Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

5 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Sigh.

Remember that thing a few pages back where I explained that I am deeply interested in what Excalibur Umbra means for the lore and setting? That I am fascinated by what new information might be carried in with it? That I do in fact think that it's a pretty neat Warframe?

I finished up that post by saying that I am interested in Umbra, I am just not hyped for Umbra, and that players who are super hyped seem to continually interpret the lack of hype as being actively against it.

Also, back at you? Dude. Please. Look back over the last few pages. I have been consistent in saying that forcing Excalibur Umbra on everyone in a way which takes up space in everyone's Orbiter, regardless of whether or not they are interested in it is a bad idea. I have been pretty consistent in advocating for options. 

I have never, ever said anything along the lines of "We just shouldn't get Umbra". I have made several posts about different ways which Umbra might be implemented.

MK Ultra, you seem to take it as a personal insult for it to be pointed out that not everyone is super hyped for Umbra. You seem to be unwilling to concede that not everyone is aboard the hype train, and that people should not be somehow forced aboard it. Take it easy, mate. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to ride the hype train. I'm saying that not everyone is aboard it, and that is ok.

Also, this thread is not the Umbra HYPE thread. It is the discussion and news thread.

I don't take it personally because I could care less, people think different things and there no changing that. BUT the things you say about me I could also say about you(the personally insulted bs). Though rereading your and my posts I don't know we're your getting this from my posts show little to no sign of this(mostly me being suspicious of your posts) and your posts can be quite uhh how do I put this...they don't give the message you say your trying to convey which some people have pointed out can sound like you don't want anything to do with Umbra along with the tone of your posts also makes it seem like this. though I haven't been hyped in a long time yet you say that not only am I hyped but try to force it into others. I don't enjoy being shoved into a group I'm not in thank you very much.

1 minute ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Yup lol , some people .

to each their own tenno 

back on topic .... > .>? 

one of my initial thoughts I still ponder is how we discern what warframes have the qualifications to be a "umbra" 

as of yet we do not know the process

but i was wondering if there could be some tell  we are not considering

two concepts initially 

- prime frames color (black and white) as excal p was white i was assuming white frames get umbra 

- the frames that are stalker acolytes 

ive also been seeing a new variation of the mystery message appear ...  so wondering if thats worth investigating?

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

to each their own tenno 

back on topic .... > .>? 

one of my initial thoughts I still ponder is how we discern what warframes have the qualifications to be a "umbra" 

as of yet we do not know the process

but i was wondering if there could be some tell  we are not considering

two concepts initially 

- prime frames color (black and white) as excal p was white i was assuming white frames get umbra 

- the frames that are stalker acolytes 

ive also been seeing a new variation of the mystery message appear ...  so wondering if thats worth investigating?

I am hoping for at least acolytes, maybe the vanilla frames that were available on release. Honestly just so I can get my malice fashion on.

But also I just wanted to mention what do you think about the fact that the operator was kinda forced on us. It would kind of been nice to keep the operator on the moon safe and sound honestly

The specters comment is burned in my Lore weird mind. 

"I guard this with my shadow life."

They have been using shadow a bit too frequent. We have NO  clue why Hunhow calls the Stalker Shadow, and tells him that he USED to be like the tenno (human?).

The specters are replicants of warframes. The question is how they are made, and if Umbra is a "perfected" technology that once again broke their precious Principles?

I would not put it past Ballas to try and it resulted in the few aware warframes like Stalker, their operators drank the Red Vial maby?

We shall see.

1 hour ago, Nashucus said:

But also I just wanted to mention what do you think about the fact that the operator was kinda forced on us. It would kind of been nice to keep the operator on the moon safe and sound honestly

The operator is actually an important part for the lore and thus we're all forced to get it at a moment in order to keep the history going, while Umbra could be compared to any other frames, not getting it won't affect the history line in the same way as we can go ahead and progress on both, game and history with no need of unlocking any of the other quest frames (Mirage, Limbo, Atlas, etc) unless their quest completion and building them is actually required to finish certain junctions (iirc, those tasks require only finishing quests, not building the whole frame... maybe just its parts)

I was going to write some more but I'm sleepy and I'm not sure of how many times I said the same with different (or not so different) words. Might fix comment SoonTM

1 hour ago, Nashucus said:

well the moon was falling out of the void which caused most of its structures to collapse and the corpus and grineer are fighting over it. if either one of those factions discover the operators, that's it, game over. they're much safer in our lisets imo.

