The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

That 6% is starting to keep me up at night now.

And if this happens and if there is no gold on him  I also can be very disappointed.
Or maybe it just paints him in a different color such as red or blue but the material would be similar to the metal
so that when he painted in yellow (orange)that looks still like gold...
That it is somehow separate umbra from the prime version. :)

Excalibur Umbra Prime is EXCLUSIVE to china.

BUT

We will get excalibur Umbra which is Excalibur Umbra prime with PRIME in its name

Essentially the Chinese founders couldn't get excal prime so they took umbra added prime to its name and called it umbra prime

So our Umbra will look nearly exactly like umbra prime

It will have GOLD JUST LIKE UMBRA PRIME

It will likely not have the weird arm things and chin piece but everything else will be the same.

It is pretty much Umbra Prime

Any questions?

Um you are speculating that he will not having the arm things or even the chin. Even the Stalker has the elbows that Excal Umbra has so what you are saying is wrong.

From what I understand Umbra and Umbra Prime are the same exact thing just minus the word prime because DE can't call him prime or the founders will be all mad and stuff.

Well it's appropriate that nobody can get Excal Prime anymore, but I don't see why that should extend to other versions of Excalibur. 

I'm sick of using standard Excal it makes me look like a pleb. 

Founders are always going to have sole access to Excalibur Prime (and the weapons lets nor forget that) but I think we need better versions of him, especially after his rebalance. 

Um yeah, I have one.

I know they've said that the two Warframes will be pretty much identical, but where did you get these oddly specific details?

Look at the stalkers umbra model.

Well it's appropriate that nobody can get Excal Prime anymore, but I don't see why that should extend to other versions of Excalibur. 

I'm sick of using standard Excal it makes me look like a pleb. 

Founders are always going to have sole access to Excalibur Prime (and the weapons lets nor forget that) but I think we need better versions of him, especially after his rebalance.

From what Ive heard we...actually can get excal prime through the prime vaults but....we probably wont.

That's complete speculation, don't misinform people.

Was this thread even necessary? You're not clarifying anything, you're just speculating like the other 99% of the Umbra discussions out there.

Look at shadow stalker....

Can we get someone to block you from making Umbra threads? This is getting obnoxious.

You can try :)

From what Ive heard we...actually can get excal prime through the prime vaults but....we probably wont.

This is not true and makes clear you're just basing your bilion topics on wild speculations without sources.

At the very least leave Excalibur Prime out of this, there's no need to start flames and trolling, which I'm starting to suppose you're doing intentionally.

Um yeah, I have one.

I know they've said that the two Warframes will be pretty much identical, but where did you get these oddly specific details?

Ive looked at the differences at shadow stalker and umbra. Shadow stalker doesn't have the weird arm things and the arm things look to be Chinese in origin much like the chinpeace. Therefore it is likely that(Even though we havent seen umbras helmet)he will not have the chinpeace or the arm pieces.

This is not true and makes clear you're just basing your bilion topics on wild speculations without sources.

At the very least leave Excalibur Prime out of this, there's no need to start flames and trolling, which I'm starting to suppose you're doing intentionally.

My baseless speculation has proven correct in the past (Umbra being related to stalker/ us getting umbra) also yes...lets avoid the flames, we don't need another locked thread/

My friend every time someone mentions something you don't like you don't have to respond with aggression and baseless arguments. You could just say" Yeah that will probably never happen...ever."

Look at the stalkers umbra model.

I don't see DE ever releasing Excal Prime to the general population, nor should they, he's a special reward just for Founders, and it should stay that way.

However different versions of Excalibur don't fall under that same definition. 

I don't see DE ever releasing Excal Prime to the general population, nor should they, he's a special reward just for Founders, and it should stay that way.

Yeah it will probably never happen...but from what I understand it could...but monkeys COULD also jump you right now and steal your computer aswell.

I feel like I'm going to soon receive some hateful comments....

It's unclear if he will have them or not. Might be optional armor pieces like some prime frames.

