Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta Kavat still good?

ChiefStevy

Question

A friend recommended me to get the smeeta kavat as I am in desperate need of Orokin cells. However, after a few runs with it equipped, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of buffs I was getting from it, especially the one that increases rare resource drops, which resulted in very few rare resources I was actually managed to get. I have also watched some footage a few weeks old of someone getting tons of rare resources using the smeeta kavat without the icon that appears on the top right, which usually pops up for me. Was there any nerf or change that came to the Smeeta kavat? Are there any recommendations for using the Smeeta kavat? Am I doing something wrong?

22 answers to this question

The Smeeta, according to the wiki, has a 28% chance to give a buff in 27 second intervals.

One of those buffs is giving you the planet's rare resources in a 3-6 bundle. It doesn't give an icon, it just straight up gives you rare resources. Another buff is giving you double resources for 2 minutes, meaning any resource you pick up gets doubled for the duration.

With its Charm ability when maxed you have a 28% chance that it will do one of the following and when at maxed rank it has a chance of happening ever 26 seconds. So in theory once every minute the kavat should give a charm effect.

Red Crits Forces all attacks (including Warframe powers) to red crits 30s
Free Powers Warframe powers cost no energy (includes channeled abilities). 10s
Doubled Pickups and Affinity Any pickups collected or affinity earned are doubled. 120s
Instant Reload Reload instantly once. Until reload
Reinforced Shields The next hit you take does no damage to you. Additionally, you gain 150 oversheilds  Until hit
Rare Resource The Smeeta creates 3-6 of the current planet's rare resources for its owner. N/A
Edited by TrueHawkEye

20 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

The Smeeta, according to the wiki, has a 28% chance to give a buff in 27 second intervals.

One of those buffs is giving you the planet's rare resources in a 3-6 bundle. It doesn't give an icon, it just straight up gives you rare resources. Another buff is giving you double resources for 2 minutes, meaning any resource you pick up gets doubled for the duration.

And by getting the rare resource, do you need to break a container it open a locker for it to drop?

17 minutes ago, TrueHawkEye said:

With its Charm ability when maxed you have a 28% chance that it will do one of the following and when at maxed rank it has a chance of happening ever 26 seconds. So in theory once every minute the kavat should give a charm effect.

Red Crits Forces all attacks (including Warframe powers) to red crits 30s
Free Powers Warframe powers cost no energy (includes channeled abilities). 10s
Doubled Pickups and Affinity Any pickups collected or affinity earned are doubled. 120s
Instant Reload Reload instantly once. Until reload
Reinforced Shields The next hit you take does no damage to you. Additionally, you gain 150 oversheilds  Until hit
Rare Resource The Smeeta creates 3-6 of the current planet's rare resources for its owner. N/A

So in theory, it's possible for none of the buffs to occur on the interval and it's possible for all of the buffs to occur on the interval?

1 minute ago, ChiefStevy said:

And by getting the rare resource, do you need to break a container it open a locker for it to drop?

So in theory, it's possible for none of the buffs to occur on the interval and it's possible for all of the buffs to occur on the interval?

It gives it to you straight in the face.

And no, it won't proc with another buff active. The intervals are for when it tries to buff you. 28% chance to buff you every 27 secs, and once it buffs you'd have to wait for the buff to end before it tries to buff you again.

32 minutes ago, ChiefStevy said:

A friend recommended me to get the smeeta kavat as I am in desperate need of Orokin cells. However, after a few runs with it equipped, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of buffs I was getting from it, especially the one that increases rare resource drops, which resulted in very few rare resources I was actually managed to get. I have also watched some footage a few weeks old of someone getting tons of rare resources using the smeeta kavat without the icon that appears on the top right, which usually pops up for me. Was there any nerf or change that came to the Smeeta kavat? Are there any recommendations for using the Smeeta kavat? Am I doing something wrong?

...it is the same like with the good old Helios scan issue... if you you put the precept Investigator too far back in the sequence it wont do jack and never scan a Thing for you...