23 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

well the moon was falling out of the void which caused most of its structures to collapse and the corpus and grineer are fighting over it. if either one of those factions discover the operators, that's it, game over. they're much safer in our lisets imo.

so maybe the war within will be as important

1 minute ago, Nashucus said:

so maybe the war within will be as important

well it will have to be. i mean the second dream set a bar for them. if they go for anything less people will be disappointed. i'm kind of dreading that actually, considering its been half a year since the last major update, that means these quests are going to take such a long time to develop.

If I was DE I would have hired a pair of writers and directors entirely in charge of planning,  writing and setting up the future content for at least a year. I sincerely wish that has allready happened.

This way the next update is allready in pre-production when U19 nears completion.

We have not had that before,  because the backstory was never set in stone. Now the pieces are set and all energy can be used to move forward.

And I believe Steve when he says their greatest work is to come.

8 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I don't take it personally because I could care less, people think different things and there no changing that. BUT the things you say about me I could also say about you(the personally insulted bs). Though rereading your and my posts I don't know we're your getting this from my posts show little to no sign of this(mostly me being suspicious of your posts) and your posts can be quite uhh how do I put this...they don't give the message you say your trying to convey which some people have pointed out can sound like you don't want anything to do with Umbra along with the tone of your posts also makes it seem like this. though I haven't been hyped in a long time yet you say that not only am I hyped but try to force it into others. I don't enjoy being shoved into a group I'm not in thank you very much.

Sigh again.

Not against Umbra. In fact, quite interested in Umbra! Fascinated by the idea that it might be implemented in a very different way to other Warframes. Just very deeply suspicious of 'hype'. Also very doubtful that Umbra is going to be installed into everyone's account as a separate, second player character equal to the Operator, as that would undermine the entire point of Second Dream.

For someone who doesn't care, you do a lot of caring. Let it go, mate. 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

The specters comment is burned in my Lore weird mind. 

"I guard this with my shadow life."

They have been using shadow a bit too frequent. We have NO  clue why Hunhow calls the Stalker Shadow, and tells him that he USED to be like the tenno (human?).

The specters are replicants of warframes. The question is how they are made, and if Umbra is a "perfected" technology that once again broke their precious Principles?

I would not put it past Ballas to try and it resulted in the few aware warframes like Stalker, their operators drank the Red Vial maby?

We shall see.

Putting that in combination with what we now know about how Cephalons are made, it has some interesting implications about Orokin attitudes to AI, and how they circumvented that.

True AI would go against Orokin Principles, but apparently a slaved human mind wouldn't? I'm still a little unsure of that, and I wonder if perhaps it's a growth limitation i.e. a true AI can upgrade itself and become exponentially more powerful, but a slaved human mind á la Ordan Karris can't?

In any case, if Umbra is a 'frame with the mind of a dead Operator, it becomes....interesting.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I just realised there is one more reference to shadow.

On the moon, infested void shadows appeared, attacking the warframe.

Actually Stalker has lived in "that dark place", another shadow reference planted years ago? 

55 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Putting that in combination with what we now know about how Cephalons are made, it has some interesting implications about Orokin attitudes to AI, and how they circumvented that.

Reveal hidden contents

True AI would go against Orokin Principles, but apparently a slaved human mind wouldn't? I'm still a little unsure of that, and I wonder if perhaps it's a growth limitation i.e. a true AI can upgrade itself and become exponentially more powerful, but a slaved human mind á la Ordan Karris can't?

In any case, if Umbra is a 'frame with the mind of a dead Operator, it becomes....interesting.

You know, Darvo told us they have inhibiters on all robots for control. 

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thats what Im currently thinking an Umbra is....very sad.