The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

21 hours ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I always wonder how many pics he must has saved on his pc..

21 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

You like using memes and other macros a lot don't you lol

21 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

he posts gifs and stuff frequently so he must have a large stock of the things. or he just slaps them together himself real quick

..... i will neither confirm nor deny 

shifty_eyes.gif

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
typo

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

they are present in the codex , wiki, and in dozens of threads/posts

so that request dosnt seem reasonable 

that refers to their bodies, what about if the orokin were similar to the cephalons , a downloaded consciousness, kill as many bodies as we like, they could  have hidden themselves away and just be biding their time ....

ill take a chocolate vanilla

Cephalon a you say? Hmmmm...I know the perfect assassins.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBef1kcGEDT9os-SZO8ez

*gives Ice Cream* 

2 minutes ago, awokgiler said:

I just want Umbra to come with this. 

Hide contents

600px-197Umbreon.png

Yeah, there is no chance for that since copyright bla bla. But imagination can change the world, right?

*paints kitten with black derelict and kavasa gold colors* 

I guess that's the closest we might be getting (not sure if any of the gen masks will make it look closer)

On a side note, I just saw tennocon stream, and the QA about Umbra just made me sad.

iirc things went something like this:

Tall guy (can't remember the name): "we've got plans for Umbra"

Space mom: "we've been saying that for a while, but when are players going to see those plans?"

Steve: "*ehrm...* I guess... like... in the next... cycle... of months.... that's just around the corner"

It clearly feels like they don't even want to work on it, otherwise I see no reason to not having released umbra adter practically a whole year (other than having done nothing) and all they do is sending any question back to the "shut up and keep waiting because this will be amazing" spot. (Sad to go back some pages where this had been already jumped)

16 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

*paints kitten with black derelict and kavasa gold colors* 

I guess that's the closest we might be getting (not sure if any of the gen masks will make it look closer)

On a side note, I just saw tennocon stream, and the QA about Umbra just made me sad.

Reveal hidden contents

iirc things went something like this:

Tall guy (can't remember the name): "we've got plans for Umbra"

Space mom: "we've been saying that for a while, but when are players going to see those plans?"

Steve: "*ehrm...* I guess... like... in the next... cycle... of months.... that's just around the corner"

It clearly feels like they don't even want to work on it, otherwise I see no reason to not having released umbra adter practically a whole year (other than having done nothing) and all they do is sending any question back to the "shut up and keep waiting because this will be amazing" spot. (Sad to go back some pages where this had been already jumped)

Supernatural-Dean.gifEc2TVI1.gif

Edited by yual

47 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Hide contents

Or it clearly feels like they want people to stop being dumb and asking them to spoil the surprise. Ignoring the datamining, DE wants the when and how of Umbra to be a surprise. It makes sense because we already seen him before, so it can't be a surprise exactly like the Operators but it's something. I look at it like this:

The Second Dream

-  We knew when we were expecting the Tenno to drop.

- We didn't know what they'd look like or what they can do.

Umbra

- We don't know when were getting it.

- We do know what it looks like and what it can do, barring any changes in development that we don't know of.

Edited by EmptyDevil

3 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Or it clearly feels like they want people to stop being dumb and asking them to spoil the surprise. Ignoring the datamining, DE wants the when of Umbra to be a surprise. It makes sense because we already seen him before, so it can't be a surprise exactly like the Operators but it's something. I look at it like this:

The Second Dream

-  We knew when we were expecting the Tenno to drop.

- We didn't know what they'd look like or what they can do.

Umbra

- We don't know when were getting it.

- We do know what it looks like and what it can do, barring any changes in development that we don't know of.

Datamining? DE has openly recognized before to add some stuff to game data just to mislead dataminers, so the spoilers found might have been just a fake trail to hype players again. 

About what we know, all we have is an approximation to how the global Umbra will look and no idea of his tweaks when compared to any Excalibur out there nor the differences between Prime and Umbra passives (if the last one exists) 

I understand if they don't want to spoil the surprise, but surprises stop being amusing when you know they are there but you can't get them for whatever reason. I guess we all like getting birthday surprises, for example, but we'd all hate our family telling us to put a blindfold (or ro stay in a room, or whatever) while waiting for a surprise only to keep us waiting for hours, days or weeks without anything but "keep waiting, your surprise is coming so stop asking" and then leaving us in the same place. And that's what DE has been doing that during a whole year since the first time they told us that the umbra would come after some small delays that have been listed plenty of times before.

3 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Datamining? DE has openly recognized before to add some stuff to game data just to mislead dataminers, so the spoilers found might have been just a fake trail to hype players again.