Stalker has them in this picture but they are changed to red.

zAYEexc.jpg

Yes, but he doesnt have them ingame nor in the quest. To be honest I think they just sumbitted this quickly and left them on there by accident. But there is a chance that he will have them its...just not very likely.

I don't think his intention is to imply it will happen, he's merely stating that the possibility is out there, however unlikely. the whole concepts of umbras alone is testament to the likelihood of it occurring.

No one going to mention how the Zenurik path has a skill called Umbral Lance that deals Umbral damage that completely ignores certain resistances?

My money is on that Umbral power being the new name for the void power that the Tenno operators wield which is supposedly super effective against Sentinels according to the lore. Basically what you were firing when you were out of the pod during the second dream.

Good gods I hope not.  There's enough ridiculous abuse of astronomy in this game as is.  The dark side of the moon is like the dark side of the earth - it only stays dark for a little while, then it's dawn.

The dark side of the moon is only dark relative to someone standing on earth, from space you can see the dark side of the moon and it's not dark because it gets sunlight.

However there is concept art flying around ( http://i.imgur.com/bqbqqmB.png ) of the side that is opposite to the side we see from the orbiter. With a massive orokin citadel inside the hollowed out moon.

i.imgur.com/IMEvU6T.jpg

NO...no he doesn't. Think before you type.

Look at shadow stalker....

Yes, but he doesnt have them ingame nor in the quest. To be honest I think they just sumbitted this quickly and left them on there by accident. But there is a chance that he will have them its...just not very likely.

Shadow Stalker and Umbra are two different things.

If you wish to believe the global Umbra will have less cosmetic distinction compared to Shadow Stalker only because the latter is a watered down former cosmetically, and you have absolutely no other reason to believe so, go right ahead.

But please, don't spread misinformation across the playerbase which will likely cause a panic. You're doing more harm than good when trying to provide information on Umbra because there is no information on Umbra, so anything you say is pure speculation.

Edited by LazerSkink

My friend every time someone mentions something you don't like you don't have to respond with aggression and baseless arguments. You could just say" Yeah that will probably never happen...ever."

Luckily, you are talking to someone who almost never uses aggressions or rage when typing; check my reputation in the profile and my posts, if there's one here making baseless arguments, I'm sorry, but it's definitely you.

Claiming something totally wrong and unreasonable in a thread where you also claim to clarify something is the best way to spread confusion, flame and to get people arguing over each other; maybe the fault is mine, but yes, I do really hate that behaviour and it's just toxic for the community, especially on such a delicate matter where one wrong word could cause a s**t storm based on nothing.

When you say something like "Excalibur Prime could be released again..................but probably it won't", you're just doing the safe assumption it won't to save yourself, while you 100% know this will cause confusion and misinformation.

Seriously, look at the answers you got, many are so tired of speculating over nothing or to get mad trying to find a source for claims you do without providing any solid info.

You noticed a similarity between Shadow Stalker and Umbra? Well, sorry to say that, but you're damn late to the party; look at the first post of this thread, don't you think that's a proper way to share the(poor) info we have on the matter, rather than claiming false things or unreasonable ones?

Also, if I wanted to share a theory, or speculate, or say something that it's only remotely possible no one could prevent me to, but I wouldn't for sure present such things like "clarification"; are you really just talking about possibilities? Then why your thread was looking like a PSA?

What drove me mad on your Excalibur Prime statement was not the possibility itself, that I actually would welcome, it was the tentative to provoke a reaction by someone, just for flame's sake.

How can you say that you're trying to clarify and help by spreading false news, absurd possibilities and such??

Like if I opened a thread saying "Hey, you know, I heard DE could take all the plat you have, erase them from your account and call it a bug, because Beta................but it probably would never happen". 

What's the point of such a claim if not hoping that someone will really consider the possibility and a dangerous discussion will raise from it?

C'mon, let's stick to the facts, the OP is all we need to know about Umbra and most important all we actually know so far.

EDIT: if it's not clear yet, read Lazer's post just above.

Edited by siralextraffo