Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

46 minutes ago, Pie4man said:

Ability 4: Shadows of Death: Umbra unleashes the full tormented power of his corrupted side, causing all nearby enemies to either flee, fight amongst themselves, or commit suicide.

ShadowsOfTheDeadMod.png

Edited by Raniu

15 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

If you look at the OP, you'll see that you can wear the scarf with any Excalibur skin. Immortal, Prisma and Proto. 

So far as we know, right now it's exclusive to Excal Umbra. 

Problem is all I really want is to wear the scarf on my prime...  literally all I want from umbra is the scarf for my Excal P.

1 hour ago, Pie4man said:

I have no idea why the auto sorting system sent this to disacussions my guess is the name so I changed it 

"umbra" in the name so it gets merged

29 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Problem is all I really want is to wear the scarf on my prime...  literally all I want from umbra is the scarf for my Excal P.

the scarf seems to  be a fixed mechanic to Excalibur umbra. it isnt a swapable to vanilla or prime variant 

Spoiler

The Scarf as seen in many Images/Vids is possibly a toggleable item in the global builds excalibur umbra.

Currently according to our chinaframe source it is not a toggleable auxiliary and is a locked in cosmetic to Excalibur Umbra prime

It is Unknown at this time whether or not the "scarf" is a Syandana or an auxiliary item that may or may not be exclusive to Umbra warframe(s) global build

Currently  it can be worn with a Syandana,

leading us to believe it could become an auxiliary like valkyr's Bonds.

weather its permanent or toggleable in the global build is yet to be addressed by DE at this time

4 hours ago, Pie4man said:

Ability 1: Chains of Shadow: Umbra lets loss a shadow chain that will latch onto an enemy and silently drag them within melee range to pull off a melee execution.

Actually I really like that as an idea.

could make it pretty handy if you changed radial blind to something like "dark skies above" or something. instead of blinding things, drop a shaded area that makes you harder to see/hit from outside and opens up enemies underneath to finishers. being able to drag enemies into that would apply the effect.

1 minute ago, Foolio13 said:

Actually I really like that as an idea.

could make it pretty handy if you changed radial blind to something like "dark skies above" or something. instead of blinding things, drop a shaded area that makes you harder to see/hit from outside and opens up enemies underneath to finishers. being able to drag enemies into that would apply the effect.

just a heads up i think that a new concept was made elsewhere, as the name caused a merger  

I just went over the Stream again and something Steve said has me a little worried. When reading aloud a comment about Umbra's lore, he openly said "This is someone who probably won't be disappointed." 

Now for me that can mean only two things:

1. The Umbra quest is going to be mind-bendingly awesome and all of the lore guys will love it.

2. But for those of us who want Umbra purely for looks, we will not be very happy. Our Umbra is going to look terrible compared to the original Umbra that we've seen in all of the pictures, generously provided by LazerSkink.

I'm concerned that Steve's Tweet of our Umbra being 94% similar is no longer valid.......

Of course is could be barking up the wrong tree. But it still has me worried. I hate how cryptic DE can be.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I just went over the Stream again and something Steve said has me a little worried. When reading aloud a comment about Umbra's lore, he openly said "This is someone who probably won't be disappointed." 

Now for me that can mean only two things:

1. The Umbra quest is going to be mind-bendingly awesome and all of the lore guys will love it.

2. But for those of us who want Umbra purely for looks, we will not be very happy. Our Umbra is going to look terrible compared to the original Umbra that we've seen in all of the pictures, generously provided by LazerSkink.

I'm concerned that Steve's Tweet of our Umbra being 94% similar is no longer valid.......

Of course is could be barking up the wrong tree. But it still has me worried. I hate how cryptic DE can be.

This had me worried aswell. If a umbra isn't what we want #riot #takeChina'sUmbra #kms (jk it's just a prank bro)

1 hour ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

That would be awesome, even for people who wants an upgraded excal to play with or for those who simply want a better looking version for fashionframe purposes.

