Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

to the community it was a big shock 

we were not given any direct info/images/ idea on the operator other then vague hints here and there in the games story on what we were.

we were not teased anything directly involved with the operator, and weve not been given anything direct on umbra, but as De states soon on both umbra and war within and per novusnova

"The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

when you put that together with the only new large cinematic quest thats coming that brings with it "new mechanics" and new lore 

i find it very info compelling tenno 

that makes sense thank you for the enlightenment. I might have ragain hype for the next update

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

at least for part 3 which is the quest 

by all info present its a logical deployment platform given how large u19 is 

and glad to see you rekindle that fire tenno ^. ^

but I am a frost main, my heart is cold and head hard as steel

Just now, ashrah said:

umbra should be 3 times stornger than regular frames including all bese states

I don't agree that he should trump all other Warframes, but yes, he should be stronger than Excalibur/Excalibur Prime because of the likely hoops we'll need to jump through to get him.

44 minutes ago, Nyrakav said:

I don't agree that he should trump all other Warframes, but yes, he should be stronger than Excalibur/Excalibur Prime because of the likely hoops we'll need to jump through to get him.

He should be stronger than Excalibur Prime, and equal Excalibur Umbra Prime.

Edited by Darth_Nox

15 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i dont honestly know

last stats i had were well before u18 

Umbra Excalibur Prime: max power 150, stamina 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250 and sprint speed 1.0

(Note: these stats are pre-U17 for the chinese build. They're outdated).

Excalibur Prime: max power 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250, sprint speed 1.0

Excalibur: max power 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 225, sprint speed 1.0

You wrong. UEP have 225 max power.

Edited by Darth_Nox

2 minutes ago, Darth_Nox said:

Based on........? Can't say anything about the "stronger than Excalibur Prime" because I have no idea how Umbra is compared to Prime and I also want to avoid any exclusivities crying as the plague, but there's no reason why a normal frame version should be equal to a Primed one.

If Umbra has to be better than Excalibur Prime that's ok, but if there's an Umbra Prime version it has clearly to be better than the standard one.

2 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Based on........? Can't say anything about the "stronger than Excalibur Prime" because I have no idea how Umbra is compared to Prime and I also want to avoid any exclusivities crying as the plague, but there's no reason why a normal frame version should be equal to a Primed one.

If Umbra has to be better than Excalibur Prime that's ok, but if there's an Umbra Prime version it has clearly to be better than the standard one.

Why need umbra if we have prime ? Only reason because umbra will be better.

7 minutes ago, Darth_Nox said:

Excalibur and Excalibur Prime are the same frame though, the only thing Excalibur Prime has over default Excal is 25 more armor. I feel that Umbra should start with 150 shields and Health as well as his 250 armor, then there would be a reason to use him over Excal and Excal P other than his (super friggin awesome) style.

Just now, Darth_Nox said:

Why need umbra if we have prime ? Only reason because umbra will be better.

Not necessarely, they could easily be just different upgrades, like in million other cases.

And this does not answer to why Umbra should be better than Umbra Prime, which is kind of a nonsense; also, following your logic the fact that there's an Umbra Prime means that "Prime" is always at the top.

10 minutes ago, Nyrakav said:

Excalibur and Excalibur Prime are the same frame though, the only thing Excalibur Prime has over default Excal is 25 more armor. I feel that Umbra should start with 150 shields and Health as well as his 250 armor, then there would be a reason to use him over Excal and Excal P other than his (super friggin awesome) style.

Chinese wersion more better. It have 225 power. And with primed flow it have 637 power. EP only have 425. Why chinese players better us ?  We deserwe Excalibur equal UEP.

Edited by Darth_Nox

I hope that the Umbras are considerably different from regular frames instead of simply being upgrades. Like: Not being able to collect energy pick-ups, but rather getting energy from dealing damage/killing enemies/using some sort of ability, or possessing a sort of "stamina" that regenerates while not being used and is used for powers instead of energy - new mechanics, to put it simply. Whether the Umbra has higher base stats, and how much higher, and what base stats, is completely irrelevant when compared to everything else the Umbra can or could be.

17 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Not necessarely, they could easily be just different upgrades, like in million other cases.

And this does not answer to why Umbra should be better than Umbra Prime, which is kind of a nonsense; also, following your logic the fact that there's an Umbra Prime means that "Prime" is always at the top.

I don`t think so. You forget what skana prisma better than skana prime. And latron wraith not worse his prime version. Prime not always better. And umbra can be better.

55 minutes ago, Darth_Nox said:

I don`t think so. You forget what skana prisma better than skana prime. And latron wraith not worse his prime version. Prime not always better. And umbra can be better.

You're missing the point, you keep on saying that Umbra can be better than Prime like if I said something against it, which I didn't; let's say Umbra is better than Prime, ok?

Then:

Excalibur Umbra > Excalibur Prime > Excalibur

Works for you?

Then, you have a Prime version of that Umbra, which means you have a deluxe version of a deluxe version; not only it means that Umbra can be Primed, but also means that the "Prime" is an upgrade for Umbra too, otherwise, as you said, why needing Prime if we have Umbra? Why making a Umbra PRIME version if it's the same as the normal Umbra?

