Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The RNG void trace vs Spawn-drop void trace

Nijyumensou

Since i have gotten 15 ,34,60 void trace without booster for testing 3 run(after latest hotfix ).

Do you like ivara x nekro combo for the void trace farm?
or
Do you prefer placing it in the hands of RNGeus?

Edited by Nijyumensou

15 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

I like the current way, but I want another non-farm way for us to get traces, something like doing void missions or completing void secret rooms or something 

guess the hunger for void trace in you is pretty hard to satisfy.

1 hour ago, syni said:

Been testing solo with boosters and smeeta kavat, lowest i've gotten was 12. Then this happened 412e635e76f938ab76dc31f782ce69c1  (https://gyazo.com/412e635e76f938ab76dc31f782ce69c1)

Had the resource boost from smeeta active and it refreshed, so possibly it stacks? Never noticed nor read about it before.

You got 29 traces. Booster 2x with smeeta buff 2x and second smeeta buff x2 = 232 traces. I managed get 96 000 affinity from spy vault because log in affinity booster and double stack smeeta buff.

Edited by Sompero

Dunno, I don't like the rng in thevoid traces reward. I was testing with friends, tried picking up 10 reactants asap and got 8 traces while one of them got 21 and the other 56. Then we wentfor about 10 minutes before picking up the 10 reactants and my traces went up to 22. Then we went about 20 minutes before fulfilling the counter only to get about 8 traces again. All of the tests were done with relics of the same era, measuring time with survival timer and taking the last reactant right before extraction, in every run I got more kills than my friends, and there was no way to increase loot (no nekros, hydroid, atlas nor smeeta) and the setup was exactly the same.

My Conclusion: F*ck this sh!t. There's no way to get traces reliably now that these are rewarded based on RNG's mood and there's no way to ensure having a steady income of these without boosters or a smeeta.

I guess I'll be fine getting whatever traces I get when I see myself in need of forma and have to farm relics for those. In the meantime, I'm not dedicating my life to scan infinite kavats for a chance at a DNA sample because I need 10 to create 1 that has a chance to be smeeta (with my luck I'll be getting adarzas only) to improve my chances of getting 2x traces, which will allow me to refine a relic to, again, improve my chances for whatever is the loot I want. I'm not expending my plat on boosters nor in a smeeta on trade channel just to praise RNG. I'll stick to conclave, which feels more rewarding, imho.

11 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

The only thing I find to be completely impractical is that every person has to collect 10 reactant on their own, instead of each pickup counting for the whole team. I can't find a good reason for it to be that way.

because people can alway afk while teammate does all the work?

6 hours ago, V45H said:

i like them as a end mission reward so i can play whatever i want the way i want like warframe was meant to be played

7 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I like the RNG more. It doesn't force you to use loot based frames.

It's weird to say I'm liking something RNG based in Warframe, but these two sentiments are pretty much right there. The fact that they'll help me get some of those harder to earn items on hard to get relics doesn't hurt, either.

Now if we could just do something about the increased disconnection issues.

16 minutes ago, KoshLovesYou said:

It's weird to say I'm liking something RNG based in Warframe, but these two sentiments are pretty much right there. The fact that they'll help me get some of those harder to earn items on hard to get relics doesn't hurt, either.

Now if we could just do something about the increased disconnection issues.

i think it is just that you need better connection compared to before.I haven't experience any disconnection issue.... but i am using fiber-optic so i thought maybe it could be the quality of your connection ....

Edited by Nijyumensou

7 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I like the RNG more. It doesn't force you to use loot based frames.

While I agree that the end-of-round reward is better, I partly disagree about them being RNG based. Everyone in the squad should get the same amount of traces (and only double drop booster should affect that), and not a random amount each. Really, there is no reason I should walk out with 40 traces and my friend with just 11.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

While I agree that the end-of-round reward is better, I partly disagree about them being RNG based. Everyone in the squad should get the same amount of traces (and only double drop booster should affect that), and not a random amount each. Really, there is no reason I should walk out with 40 traces and my friend with just 11.

in case you didn't notice, It is now your relic so you should catch your own reactant and the amount of void traces are reward for your personal hardwork on completing your relic fissure. basically, other than the selection of relic reward, everything else is re-code to link on an individual level.