...  so forma your Smeeta at least once so you can modify the Kavat precept order and put Charm then in the top left spot.... you will get your rare ressources at a pretty decent rate

... besides ... there is no Need to put any aggressive mods in your cat .. you can go full Utility / survivability  ... ( btw : Link armor is bugged on one of the cats atm iirc )

44 minutes ago, ChiefStevy said:

I have also watched some footage a few weeks old of someone getting tons of rare resources using the smeeta kavat without the icon that appears on the top right, which usually pops up for me. 

The icon does not appear for the rare resources dump.  There's no duration, you just get them.  As to how good it works, I once got 28 Neurodes from my Smeeta in one five minute mission.  But random buff is random.

8 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

And no, it won't proc with another buff active. The intervals are for when it tries to buff you. 28% chance to buff you every 27 secs, and once it buffs you'd have to wait for the buff to end before it tries to buff you again.

It absolutely can stack a buff before the last one is done.  It's particularly fun when you get two double resource/XP buffs in a row; it's 4x as long as both are active.

1 minute ago, Buff00n said:

The icon does not appear for the rare resources dump.  There's no duration, you just get them.  As to how good it works, I once got 28 Neurodes from my Smeeta in one five minute mission.  But random buff is random.

It absolutely can stack a buff before the last one is done.  It's particularly fun when you get two double resource/XP buffs in a row; it's 4x as long as both are active.

I haven't encountered having 2 buffs at the same time, maybe it's the RNG. I don't think that's intended though. I run with Smeeta all the time ever since I got one. Although it's a hassle to personally pick up the resources, I can get them doubled so I'd run it over Carrier any day.

23 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

I run with Smeeta all the time ever since I got one. Although it's a hassle to personally pick up the resources, I can get them doubled so I'd run it over Carrier any day.

The HUD is still pretty wonky with stacked buffs; the icon only shows the timer/status for the latest buff even though there may be older ones still active. 

So far I've use mine mainly for void trace farming and focus farming; the two minutes of double everything buff is amazing if you can catch it at the right moment.  But it's good enough that I've put a potato and formas into a pet for the first time ever.

1 hour ago, warramssie said:

...  so forma your Smeeta at least once so you can modify the Kavat precept order and put Charm then in the top left spot.... you will get your rare ressources at a pretty decent rate

Actually all you need to do is put the Charm Precept in the lower left polarised slot for Precepts. Precept order is determined in a top left->top right, lower left-->lower right order of precedence.

The Smeeta's buffs are so good I'd contend it's the best companion in the game, especially considering the Sharpened Claws reducing enemy armour to zero on attacks. The Ardazais next, followed by the utility of the Carrier, then Kubrows, then the other Sentinels. Kavats are just that much better than anything else there's not much point. Kubrows might be able to hit and tank harder in theory but in practice their AI is so bad they wind up stuck under stairs or not doing much to help you, while Kavat AI is substantially better. So for theOP, definitely keep your Smeeta. Even if it's one of the horrific looking pug-faced monsters.

12 hours ago, Buff00n said:

So basically, all of the buffs that I received from my Smeeta kavat could have been the one that gave me the rare resources, but it didn't because it was RNG stopping me? I've only gotten the rare resources once out of around 5 hours of playing.

And how exactly were you able to get 28 neurodes from that single mission? Is it possible to stack the double resource buff over the rare resource buff?

43 minutes ago, ChiefStevy said:

So basically, all of the buffs that I received from my Smeeta kavat could have been the one that gave me the rare resources, but it didn't because it was RNG stopping me? I've only gotten the rare resources once out of around 5 hours of playing.

I guess.  I've put in a lot of hours with my Smeeta and I've only seen a noticeable increase in rare resources rewarded a handful of times.  Also, I'm not 100% positive but think I've seen the "rare" resource buff give me Detonite Samples, so it may also include the "less rare" resource as well as the actual rare one.  Don't quote me on that though.

45 minutes ago, ChiefStevy said:

Is it possible to stack the double resource buff over the rare resource buff?

