Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did I do wrong - sortie interception with Frost

k05h

Question

Todays third sortie is an interception mission. This time I went out with my Frost and one of the team mates complained about my playstyle although I did lots of kills and revives. His complaining was not very helpful. He just called me too stupid to play Frost. He never said what I could do better like ppl normally do when they want the situation to change. So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception.

Team consisted of two perma invisible Ivara, a Vauban and me. I put a reasonable large Chilling Globe on each interception node and replaced them every now and then. I spammed Avalance where lots of enemies spawned and killed those frozen. 

Only thing I can think of is the fact that snow globe can block shots, but even then that shouldn't really be that much of an issue. Seems to me they were mostly a "my way or the highway" type of person, and you just really can't ever please people like that. If they had the time to complain about you, they really weren't focused on the mission anyways.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Only thing I can think of is the fact that snow globe can block shots, but even then that shouldn't really be that much of an issue. Seems to me they were mostly a "my way or the highway" type of person, and you just really can't ever please people like that. If they had the time to complain about you, they really weren't focused on the mission anyways.

Exactly, i would add that you give too much credit to this guy by giving him space in your hardrive (aka remembering him :p)

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Honestly I find frost in interception to be more a pain in the *ss rather than helpful. Snow globe on control points is useless and defend enemies from our shot.

One side of the argument for sure. Other people like him because he slows/freezes enemies, giving more time to react and keeping nodes captured longer. 

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

One side of the argument for sure. Other people like him because he slows/freezes enemies, giving more time to react and keeping nodes captured longer. 

Why not just play vauban then. At least he has the best CC in game and doesn't prevent teamates from hitting the target.

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Why not just play vauban then. At least he has the best CC in game and doesn't prevent teamates from hitting the target.

So people should not play how they want then? Frost has a different skillset and tactics. Just because people like one feature, does not mean they'll like another.

29 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I hate snow globes in interceptions, I do not insult people they bring frost, but if they put them on all 4 points then I will ask them to take 1 or 2 of them down, I will stay at those and not worry about the other 2.  Or if they are unwilling, I will just leave.  I don't enjoy having to run up to a point to save it and I don't enjoy staying at 1 point.  Everyone do have their own playstyle, that's mine.  But yeah, at least have a little respect for your fellow Tenno

Snowglobe being useful on Interception Objectives is dependant on the Skill level of the Players playing.
which means with Randoms, has a better chance to not be useful than to be useful.

if someone knows what they're doing with Random Players, they'll end up carrying anyways.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by taiiat

The issue here, as it always turns out to be, is the expectation of getting any sort of organized play or strategy out of a public match. If the complaining player didn't like the squad's composition, he should've left at the beginning of the match.

As far as sortie interception missions go, I do take issue with players approaching said missions with the "Draco" mentality: kill a huge barrage of high level grunts and Eximus units. It's a terrible idea and a sure way of getting into a protracted fight with lots of revives and increasing inter-player hostility (in pug matches). The best strategy is to just lock down the whole map with cc abilities. I usually use a max range/max efficiency Rhino in that particular map, and even public matches breeze along just fine.

Edited by JetIntrepid

Sounds to me like you did very well. I always bring Frost to interceptions, and it's saved our butts more times than I care to count. Having something between me and a storm of bullets in a sortie is a benefit on my book. Someone doesn't like that? Tough. 

39 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Honestly I find frost in interception to be more a pain in the *ss rather than helpful. Snow globe on control points is useless and defend enemies from our shot.

I'm just going to assume, and tell me if I'm wrong, but you're the type of person who doesn't actually stay around the node to defend it? Because a big enough Snowglobe is no problem around a node/ there is always one node that gets more enemies than any other

1 minute ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I'm just going to assume, and tell me if I'm wrong, but you're the type of person who doesn't actually stay around the node to defend it? Because a big enough Snowglobe is no problem around a node/ there is always one node that gets more enemies than any other

No because staying on a single point to defend it is BORING when you're playing a game with a massive amount of enemies and a lot of movement maneuver and abilities.

41 minutes ago, k0Sh_wf said:

Todays third sortie is an interception mission. This time I went out with my Frost and one of the team mates complained about my playstyle although I did lots of kills and revives. His complaining was not very helpful. He just called me too stupid to play Frost. He never said what I could do better like ppl normally do when they want the situation to change. So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception.

Team consisted of two perma invisible Ivara, a Vauban and me. I put a reasonable large Chilling Globe on each interception node and replaced them every now and then. I spammed Avalance where lots of enemies spawned and killed those frozen. 

Although I with the other side on this one, I don't like frost in any interceptions, don't suit with my playstyle, cuts down on my fun.  But all I would say to you is please no globes on example a and b.  You might ask why and I'd tell you, blocks my shots, I don't like having the need to run to a position to defend it.  I like to run around have some fun, while still getting the job done.  98% of frosts, will take down their globes, and I will say thank you.  We will still finish the mission.  I do get that 1% who just don't answer or the 1% who tells me where to go, then I generally just leave.  But you come across people who just insult you.  I have been told "it's people like me who ruin the game" (for using saryn before the rework)  I got called a noob the other day because I used Limbo in a Sortie defense (I'm over 3000 hours)  A few good words that are not allowed to be said here for using a Slow Nova in a T1 mobile defense.  (He said it because T1MD were easy enough as it is.... he was also using Ash.  So it happens.  If they can't at least ask you to stop or give you a reason.  Just ignore them, enjoy the game.  That's why we play it after all

Putting snow globe on interception points its not very smart. Also killing enemy on iterception sometimes make it harder. Its better to leave them under cc. But this guy should say what is his point. If he just say you are bad .... you should add him to ignore and report him for harassment.

Two Ivaras make me think that they were CC-locking the spawns-Gather+Sleep all the enemies in that area, and then there would be no more spawns, and the mobs that are there, are CC-locked. Most likely, you disrupted that playstyle by killing things, but honestly, they should be blaming themselves forleaving the session public-if that was their strategy.

26 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

No because staying on a single point to defend it is BORING when you're playing a game with a massive amount of enemies and a lot of movement maneuver and abilities.

Boring but it gets the job done, The amount of times I've seen the meter at 100/90 because people were running around is unreal, intercept is all about capture and hold, Just chill out, CC the enemy and listen to some music until the Interception is done.

8 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

Boring but it gets the job done, The amount of times I've seen the meter at 100/90 because people were running around is unreal, intercept is all about capture and hold, Just chill out, CC the enemy and listen to some music until the Interception is done.

Sorry but even by running around killing enemies by hundreds I barely lose my interception.

The only thing that make me lose is when I'm busy reviving teamates every 20sec.

I'm not saying I'm good, I'm just saying it's THAT easy.

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Sorry but even by running around killing enemies by hundreds I barely lose my interception.

The only thing that make me lose is when I'm busy reviving teamates every 20sec.

I'm not saying I'm good, I'm just saying it's THAT easy.

Your teammates get overwhelmed because you are killing them, it's why the usual Strat is to CC lock them especially on S3.

But hey you do you, I'm only voicing the opinion of myself and I assume the people who play Interceptions like me, as well as what I see as many people who do run around do end up dying.

Sounds like s typical ponce to me. I keep bubbles on all points religiously because popping them w/ freeze is guaranteed ragdoll to peel the hacker off the console

There is very little on par with that level if defense and control. Like the man said; did you win?

Then there is no problem. Dw about it.