancing her. You sound like the guy who said 99% Trin was never OP (Link to this thread).

Also, no frame should be an "op." Frame's are meant to compliment playstyles, and balancing them is one of the issues DE needs to fix. If anything, you should be glad that DE didn't completely rework her to be useless. Given that some frames are worse then others, that's an issue on DE's side. This is however a weak argument to make.

reasonable enough, but I'm inclined to say valk is long overdue for a "entire" modern look

2 minutes ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

reasonable enough, but I'm inclined to say valk is long overdue for a "entire" modern look

Also reasonable that you would suggest a rework, however, this post is about buffing valk, not reworking.

I do agree that valk might need a rework, but it's not the highest priority, other frames need it more then her (i.e hydroid).

5 minutes ago, ayeStabZ said:

Also reasonable that you would suggest a rework, however, this post is about buffing valk, not reworking.

I do agree that valk might need a rework, but it's not the highest priority, other frames need it more then her (i.e hydroid).

hydroid then valk pls de<3

All I know is that, pre-nerf, I could press 4 once and never die or run out of energy in 3rd sortie survival missions. Now I just need to be a little smarter about things, but she's still basically invincible if used correctly.

50 minutes ago, Keiiken said:

I think you are missing the point, this was done intentionally to avoid or make difficult perma hysteria.

Define rework.

Limbo needs a rework, not valkyr. Valk is similar to Ash, their abilities are ok, but could use some tweaks. 

Oh and... new combo pls

1 minute ago, Brachion said:

All I know is that, pre-nerf, I could press 4 once and never die or run out of energy in 3rd sortie survival missions. Now I just need to be a little smarter about things, but she's still basically invincible if used correctly.

you must agree builds based on hysteria as the only means of defense no longer are that practical

1 hour ago, Implodingbanana said:

she's fine, I play her regularly and I haven't had a problem. she has the highest armor in the game for a reason plus her mobility makes her a force to be reckoned with. don't depend on hysteria to get you through missions, she can still destroy enemies without it. I use her Hysteria as a last resort if my health is below 100 or if i need to clear a group of enemies quickly, just find a  new purpose for it.

That isnt the point. Most players dont NEED hysteria because we all have skill at this point. It isnt that we NEED hysteria because we are noobs, we are complaining because she has gone from a pretty good frame to one of the worst due to this nerf. Now all her abilities are outshined by other fame's abilities. She can really only warcry now without having 0 energy all mission. They need to fix the energy consumption, making it not as crazy and keeping it a flat rate. its too much right now and the percentage idea is honesly kinda dumb.

Edited by RadriarTheGodKing

5 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

That isnt the point. Most players dont NEED hysteria because we all have skill at this point. It isnt that we NEED hysteria because we are noobs, we are complaining because she has gone from a pretty good frame to one of the worst due to this nerf. Now all her abilities are outshined by other fame's abilities. She can really only warcry now without having 0 energy all mission.

they only touched hysteria right? don't you think it's a problem when a warframe goes from good to bad because of a change/fix to 1 ability? I agree that more changes are needed, but I believe these changes should be for all of her not part of her. A warframe shouldn't be defined by 1 power alone. 

Edited by Implodingbanana

3 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

they only touched hysteria right? don't you think it's a problem when a warframe goes from good to bad because of a change/fix to 1 ability? I agree that more changes are needed, but I believe these changes should be for all of her not part of her. A warframe shouldn't be defined by 1 power alone. 

Hysteria is all she really had though. Eternal War makes warcry viable, but that still makes her a 1 trick pony. Chroma outdoes paralyze nomatter how you look at it and ripline isnt a viable mobility anymore and its damage is well, we all know how weak it is...

52 minutes ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

that's what I currently use it as BUT (blessing is worlds better to serve that purpose)

Melee berzerker playstyle has Valkyr at the top in terms of satisfaction. Melee tank, Trinity can do that for sure.

17 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

1 - Easily outpaced by parkour 2.0. Hell, it was outpaced by the mods before parkour 2.0.

2 - Is pretty good however it can't be recast to buff other players or debuff enemies.  For the ability to be useful and not just a 30sec spin-fest, Eternal War is required. This is why an aura would be better so that we can affect enemies and allies without removing the ability and recasting. Improving team-play viability.

3 - There are a million other things you can use for a "quick health regain" while playing Valkyr. I find the ability kind of buggy due irregular damaging and sometimes not affecting enemies at all. Overall the ability is slow for what it does and is easily out-done by other stun abilities such as radial blind.

4 - Oh yes, fine.

• It just drains a maximum of 15 energy per second without mods.
  • She has a visually disruptive suicide bubble that extends 20m and decreases by 1m per kill.
  • Her damage is easily outdone by the likes of a melee weapon with body count.
  • Invincibility might as well not be there due to the Naramon tree. I can just hit E to become invisible and the enemies will not do anything.

So what about this fits your idea of a beserker theme. I'm going to assume you mean high-risk high-reward theme however nothing about this ability is rewarding. There is nothing about hysteria that can't be done better by another warframe.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

I remember when you were stuck in Hysteria for 30 sec... what exactly is wring with her now?

Whats wrong? It's been years since DE touched any of her other 3 abilities. They always focused around Hysteria, which was good before 18.13 but ehh... whiners made DE nerf it.

I have some pretty good ideas for her abilities. I just wish DE could take our ideas and implement them into the game. *sigh*