Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About exp system, did i do this wrong?

Dreadwire

Question

can someone explain to me how the exp system work?

today i decide to do High lvl Void survival at mot (i think)

using my Rhino (max lvl) and Orthos prime (max lvl) , and embolist rank (lvl 27), and nothing else

so the main reason is to max out embolist,

and the plan is, to have my Orthos do the job and let my embolist absorb the exp,

so i do it solo, after 20min mark i realize that the gun dint get much exp, the exp bar increase only by a small margin, really small it feel like you dint get any exp at all,

so i keep at it and after 35 min mark, i see that the exp still not increase much, in fact i dint see any difference of increase,

so i decide to end the run, and to my surprise the exp bar only rose by a hairpin and ..... yup  lvl 27 lel,

so what i did wrong here. since i always run with a pug, and solo Spy for exp, this is like the first time i solo a survival to lvl up a weapons,

is this Normal ?

ps

it drive me nuts to do Bere, boring as hell to the point that i realize Draco was more Fun, fill with high risk action,

9 answers to this question

You only get mostly XP for actually using the weapon or frame, if you want lvl secondary stuff, go public, the shared xp does the trick, just stay near your group and them killing alot. Did new draco, from 0 to 21 in 20 minutes survival. Suggesting a like Syndicat weapon for max damage wehn teh explosion procs that alos gets proced by shared XP, the explosion of it counts as shared XP towards all your gear when the proc kills.

If you kill an enemy with a weapon 50% of the experience goes to *that* weapon, and 50% to your Warframe. If you use an Ability to kill an enemy, 100% of the experience goes to your Warframe.

Several other things can give you experience:

• Using abilities gives you experience equal to the *base* (unmodified) energy cost of the ability.
  • Hacking a terminal gives you 50 exp
  • Collecting golden Affinity Orbs gives you 100 exp

Additionally, being within "Affinity Range" of another player when they kill an enemy will give you experience as if you had killed the enemy. You can tell you are within affinity range of someone by a small buff symbol that will appear next to your health and shield bars.

These other forms of experience gain send 25% of the gained exp to your Warframe, and split the remaining 75% evenly among your equipped weapons.

So, in other words, the fastest way to level up a weapon is to take only that weapon, and use only it to get kills, while using every Warframe ability you can without killing any enemies. Being in a group and staying near your allies also works very well.

3 minutes ago, Drathe said:

If you kill an enemy with a weapon 50% of the experience goes to *that* weapon, and 50% to your Warframe. If you use an Ability to kill an enemy, 100% of the experience goes to your Warframe.

Several other things can give you experience:

• Using abilities gives you experience equal to the *base* (unmodified) energy cost of the ability.
  • Hacking a terminal gives you 50 exp
  • Collecting golden Affinity Orbs gives you 100 exp

Additionally, being within "Affinity Range" of another player when they kill an enemy will give you experience as if you had killed the enemy. You can tell you are within affinity range of someone by a small buff symbol that will appear next to your health and shield bars.

These other forms of experience gain send 25% of the gained exp to your Warframe, and split the remaining 75% evenly among your equipped weapons.

So, in other words, the fastest way to level up a weapon is to take only that weapon, and use only it to get kills, while using every Warframe ability you can without killing any enemies. Being in a group and staying near your allies also works very well.

Here i want to add doing stealth kills with a one shot weapon and a mute mod on it can also lvl it fast combined with undetected spy data extraction. Of course not so fitting for like a MG.

26 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

So use unrank weapon to kill stuff to get exp

Or get a pug to give you exp.

Or do stuff like spy.

No wonder draco is a hit

I would advise you focus on a two birds one stone approach in this game. You gain exp no matter what you do so make that a secondary concern and focus more on trying to clear the map and farm better rewards.

4 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

So use unrank weapon to kill stuff to get exp

Or get a pug to give you exp.

Or do stuff like stealth exterminate.

No wonder Ivara with silencer mods is a hit

FTFY.

Prowl headshot damage bonus, sleep arrow all the things, headshoot them, keep that 5x stealth multiplier rolling, easy solo leveling.