Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo's Pick at the moment.

LunarEdge7

I didn't farm Ivara as much as I lucked my way into getting her. The only thing I farmed was the blueprint, which took me 7 or 8 runs to get. Otherwise, I got all her other parts doing spy missions for something else. The best one was her helmet, which I got while I was hunting an Acolyte. After that, I had all the parts, and farmed the bp. This happened 2 days ago, she's being crafted currently.

I still voted for her to get the discount because of how much of a pain she is to get. It won't hurt to make her more available to people in general. I do not have either Chroma or Atlas yet, but Chroma is easy and reliable to get and Atlas I have no interest in. 

13 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Why would that even matter. I get that some can spend a lot of time trying to beat the RNG and would probably like to think that such effort means something but in truth it's just a lot of time wasted on grinding. There's nothing fair about the RNG so it's not like you are earning a frame by farming it any more than if you had just bought it. You also don't become any better at warframe by grinding a lot in your old frames instead of opening up new play options so it's not even admirable to grind for stuff in that regard.

Our opinions differ. Anyways, it's fine if it doesn't matter to you, this question was only to sate my own curiosity. Not a complaint or anything else.

11 hours ago, QuietBiro said:

Chroma is easy and reliable to get and Atlas I have no interest in.

You should look at page 1, at the person who posted the things you need to do to get Chroma.

And as for Atlas, I understand. He doesn't really appeal to a wide audience other than the cringy One Punch Man cosplayers. (Cringy at least imo, anyways.)

That and the players who don't want to use plan Atlas and hate the Archwing Assassination mission to get all his parts.

1 hour ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Our opinions differ. Anyways, it's fine if it doesn't matter to you, this question was only to sate my own curiosity. Not a complaint or anything else.

Sure, and it was just a comment.

The only reason stuff in WF is behind such tough grind walls is that it is a free to play game. The employees at DE still need an income. If everybody thought like you then there wouldn't be any Warframe anymore. So the admirable people IMO are those who support the game so the rest can leach to play for free.

Edited by Golmihr

1. not really, I knew we would see a frame in one of the votes for the sake of diversity, but my money would have been on the likes of Excalibur or Ash.

2. totally fine with it. it's other Players' money, and Ivara is a great Frame. wasn't surprised to see here way ahead in the votes.

3. started farming for her, but couldn't get the Helmet, so started trading for the Plat to buy her, which I did. one of the best purchases I made. and while you said you have no interest in her, neither did I really, but now I use her more often than Loki Prime. she's awesome!

When i strated the game i had lot of fun so since i had a 75% discount AND ivara itself was on discount already i decided to buy her (free potato + free slot also) my 3rd day.

Its one of the most fun WF thus i voted for ivara so people who can't farm her can buy her cheap :).

As an old mmo player i think if something forces you to do things you don t enjoy to get something in a game, it might keep you busy for a time but in the end it makes you question if you are really having fun playing the game itself :< ruining your future experience... (unless you are one of those people who likes to showoff).

So cheap Ivara is good.

1. This one was pretty obvious, but maybe they'll throw a curve ball at us with a choice between a kraken, sicarus, and a viper.

2. Yup. More money for DE, more fun for the people.

3. I hesitate to use the term "farm", I was super lucky with drops when she came out and got her in no time.

i farmed ivara...and its very painful farm even its sound very easy... u can solo  spy missions pretty fast but amount of runs u need to do is crazy. farmed only chassis 3 day...ivara bp and helmet... also drop very rare...i  did before couple dayes maybe 3 spy missions in row got 1 bp 1 helemt in all runs....anyone who dont have it this discount is nice... just buy it

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

A promotion to laziness XD

That keeps DE doing their business and giving you this game for free. In that case, i gladly be lazy so others can enjoy this game.

I never understood the point where people buy stuff, others go crazy about it.

Edited by SinergyX

I don't understand why people think ivara is hard to farm, I get a blueprint for one of her parts about every 3-5 spy missions on average. Atlas on the other hand is an absolute pain, the bossfight is really boring, completely non-challenging, and requires archwing, not to mention my parts-rng on him is the worst, I had an easier time getting equinox... I got ivara quite easily when I farmed for her actually, I really don't understand the problem, you even get some sellable mods and decent xp on weapons while doing it.

36 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i farmed ivara...and its very painful farm even its sound very easy... u can solo  spy missions pretty fast but amount of runs u need to do is crazy. farmed only chassis 3 day...ivara bp and helmet... also drop very rare...i  did before couple dayes maybe 3 spy missions in row got 1 bp 1 helemt in all runs....anyone who dont have it this discount is nice... just buy it

Pretty much my story when I farmed her....

Bp/Helm being bundle together made it painful to get the last part (helm) for 40+ runs & a week later...

RNGebus did not like me that day. :( 

9 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

Pretty much my story when I farmed her....

Bp/Helm being bundle together made it painful to get the last part (helm) for 40+ runs & a week later...

RNGebus did not like me that day. :( 

yes i  100% understand u.. sometimes is really hard to farm... 

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

yes i  100% understand u.. sometimes is really hard to farm... 

17704886.jpg

Yep v-v

At least it was worth it for how much use/fun she is <3

But like ye said, it's best buy her at discount.... if I had that option I would bought her after 30 runs.

I'm surprised I didn't had dreams of doing same mission after having it ingrained on my brain @.@.

22 hours ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

I wanted Chroma to win. With his parts being moved to the junctions it's annoying as hell to farm now. Chroma is very time consuming as it is considering you need another warframe part for each of his components even before SoTR. Farming Saryn is now overly complicated and completely stupid now. It's bad enough I have to be at the mercy of rng, but now I need to do repeated missions of Rathuum just to get enough points to have a chance at the Saryn part? Not too mention that annoying &amp;#&#33; boss fight. I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's talk about how you even get the bloody chroma systems. One of the junction tasks require intercepting 3 signals at an Archwing mission on Uranus. It's bad enough 90% of players don't give a damn about Archwing so they don't waste their time upgrading or leveling anything, but the Archwing enemies feel like they've been buffed and it's interception so it's not like you can solo it. Oh, I almost forgot the terrible movement system now. And then there are some players who think intercept 3 signals means to cap at least 3 points and when the round is over you can leave.

Its not like you even tried to solo that archwing intercerption,yet you talk about it....i did it solo,just move from point to point theres not enough enemies to take away from you more than one point at a time.

On 8/3/2016 at 6:44 PM, LunarEdge7 said:

1. Are the choices too obvious in your opinion? (I personally, saw this coming the moment where I read "Vote for your choice from three different items".)

Yep too obvious, after all the comment on how hard their grind is for a long time, yep way too obvious aside chroma.

2. Are you okay with this? (I'm not sure but maybe I'll cringe one day when I see 3 other players as Prowlers one day.)

Nope, never okay with something that i already own! Though it community pick so, i dont care anyway.

3. Did you buy or farm for Ivara? (I have no interest in her at the moment so I can't give my answer for this one. Don't persuade me, please. >->")

Farm every single frame, buy it = you lose the grind and suffering (where frustration should lay rest if you dont grind and suffer?)

I'm surprised I even have this many replies on this thread that I made. Usually I'll only get 1-3 comments on my threads.

I think I'm satisfied with these many thoughts given. You can all discuss somethin' else if you want to, like how lucky/unlucky you are on the timing you either: Bought Ivara before hearing this discount going on/bought Ivara only to see this discount chance, or how long/short it took for you to farm her.