Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Defense - A VIP Target?

ServareVitas

Question

So I tried a sortie defense for the first time the other day. I can't connect online so can only do local with my brother, thereby limiting the ability to do most sorties. This one however seemed like it was doable because it was a defense against infested so I just thought right we can do this if we have a Vauban and someone who can spew out damage quickly. We got into game and couldn't find the cryopod, it kept moving around then I suddenly notice "who the F%$$ is that?" and saw the defense target was some goggle wearing rescue target. Is this how all sortie defenses work? People rather than pods?

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

Limbo is also good, you can Banish the defence target and make them invincible.

This was my initial idea after finding out it was a VIP but I just presumed DE would have patched this out. Can you really banish the target?

5 hours ago, ServareVitas said:

This was my initial idea after finding out it was a VIP but I just presumed DE would have patched this out. Can you really banish the target?

Unless DE changed how Limbo's Banish works just in Sortie missions, yes you can.

10 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Well yes, except you can't really pop out of the rift without being oneshoted on a sortie 2 or 3

Never had a problem with it really. I've run Limbo on a few later Sortie Defences and not gone down myself. With Constitution, Narrow-Minded, and Primed Continuity it is extremely unlikely the defence target will drop out when surrounded, and even then if you stay nearby you'll be in position to re-cast during the small window where he's vulnerable.

2 hours ago, WrathAscending said:

Never had a problem with it really. I've run Limbo on a few later Sortie Defences and not gone down myself. With Constitution, Narrow-Minded, and Primed Continuity it is extremely unlikely the defence target will drop out when surrounded, and even then if you stay nearby you'll be in position to re-cast during the small window where he's vulnerable.

I meant limbo himself has to also be in the rift. Tried to help out and got down almost instantly, so in the end i decided to just baby sit and revive

Just now, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I meant limbo himself has to also be in the rift. Tried to help out and got down almost instantly, so in the end i decided to just baby sit and revive

Not IME. I stayed out of the Rift and used Vaykor Hek, Sonicor, and War. Didn't go down once, did have to revive other players a few times. No Trinity in those games either.

The 1st step when doing a sortie is to read the sortie description, it did contain that information, then you move to things such as tileset and faction.

You didn't read the sortie mission, so i would advice reading before even trying to come up with any sort of strategy for such a mission.