That would be awful, I guess a hige sh*tstorm will start if our Umbra looks not similar enough to what has been seen from those chinaframe caps. Even worse after the huge delay (which includes our beloved "2 month guess" eta)

I hope you're wrong, on the other side, I have some thoughts on why steve might make such a deliberate decision even knowing what we players are expecting, but given that currently noone has seen our Umbra, thinking further about all of it doesn't make any sense until umbra gets finally released.

I'm going to see devstream while looking for umbra info, could anyone give me an approximate timestamp to look for? Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

I want to make my latron prime look like the wraith one or at least have its sound :x

Edited by -----LegioN-----

i think the devs have chosen the name umbra because of too much use of umbra-software ...

all this romantic myths about "umbra", they worked too much, was going for a beer and got drunk and found a new name, thats all ! XD

2 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

This had me worried aswell. If a umbra isn't what we want #riot #takeChina'sUmbra #kms (jk it's just a prank bro)

Ok.

On 24/02/2016 at 6:33 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

To add my own predictions to it: I kinda, sorta, think there's going to be a backlash when Umbra does get released. I strongly suspect that no matter what form Umbra takes upon release, people are going to be toxic about it on the forums, even when they have it. At best, I suspect that there will be unpleasant crowing about how they just knew that DE could have released Umbra all along, etc. At worst, there may be multiple threads accompanied by a Twitstorm over how Umbra is disappointing, Umbra is not a massive upgrade from Excalibur, why isn't Umbra the way we thought it would be, etc.

On 01/04/2016 at 9:14 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah.....a while ago, I predicted that when he gets released, there's going to be a backlash, and that when it happens, the degree of saltiness which people display will be in direct proportion to how hype they were before the release.

I'm happy with this  :)

Spoiler

Umbra Excalibur
• If players had known exactly what The Second Dream revealed before they played it, the experience would have been ruined - The situation with Umbra Excalibur is similar to this
• There is currently a plan for how Umbra Excalibur will be introduced into the global build, and work has been done - it's no longer just in the planning stages
• The only reason there is so little information on Umbra is to prevent spoilers and hopefully make the experience more enjoyable for players
• No current ETA for Umbra's release

Just now, Martin_Widow_Maker said:

I'm happy with this  :)

Hide contents

Umbra Excalibur
• If players had known exactly what The Second Dream revealed before they played it, the experience would have been ruined - The situation with Umbra Excalibur is similar to this
• There is currently a plan for how Umbra Excalibur will be introduced into the global build, and work has been done - it's no longer just in the planning stages
• The only reason there is so little information on Umbra is to prevent spoilers and hopefully make the experience more enjoyable for players
• No current ETA for Umbra's release

After almost 11 months, there's some progress.

47 minutes ago, Martin_Widow_Maker said:

at least we have a date 2016-09-16 ( last lunar eclipse of 2016 ) :P

That actually sound like a good date , for me at least cuz like , PC getting u 19 soon maybe June? and yeah i don't think Umbra will come with U19 cuz it has a  lot of stuff and i don't think DE would've just put it like a surprise since they also said they have no eta , anyway. also TennoCon in July and I've always thought they'd say something about him in TennoCon  so 2016-9-16 is a reasonable date. 

Not like it's gonna affect us console players , we're always gonna be late and left behind * sad cry *

Edited by (PS4)joe03827
console peasants

1 hour ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

That actually sound like a good date , for me at least cuz like , PC getting u 19 soon maybe June? and yeah i don't think Umbra will come with U19 cuz it has a  lot of stuff and i don't think DE would've just put it like a surprise since they also said they have no eta , anyway. also TennoCon in July and I've always thought they'd say something about him in TennoCon  so 2016-9-16 is a reasonable date. 

Not like it's gonna affect us console players , we're always gonna be late and left behind * sad cry *

I guess DE said that the umbra is the big thing in the main quest in update19... so if he does not come out then, then he never will! -_-