Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

Woah, not sure how we managed to reach 108 pages without any concrete info about anything on the matter; and we were even able to keep the Founder's issue out of here most of the times, mainly thanks to EternalDrkMako self moderation.

It's impressive, sort of. Sad, but impressive!

What founder issue? This whole thread has literally nothing to do with founders.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

What founder issue? This whole thread has literally nothing to do with founders.

When Umbra Excal came to light this what the Founder's reaction was:

hqdefault.jpg

"U wot m8, There's only one Excal Prime and is me!"

As of today it simmered down and thankfully folks are pretty open minded on the idea.

Edited by Fionntan

3 hours ago, Fionntan said:

When Umbra Excal came to light this what the Founder's reaction was:

Reveal hidden contents

hqdefault.jpg

"U wot m8, There's only one Excal Prime and is me!"

As of today it simmered down and thankfully folks are pretty open minded on the idea.

You mean the 0.1% of Founders who actually got salty over hearing Excalibur Umbra was going to be released to the public? I encountered two on a thread waaaaaaaay back in 2015. Trying to show off his Excal Prime on purpose and when people actually said Umbra looks better, him and a Founder friend went crazy with salt. I'm glad the vast majority of Founders didn't react like that when he came out.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

You mean the 0.1% of Founders who actually got salty over hearing Excalibur Umbra was going to be released to the public? I encountered two on a thread waaaaaaaay back in 2015. Trying to show off his Excal Prime on purpose and when people actually said Umbra looks better, him and a Founder friend went crazy with salt. I'm glad the vast majority of Founders didn't react like that when he came out.

at first it generates anger (lie)
then I said to myself ....
I want that Warframe, when it comes out?

XD

3 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Us: Hey DE, what are you doing with that sweet looking Excalibur Umbra thing we been looking forward to for the last few months?

DE: Well, were gonna stick him in this way distant project we haven't even started yet, were not gonna say anything about what it is, avoid the topic for months, and then never reveal an actual date or any details about what were actually doing. You're just gonna have to wait for an indefinite amount of time while we talk about other stuff.

Us: -_- thanks DE

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Us: Hey DE, what are you doing with that sweet looking Excalibur Umbra thing we been looking forward to for the last few months?

DE: Well, were gonna stick him in this way distant project we haven't even started yet, were not gonna say anything about what it is, avoid the topic for months, and then never reveal an actual date or any details about what were actually doing. You're just gonna have to wait for an indefinite amount of time while we talk about other stuff.

Us: -_- thanks DE

Players who want Umbra: Hey DE, what are you doing with that sweet looking Excalibur Umbra thing we been looking forward to for the last few months?

DE: We plan to add lore up to Second dream levels, so we're keeping the info to a minimum and add much more to Umbra so it feels unique and not just another frame. This is our decision and our choice to flesh out Umbras.

Players who want Umbra: Hmmm, we didn't hear any of that, but can you give us Umbra?

Edited by KJRenz

6 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Players who want Umbra: Hey DE, what are you doing with that sweet looking Excalibur Umbra thing we been looking forward to for the last few months?

DE: We plan to add lore up to Second dream levels, so we're keeping the info to a minimum and add much more to Umbra so it feels unique and not just another frame. This is our decision and our choice to flesh out Umbras.

Players who want Umbra: Hmmm, we didn't hear any of that, but can you give us Umbra?

This is what a reasonable response looks like.

8 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

DE: We plan to add lore up to Second dream levels, so we're keeping the info to a minimum and add much more to Umbra so it feels unique and not just another frame. This is our decision and our choice to flesh out Umbras.  and add new umbra mechanics/passive, and their own system  

fixed :D 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I like how people in the forums are the only ones I've ever met that care about lore. Lore this, lore that. I go and ask any player in game if they care about that and they're like "nah I just hope they do more cool weapons and frames".

Update 18 was the biggest thing Warframe ever did. Ever. That's not me saying so, that's the devs themselves. They were concerned that they might not ever pull that kind of amazing game changer again.

Update 18 was all about the lore.

20 hours ago, TheBright888 said:

What if Umbra Frames are like the Jedi of Warframe and what if Vor is actually our Father? Who had twins with Lotu's Mom and Lotus is actually our sister... and Clem is our Uncle. Why has noone thought of this before.

Why dont people think. Its so obvious.

Wake up Sheeple!  Vor even starts with the same letter a vader!

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Update 18 was the biggest thing Warframe ever did. Ever. That's not me saying so, that's the devs themselves. They were concerned that they might not ever pull that kind of amazing game changer again.

19 should be huge as well as it fixes a lot of problems the game has had for ..well a long time 

18 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If you were on ps4 if was a big fu to all us. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Tubemen of regor event we chose to kill off alad v. Nef anryo won. Second dream his monkey but is alive. 

PC: Sided with Alad.

XBox: Sided with Alad.

PS4: Sided with Nef.

DE needed to decide on one cohesive canon to move forward with for the sake of future quests and events, and majority took it. For the record, I sided with Nef personally, but I'm ok with this outcome.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Tubemen of regor event we chose to kill off alad v. Nef anryo won. Second dream his monkey but is alive. 

You never actually killed Alad V, you just prevented him from finding a cure through Tyl Regor's research. Yes, he is cured now (which is fine, he can figure out his own cure), which would STILL be canonical in Second Dream, but do you really want Nef Anyo Calculoning it throughout the Second Dream, or any mission for that fact? yeah it would be hilarious at first, but thatd get old real fast

I dont see how there is any canon issue at all.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

PC: Sided with Alad.

XBox: Sided with Alad.

PS4: Sided with Nef.

DE needed to decide on one cohesive canon to move forward with for the sake of future quests and events, and majority took it. For the record, I sided with Nef personally, but I'm ok with this outcome.

ah o.o i think i was on vacation  ....