And? Whether or not it was fake info that was seeded into the game is irrelevant, it doesn't mean you or anyone else should talk about it. Considering the fact that Rebecca asked those people in The War Within spoilers Reddit to be courteous and to not spoil it for everyone else, i'd say it's likely to be true info.

8 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

About what we know, all we have is an approximation to how the global Umbra will look and no idea of his tweaks when compared to any Excalibur out there nor the differences between Prime and Umbra passives (if the last one exists)

Read: "Barring any changes in development that we don't know of"

9 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I understand if they don't want to spoil the surprise, but surprises stop being amusing when you know they are there but you can't get them for whatever reason. I guess we all like getting birthday surprises, for example, but we'd all hate our family telling us to put a blindfold (or ro stay in a room, or whatever) while waiting for a surprise only to keep us waiting for hours, days or weeks without anything but "keep waiting, your surprise is coming so stop asking" and then leaving us in the same place. And that's what DE has been doing that during a whole year since the first time they told us that the umbra would come after some small delays that have been listed plenty of times before.

So you're basically saying "Since some people datamined and looked at the spoilers, DE should spoil it for everyone else because i want it now"? You're just going to have to wait for it to release and accept the fact that they don't want to give 100% of the info about it's debut. The tinfoil theories and pettiness of some players aren't going to make him come any faster.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

So you're basically saying "Since some people datamined and looked at the spoilers, DE should spoil it for everyone else because i want it now"? You're just going to have to wait for it to release and accept the fact that they don't want to give 100% of the info about it's debut. The tinfoil theories and pettiness of some players aren't going to make him come any faster.

No, I hate it when players misunderstand whatever somebody else is saying just to make grow the little green number on their profile and get the feel of a step forward in the e-peen scale.

I'm saying that at this point I don't believe that DE is actually working on Umbras, and I wouldn't believe it even if steve himself said that Umbra is coming next week or gave us another ETA or something.

We've already had alot of delays in the way:

-1 month Chinese exclusivity

-Second dream

-Too many releases, let's delay Umbra to make it special and not get buried.

-Well deserved break after TSD

-2 months guesstimate (amazingly with not even a single word in the last 6 months after it ended)

-The "we want it it to be a surprise, so stop asking" period we are currently, and which might finish with the war within, be extended for another indeterminated period of time or be replaced with something else.

Just to finish with a whe year of waiting. I wonder what will be the next excuse if Umbra is not included as part of tww.

As I said before, waiting for a whole year (or more) isn't fun, that's why you can see people relating umbra to anything, from specters keeping the rails; to ordis before being turned to a cephalon or whatever the devs show on devstreams. I'm not a believer, but at this point I feel like jesus is coming and we'll still have to wait for Umbra after he arrives.

[Puts tinfoil hat and wears it with pride]

Edited by -----LegioN-----

What if we loose the fight to teshin and the queens and they sever our somatic link (temporarily?) The lotus then tells us there might be another way to defeat them...Umbra.  And we start our journey through the blizzard which takes place outside the origin system to find this mysterious frame.  

4 minutes ago, (PS4)I420t said:

What if we loose the fight to teshin and the queens and they sever our somatic link (temporarily?) The lotus then tells us there might be another way to defeat them...Umbra.  And we start our journey through the blizzard which takes place outside the origin system to find this mysterious frame.  

this is dangerously close.. 

12 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, (PS4)I420t said:

42 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Epic m8. I cant w8. (But that seriously I awsome)

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

this is dangerously close.. 

4 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I hope you're right, and that those plans going to be seen "in the next cycle of months" turns up to be an expansion to the umbra system instead of meaning a bigger delay for it.

147741-weird-al-seems-a-little-crazy-1uc

9 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Clam down, you two, we're getting it and very soon!, they don't talk about it because of SPOILERS! , just wait until the end of July (in 2 weeks noless)

^ Yeah like I've said before. They don't wanna come out and say "Oh yeah he's in war within" lol. They gotta leave it a little ambiguous so that we're surprised. I don't think DE would be so mean as to show off Umbra in the quest and then just leave us hanging

11 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

^ Yeah like I've said before. They don't wanna come out and say "Oh yeah he's in war within" lol. They gotta leave it a little ambiguous so that we're surprised. I don't think DE would be so mean as to show off Umbra in the quest and then just leave us hanging

they havent shown it yet ....

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Well we could of just killed them by channeling void energy into our weapons and disintegrating them.

I just want them to get it out on console before everyone completely abandons the game. It feels like were already at a massive loss due to it just being in a dead mode pre two massive updates. Lunaro, while an ok new game mode, actually didn't offer enough content to warrant being its own update imo. They could have tacked it onto spectors and given us 2 updates instead of 3