Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

There is a high chance it will come in U19, Due to alot of hints that it is, also I Redemption made some good points of why it will be in U19, now I have to say, there will be bad consequences if DE does not deliver. However with what happened with the nerfs in the new update, Im not holding my breath. 

37 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

There is a high chance it will come in U19, Due to alot of hints that it is, also I Redemption made some good points of why it will be in U19, now I have to say, there will be bad consequences if DE does not deliver. However with what happened with the nerfs in the new update, Im not holding my breath. 

You've said this before, and I've responded before, so I hope you won't be too annoyed if I observe that y'all seem to be really fond of threatening DE with consequences if they don't cough up Umbra. Um. What consequences, though?

To put it in perspective: if Umbra is not made available in U19, then I expect complaints and grumbling and some very ill-advised statements which earn some people warning points, maybe even getting a couple of hotheads kicked off the forums until they cool off.... but I wouldn't expect it to be even one-fifth so bad as the whining about the recent nerfs to the 'Sit still in one spot and spam damage immunity and mass area crowd control ultimates' meta.

Play it cool. Umbra, like many things, will drop when it drops. Till then, just play games. Warframe, or Overwatch, or just have beers and play boardgames. It's all good.

Hopefully I can be forgiven for being a little snarky and cynical if I make a prediction of my own: no matter what, when Umbra eventually arrives there is going to be a backlash. The Umbra Warframe is going to disappoint/piss off some people, and I have the gut feeling that the more hyped a player is for the release of Umbra, the more likely they are to be salty about some aspect of it when it is released.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You've said this before, and I've responded before, so I hope you won't be too annoyed if I observe that y'all seem to be really fond of threatening DE with consequences if they don't cough up Umbra. Um. What consequences, though?

To put it in perspective: if Umbra is not made available in U19, then I expect complaints and grumbling and some very ill-advised statements which earn some people warning points, maybe even getting a couple of hotheads kicked off the forums until they cool off.... but I wouldn't expect it to be even one-fifth so bad as the whining about the recent nerfs to the 'Sit still in one spot and spam damage immunity and mass area crowd control ultimates' meta.

Play it cool. Umbra, like many things, will drop when it drops. Till then, just play games. Warframe, or Overwatch, or just have beers and play boardgames. It's all good.

Reveal hidden contents

Hopefully I can be forgiven for being a little snarky and cynical if I make a prediction of my own: no matter what, when Umbra eventually arrives there is going to be a backlash. The Umbra Warframe is going to disappoint/piss off some people, and I have the gut feeling that the more hyped a player is for the release of Umbra, the more likely they are to be salty about some aspect of it when it is released.

It will be in U19.

14 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

Well, they have the Umbra already, right? Doesnt this mean they already had u19?

ChinaFrame got Excal Umbra Prime as a founder thing like a year ago , global will be getting Excal Umbra soonTM , and no ChinaFrame doesn't have U.19

1 minute ago, LordCasimiro said:

Well, they have the Umbra already, right? Doesnt this mean they already had u19?

umbra was introduced to china as their excal prime. Granted by a prime access like the original and with a stupid founders promise like the original. He has no canonical lore attached to him in china. Its taken us a long time to get it because they wanted to write a cinematic quest around him. Tbh I'd rather have him already then sit in this perennial waiting room for umbra to come out in some grandiose way that will thrill me for about a minute.

7 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

Nope, this only means that they obtained umbra before, in the same way they got nezha, wukong, ninkond, zhuge, nikana prime, spira prime, etc. Before than us even while being behind on the updates.

8 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

How does China unlock Umbra Excalibur bTW, a quest or something?

In the same way we were able to obtain excal prime for a while.

rNuhBOD.gif

were supposed to get like the same thing. I think they mentioned like a pbr thing as the difference and maybe some different passive. I don't know if hell have the same perks as prime like getting energy from death balls in the void but other stuff. He's a frame and I guess he's gonna have gold stuff, hopefully he just looks like the original

I haven't yet found the answer to this question in the post, but I want to know if this Umbra business is just going to end up like Prime access and just be another 140$ every 3 months.

10 minutes ago, Jarcu said:

I haven't yet found the answer to this question in the post, but I want to know if this Umbra business is just going to end up like Prime access and just be another 140$ every 3 months.

DE havent given a statement regarding that

what we know is 

- there is a limited number of umbras (all frames have prime, not all have an umbra variant)
-umbras have there own system (method of being obtained) <- this may mean they are not obtainable in the same way as prime access

that dosnt mean there couldn't be a "umbra access" , its just not official 

but honestly that wouldn't be favorable, id rather people could get 1 umbra for doing a quest or such 

11 minutes ago, Jarcu said:

don't you think if they were just gonna make it a prime access they woulda did it already? Also, it doesn't take almost a year to develop a prime access.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

were supposed to get like the same thing. I think they mentioned like a pbr thing as the difference and maybe some different passive. I don't know if hell have the same perks as prime like getting energy from death balls in the void but other stuff. He's a frame and I guess he's gonna have gold stuff, hopefully he just looks like the original

steve commented at a pbr adjustment as well as some cosmetic differences he guesstimated as 94% similar (6% difference)

all i have to say ..better have my golden arm decorations ..

latest?cb=20160414080831

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
typo ....