Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Some people(like me) speculate that umbra maybe connected to why our frame moved without operators control in last scene of second dream quest, and the mentioned out of control frame in lore that started eating bodies or something, also possibly to what stalker is exactly since in second dream it was said that stalker was like us before, possibly implying that he had operator but doesnt have anymore.

3 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Some people(like me) speculate that umbra maybe connected to why our frame moved without operators control in last scene of second dream quest, and the mentioned out of control frame in lore that started eating bodies or something, also possibly to what stalker is exactly since in second dream it was said that stalker was like us before, possibly implying that he had operator but doesnt have anymore.

the out of control frame was rhino.

edit: if the china frame is anything to base global off of, umbra has the same armor as prime (150) and more energy max (150) it's essentially a better prime in both stats, and cosmetic design.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

9 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

the out of control frame was rhino.

edit: if the china frame is anything to base global off of, umbra has the same armor as prime (150) and more energy max (150) it's essentially a better prime in both stats, and cosmetic design.

I dont think founders would forgive DE if umbra was better then excalibur prime.

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

to which we would then be called elitist, entitled, P2W, etc. if we asked for an equivalent buff.

I think asking for an equivalent buff wouldnt constitute those things, since umbra will be available to everyone :/

Edit: I'll be more interested in knowing whether it will actually be a framr or a skin. Though my speculation would be its pushing to be a frame more than a skin atm.

Edited by 321agemo

6 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

I think asking for an equivalent buff wouldnt constitute those things, since umbra will be available to everyone :/

Edit: I'll be more interested in knowing whether it will actually be a framr or a skin. Though my speculation would be its pushing to be a frame more than a skin atm.

You'd be surprised, the amount of founder hate when umbra first came out was immense. if prime got buffed even to the same stats umbra has, then those people would in fact start crying P2W. you are greatly underestimating these people

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

You'd be surprised, the amount of founder hate when umbra first came out was immense. if prime got buffed even to the same stats umbra has, then those people would in fact start crying P2W. you are greatly underestimating these people

Oh i remember that well. That scarf also created a lot of stirr. There was also a fear that the international build wasn't getting umbra, which was probably the main cause of the hysteria.

Probably didnt help that Chinaframe called it excalibur umbra prime, while the international build was getting excalibur umbra.

51 minutes ago, Culaio said:

I dont think founders would forgive DE if umbra was better then excalibur prime.

Don't know why they should not be. Founders paied for exca prime, they got it. There is no rule who says De can't do a better version of him. 

5 hours ago, LordCloud00 said:

Don't know why they should not be. Founders paied for exca prime, they got it. There is no rule who says De can't do a better version of him. 

While that is true, depending in the person, it could be considered a giant middle finger. "have an exclusive frame that's barely better than the vanilla both in stats and appearance? Here is a new frame that's better than yours, looks better than yours, and is more important than yours"

I personally don't see it that way, but there are those who do.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

While that is true, depending in the person, it could be considered a giant middle finger. "have an exclusive frame that's barely better than the vanilla both in stats and appearance? Here is a new frame that's better than yours, looks better than yours, and is more important than yours"

I personally don't see it that way, but there are those who do.

It's no De or our problem. When Founders bought the package , they bought a Frame and his exclusivity , nothing more nothing less. At early times some people spent real money converted in pl to buy vanilla frames  but prime variants were introduced and they were better than vanilla. According to your "middle finger" opinion, they should have nerfed the primes variants to the vanilla level... but then in what should have been their purpose?  So Lord, that is not against you, but to who follow your "middle finger" idea... DE should nerf a new kind of frame to all the community in the purpose of not outshine founders special snowflake puppet? Quite spoiled thought , isn't it? 

10 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Wait, if Umbra gets Chinese stats and Prime gets a buff to match Umbra, then the only difference would be their appearance. How could this be considered P2W if everyone has a chance to get an upgraded Excal?

5 hours ago, LordCloud00 said:

It's no De or our problem. When Founders bought the package , they bought a Frame and his exclusivity , nothing more nothing less. At early times some people spent real money converted in pl to buy vanilla frames  but prime variants were introduced and they were better than vanilla. According to your "middle finger" opinion, they should have nerfed the primes variants to the vanilla level... but then in what should have been their purpose?  So Lord, that is not against you, but to who follow your "middle finger" idea... DE should nerf a new kind of frame to all the community in the purpose of not outshine founders special snowflake puppet? Quite spoiled thought , isn't it? 

No. Founders paid for Excal prime. PRIME. not "excal useless reskin" when primes first came out, they were nothing but cosmetic differences, but the definition of prime has changed. so yes excal prime is a prime and deserves to get the proper treatment. however umbra is extending past excal prime. it's supposed to be a series. all those prime frames you grinded and forma'd now mean nothing when there will be a redundant 3rd tier that has no need to be in the game. So yes it's kind of a middle finger to everyone to just throw out umbras. why bother forma'ing a prime when there will just be an umbra?

Edited by LordOfScrugging

4 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

No. Founders paid for Excal prime. PRIME. not "excal useless reskin" when primes first came out, they were nothing but cosmetic differences, but the definition of prime has changed. so yes excal prime is a prime and deserves to get the proper treatment. however umbra is extending past excal prime. it's supposed to be a series. all those prime frames you grinded and forma'd now mean nothing when there will be a redundant 3rd tier that has no need to be in the game. So yes it's kind of a middle finger to everyone to just throw out umbras. why bother forma'ing a prime when there will just be an umbra?

4 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

who said that umbras were gonna be better than primes? I don't remember anyone saying this. From what I understand they're supposed to be about equal but with different passives. I can understand the point of redundance for any other Umbra, but I for one look at Excal Umbra as the replacement for the prime well never get, the stand in for the latecomers to the game that love excal and want an improvement over the vanilla with some gold bits and stuff. To us, he IS our Excal Prime. If they're equal, then alls fair.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

On 5/18/2016 at 7:40 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

What if Umbras haev a truly symbiotic relationship. Like the warframes mind and the tennos mind talking to eachother?

On 5/18/2016 at 7:44 PM, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Tenno : Hoi

Umbra :U WOT MATE

On 5/18/2016 at 7:59 PM, LogaMC1995 said:

Tenno : Use EB

Umbra : NOPE. GONNA SPAM RJ !!!

That reminds me of RvB where freelancers would talk to their AI, or Church/Epsilon and Carolina talking to each other.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I wonder if Excalibur Umbra will be affected by "The Meh-ening" (the frame nerfs that have been happening lately, turning great frames into meh ones).

Logic says he is going to have the same exact tweaks to his abilities that Excalibur received.

Also, if standing in one corner blinding the map to AFK or spamming E behind a wall isn't "meh" to you, then you might be playing the wrong game.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Logic says he is going to have the same exact tweaks to his abilities that Excalibur received.

Also, if standing in one corner blinding the map to AFK or spamming E behind a wall isn't "meh" to you, then you might be playing the wrong game.

I don't know, all I know is that alotta people liked the way the frames were before, and that there's a massive contrast between the opinions of the people I actually see on game and on Youtube and the forum people.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I don't know, all I know is that alotta people liked the way the frames were before

This is to be expected, it allowed for them to easily trivialize the game with the least effort possible and be rewarded for it.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

and that there's a massive contrast between the opinions of the people I actually see on game and on Youtube and the forum people.

Also to be expected. I've talked to people that were really glad DE finally 'nerfed' those frames and some that are bitter about it.

I'm glad because it's a sign and first step for better changes/additions down the road.