Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your advice on Dread Build?

NativeKiller

Question

16 answers to this question

Serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, argon scope, blades rounds and 2 90% element mods 

putting slash mods would actually reduce your dmg, using a dual stat mod does more dmg than a 120% slash mod 

if you want fire rate mods, then just replace it with argon scope, since crit dmg is better than crit chance in these situations 

For Dread or bows in general I use two different builds.

Headshot Build: I use this mostly because it is a fun challenge to aim for headshots.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Speed Trigger/Vile Acceleration
  • Stormbringer
  • Infected Clip
  • Fanged Fusillade

This is the standard dread build that I go for. I can replace Fanged Fusillade with any other mods but from looking at it, you cant put Fusillade and Argon Scope together.

DPS Build: This build is more of a "lazy build". I mostly use it when I'm not in the mood to do headshots and just run around and shoot at everything.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Heavy Caliber
  • Vital Sense
  • Point Strike
  • Vile Acceleration
  • Stormbringer
  • Infected Clip

You sacrifice accuracy for more upfront damage. Its fun, it works, you can bring it to endgame if you wish but you do not want to snipe with this build. Its more of an "up close and personal" playstyle.

If youre looking to put Argon Scope in a bow Id suggest "Rakta Cernos". Because of the bows "Last Slot" being always optional and Cernos' fast fire rate you basically have two free mod slots.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Argon Scope
  • Bladed Rounds
  • Stormbringer
  • Infected Clip

Its more challenging to use than the Dread but the red crit headshots are real. Combine it with the syndicate proc and everything's dead. :D

I wouldn't bother with Argon Scope on Dread, all hits are guaranteed crits already with the chance of red crits. Argon Scope makes more sense on things like the Latron series or Soma.

Fanged Fusillade on the Dread is a bit so-so. Bleed procs are unaffected by it even if it does increase your overall damage, and there are a lot of enemy health/armour types that resist Slash damage. If you're playing with four Corrosive Projections that's another matter entirely and can definitely make it worthwhile.

What I'd suggest is this. I know a lot of people use Vile Acceleration on bows but to me the trade-off for the damage reduction just isn't worth it; the build can still accommodate Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger if you prefer it though. Bladed Rounds is pretty easy to get running given the damage of the Dread, and once that's up you're likely to be one-shotting a lot of enemies so it will stay active. The - Polarity in the bottom row allows you to do either the combined Elemental damage type (with Slash damage, Viral is a good choice due to Dread's base Status chance but really anything can go there) or, if you prefer, one +90% Elemental mod and Fanged Fusillade.

Serration/Split Chamber/Point Strike/Vital Sense

Bladed Rounds/Elemental90%/Elemental90%/Utility mod 

I don't run Heavy Caliber on it at all - I always try to aim for headshots, otherwise I'd select a different weapon.

Argon scope isn't all that great since it can already Redcrit with just a maxed Point strike, Bladed rounds does work well however.

My personal preference in the utility spot is to use Terminal velocity - I have other weapons if I want a faster fire rate. Nominally increasing your dps by using Vile acceleration has missed the point of these kinds of weapons entirely. As always though, that's my playstyle - do whatever suits you best.

Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike - Mandatory

Elemental 1, Elemental 2 - Depends on the faction

Rest of the two slots can be filled with Vile Aceleration ( add charge speed), Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope, Heavy Caliber, another elemental or fanged fusilade. 

Heavy Cal is only worth if you are not going for headshots. Fanged Fusilade will only help against factions like infested that are weak to slash. 

I always use Vile Acel with Bladed Rounds or Argon Scope ( I go Argon Scope when going on really long missions against armored targets where at some point it is easier to get the bonus from a headshot than from a kill). Also I tend to use bows when I have CC powers than can slow or stop enemies like Vauban, Nova, etc because it will be easier to get those headshots.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike - Mandatory

Elemental 1, Elemental 2 - Depends on the faction

Rest of the two slots can be filled with Vile Aceleration ( add charge speed), Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope, Heavy Caliber, another elemental or fanged fusilade. 

Heavy Cal is only worth if you are not going for headshots. Fanged Fusilade will only help against factions like infested that are weak to slash. 

I always use Vile Acel with Bladed Rounds or Argon Scope ( I go Argon Scope when going on really long missions against armored targets where at some point it is easier to get the bonus from a headshot than from a kill). Also I tend to use bows when I have CC powers than can slow or stop enemies like Vauban, Nova, etc because it will be easier to get those headshots.

Thank you!

I guess I will probably being using Slowva for Bow only Sorties. :)

18 hours ago, Czygen said:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Speed Trigger 

Stormbringer

Infected Clip

Bladed Rounds

It's what I would use.

What would you sacrifice for to put Argon Scope on there? 

I did a test run yesterday where a replace the "holy" Split Chamber with Argon Scope. I ran the Sortie 2 survival without any problems doing red crits almost all the time. 

15 minutes ago, k05h said:

What would you sacrifice for to put Argon Scope on there? 

I did a test run yesterday where a replace the "holy" Split Chamber with Argon Scope. I ran the Sortie 2 survival without any problems doing red crits almost all the time. 

I wouldn't sacrifice anything for Argon Scope. Bladed Rounds gives better dps.

Do you have Rakta Cernos?

Try doing it there, I want to see what happens xD

Edited by Czygen

I guess my general Dread build will be something like;

1) Serration

2) Split Chamber

3) Vital Sense

4) Point Strike

5) Element 90% 1

6) Element 90% 2

7) Speed Trigger

8) Bladed Rounds

Thank you for your advice, everyone!

Edited by NativeKiller

4 hours ago, Czygen said:

I wouldn't sacrifice anything for Argon Scope. Bladed Rounds gives better dps.

Do you have Rakta Cernos?

Try doing it there, I want to see what happens xD

Turns it into something similar to the dread only better. Its pretty cool.