Excalibur Umbra Prime > Excalibur Umbra > Excalibur Prime > Excalibur

Again, Umbra may well turn out being better than Prime, but Umbra Prime will always be better; in fact, there's Excalibur Umbra Prime and not Excalibur Prime Umbra, meaning the "Prime" is still the major upgrade of a version, being it standard or upgraded already.

So, returning to your first post, again, there's no way to tell Excalibur Prime will be better, equal or worst than Umbra, they may well turn out having the same stats or even Umbra being better, but our Umbra won't be better than Umbra Prime, simply because that's an upgrade.

Edited by siralextraffo

Excalibur Umbra Prime is exclusive to the founders pack in China, I highly doubt we will ever see it outside of images.

We are getting, at some point, Excalibur Umbra.

Would be interesting to see stats boosted differently to make it slightly different to play but I highly doubt DE are going to make Umbra the *best* Excalibur frame, more likely its going to be a sidegrade to Prime, or the Prime buffed up to the same level as Umbra.

Someone else posted their theory about Umbra being like an alternative or building upon the current focus system.  Or even a super saiyan-esque power up.  Now I don't think that this will be a power up ability like focus.  I think (more hoping than thinking) that you can turn any frame into an umbra frame through this new "mechanic" or system that DEsteve alluded to.  My reasoning is that I really don't think that DE wants to create an umbra model for EVERY warframe (starting with excal), while they have net new frames in development, prime variants, deluxe skins, etc.  I just don't know if they'd have the bandwidth to design another full line of frames.  That being said, my theory is probably NOT plausible because this would mean that DE would have to add visual tweaks for EACH warframe to match the umbra aesthetic already shown for Excalibur.  So I don't freakin know hah

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

You're missing the point, you keep on saying that Umbra can be better than Prime like if I said something against it, which I didn't; let's say Umbra is better than Prime, ok?

Then:

Excalibur Umbra > Excalibur Prime > Excalibur

Works for you?

Then, you have a Prime version of that Umbra, which means you have a deluxe version of a deluxe version; not only it means that Umbra can be Primed, but also means that the "Prime" is an upgrade for Umbra too, otherwise, as you said, why needing Prime if we have Umbra? Why making a Umbra PRIME version if it's the same as the normal Umbra?

Excalibur Umbra Prime > Excalibur Umbra > Excalibur Prime > Excalibur

Again, Umbra may well turn out being better than Prime, but Umbra Prime will always be better; in fact, there's Excalibur Umbra Prime and not Excalibur Prime Umbra, meaning the "Prime" is still the major upgrade of a version, being it standard or upgraded already.

So, returning to your first post, again, there's no way to tell Excalibur Prime will be better, equal or worst than Umbra, they may well turn out having the same stats or even Umbra being better, but our Umbra won't be better than Umbra Prime, simply because that's an upgrade.

just to clarify as i understand it

umbra =/= prime

they are counterparts dark(umbra) and light (prime) 

umbra excal prime is china founders model, it is not an umbra other then in name and model design, it still has the passives of prime variants to my knowledge, as its chinaframes excal prime basically

as well as i dont think we will see any other umbra&prime combo variants , but i could be wrong 

possibly equinox as one user suggested due to its dual forms 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra excal prime is china founders model, it is not an umbra other then in name and model design, it still has the passives of prime variants to my knowledge, as its chinaframes excal prime basically

Pfffft, sorry. i lol-ed a lot. Umbra prime is deluxe version of Regular Umbra, just like Prime is deluxe of Regular frame. No matter we will get Umbra prime or not, Umbra prime still is a upgrade version of Umbra.

and who say umbra is counter part of light ? and what about umbra prime ? it's a " twilight " version ?

Laughing04.gif~c200

28 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

just to clarify as i understand it

umbra =/= prime

as well as i dont think we will see any other umbra&prime combo variants , but i could be wrong 

possibly equinox as one user suggested due to its dual forms 

given we don't know anything of how umbra will be handled. it very well might be prime+ (basically the prime that excal prime SHOULD have been) 

With that said. when umbra comes out, prime should be buffed to equal it so it would be a matter of choice for those who have prime and for those who don't, know they are on equal playing field.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

-snip-

Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes)

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

Excalibur Umbra Prime is exclusive to the founders pack in China, I highly doubt we will ever see it outside of images.

We are getting, at some point, Excalibur Umbra.

Umbra Excalibur Prime has different stats from our Excalibur Prime, and is limited to the Chinese version of Warframe which for all intents and purposes is an entirely different game.

Excalibur Umbra is going to be a direct upgrade to the standard Excalibur warframe that will be available to all tenno new and old 

videos

Spoiler

might want to read up first tenno 

^ And then ? by your logic, exca prime is not a exca ? ( or maybe exca prime is not a warfame ) because we can't have a chance to get it.

I maybe ok with umbra is dark, but what is umbra prime ? I already know it exclusive, but if umbra is dark, so what is umbra prime. please explain.

You can't hide the truth is exca umpra brime is an upgrade version of exca umbra.