That's a good question.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:45 AM, Buff00n said:

I guess.  I've put in a lot of hours with my Smeeta and I've only seen a noticeable increase in rare resources rewarded a handful of times.  Also, I'm not 100% positive but think I've seen the "rare" resource buff give me Detonite Samples......

Its one of the old posts but I am still commenting cause in the hotfix before the last one DE has some exploit fix with Smeeta Kavats and I am still searching for the clarification as despite directly asking from them they didnt reply and there are some uncertain changes I have observed recently from my Kitty.

For you, you may've already figured out the rare resource activity of Smeeta and due to that I have been able to collect decent amount of rare resources in my collection and she is still helping me a lot with this.

For resources you gotta check and know the planet wise rare resource drops which she will charm out for you while you are playing missions on that planet, sometimes it happens like you have just spawned on the tileset and it charmed out a few Neural Sensors on your face :D and a few times afterwards before extracting; so you gotta let her play and allow some time.

Before this so called fix I remember getting 1600 Affinity by taking an usual yellow affinity orb (100) and maximum upto 60 void traces (people even got 100/100+) with her charm but now seems 30/30+ VT is pretty much hard to get after the hotix so clearly they nerfed our kitty here. 

I have in total 3 formas invested on her and have plans to input more as I am kinda in love with her as she is my 1st born kitty with awesome colors (just like the default one when they first launched) with arrow tails but recently thinking of getting a new one for a change.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:31 PM, AhmadIYE said:

Before this so called fix I remember getting 1600 Affinity by taking an usual yellow affinity orb (100)

The double resource/xp buff interacts in multiple ways with the affinity pickup.  It doubles the *number* of pickups, as well as the *amount* of xp from each pickup.  That means a single buff increases it to 400 xp, and if you have a double-stacked buff then it's 1600.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:31 PM, AhmadIYE said:

and maximum upto 60 void traces (people even got 100/100+) with her charm but now seems 30/30+ VT is pretty much hard to get after the hotix so clearly they nerfed our kitty here. 

I can still get the double buff as often as I ever did, especially on longer missions.  If you get a double-stacked resource buff when you pick up the 10th reactant then you can get a maximum of 120 void traces.  If you also have some duration of resource booster on top of that then the maximum is 240.  I've gotten close:

Spoiler

NceTmiN.jpg

8 hours ago, homveemanx said:

placed mine in hibernation the little kitty keep using trickery no matter in which slot charm was equipped 

I run my Smeeta without the Trickery mod.  This is pure speculation, but they have an energy stat which implies there's only so much energy to use for abilities.

1 hour ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

Am I reading this right?

i can start a solo mission with a smeeta kavat, go out for two houers, then return and find a stash of rare ressources piled up in front of me?

Well, yeah.  But probably not as much as if you just ran a Nekros for two hours.

Edited by Buff00n

On 02/08/2016 at 2:13 AM, Akavakaku said:

How long do you spend in the mission? On a Syndicate mission where I take the time to find all 8 medallions, I have quite a lot of rare stuff by the end.

^^ Yeah this!!! My smeeta is my friend for the daily medallion hunt. Might buff my rare resources and medallions!!!

It's all RNG but it does help on longer missions where you're specifically farming stuff... I do however find myself using my adarza on higher team missions more due to the crit buff at regular intervals for the whole team .  Having said that I do wish the kavats had their abilities balanced between them a bit more, smeeta is a better overall kavat for a lot of missions.   

The buffs are too irregular to be able to actually count on the smeeta. You can get no buffs for 3-4 minutes straight,  or get the instant reload a lot. The 2 useful buffs are crit buff, but as I said, it's too unpredictable, and the resource booster, but the chance of it happening when you really need it is too small. Their duration is also RNG, you can get 8 seconds of buff, or 120 seconds of buff.  Yeah, you can wait for it to appear, but the chances are that you`ll gather much more resources in the same time depending on RNG.

Adarza is much more reliable as far as crit goes.

Edited by aligatorno