The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

the idea has some good points, but overall it will not be viable or really on topic with umbra

I came up with a stalker type frame idea ages ago - https://docs.google.com/document/d/19tAhT_Z_JkVUTHugFVpcBRxXE-tLm4DFzt0tVYMI6bw/edit I even sent the idea to DE. Never got a reply.

thats a good point, if we saw a nikana draw for global builds umbra would be very interesting strike mechanics, but umbra was released with a nikana prime so it has merits 

The one thing I'm pondering is what his Exalted Blade model will be. In the gameplay we had it was a Skana Prime. Will ours have a Nikana maybe?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

But, this is taking TOO LONG, I'm holding out on leveling my Excal, or buying any new skins or such, until Umbra is out, I do like the Proto-Skin, but its colors are hard to do, and you can't even color the one part. Tho I have to admit the new Helmets look wonderful.

Well I mean Umbra will most likely let you use any previously released Excal cosmetics like the primes do and you should really max excal for the mastery anyways.

Whyyyyy???!!!! the primes are the reason i dropped my non-prime versions! I dun wanna lose all original frames! X((((

So, this sort of thing is the reason I'm kinda wondering why people are sorta losing their marbles a little bit over Umbra 'frames.

"They're gonna be a massive upgrade!"

Why?

"What if they have Sentient damage resistances!"

Why?

"They're gonna make Primes obsolete!"

Why?

I am actually curious, because I already asked and never really got an answer:

There appears to be a somewhat unreasonable level of hype over the idea of Umbra 'frames. Why, and where did all these ideas come from?

There, I'm mostly done being the "Stop having fun" guy for the moment. Just.....very curious.

Well, for starters........only if Umbra 'frames are specifically Umbra because they're made by the Sentients. Otherwise, Stalker has Sentient damage resistance not because of the Umbra Stalker 'frame, but because of the armour given to him by Hunhow. He never had the extra damage resistance until Hunhow upgraded him with the Pakal armour and War.

I'm still asking, by the way.

Why are people really, really hyped up about Umbra 'frames, and where did the idea that Umbra 'frames are going to be game-breakingly powerful come from?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Well, for starters........only if Umbra 'frames are specifically Umbra because they're made by the Sentients. Otherwise, Stalker has Sentient damage resistance not because of the Umbra Stalker 'frame, but because of the armour given to him by Hunhow.

Why are people really, really hyped up about Umbra 'frames, and where did the idea that Umbra 'frames are going to be game-breakingly powerful come from?

Yeah true because your right the armor gives him the powers. People just want a version of Excalibur that's why it's hyped.

I don't know where that idea came from but the Umbra Excalibur hype is real because it's a Prime-esque excal variant available to everyone. 

Seems odd that people still lean towards it being sentient related.  AFAIK, the only ingame mention of Umbra at all is in focus, specifically Zenurik's "Umbra Lance" upgrade

Actually there was one other referance I think...

When you are doing the "security eye" dance to have the pillars destroyed during the second dream mission.

For each pillar you destroyed black flames started spreading around the area which dealt seriously nasty damage. But we also noticed they had a secondary effect. Once your Kubrow or Sentinel was touched by the black flames, it would turn against you and you had to destroy it.

I first noticed it when my partners Kubrow turned dark and started attacking us and when it went down we couldn't resurrect it. This stuck in my head though, as rather hilariously my dark helios spent the rest of the mission trying to kill me.

I think this was the first in game hint to what Umbral might be.

How about Warframe Assassin faction.

To be honest the Karryst gives us the lore that their are train assasins group in the tenno community yet their is no school that relates to assassination.

Sure their is strategy school but that relates to combat strategy.

So Umbra Warframe Excalibur is just an Assasin oriented warframe/While normal Excalibur is the normal warrame issued to all tenno/Prime Excalibur is the Warframe issue to elite tenno...

You got look at it as f your leader

You have your foot soliders

You have your elite

and then you got your assasins Who are the same level as your elite but not in the same area of skills.

DE did mention Umbra meaning dark or shadow I forget are suppose to be the warframe in the darker side.Meaning they are the real ninjas who are cold...If more lore is needed you can say they could actually be the one that murder the day of recognition as stated in the codex of stalker.

We all do assume it must have been the Prime that caused the murder but it could have always been the Umbra they both have gold in like appearance.

Let not over explode this is just Diff color warframe with excel stats while the lore is likely to give us actually more information about the past just like excal prime provides

Edited by Leavith

Actually there was one other referance I think...

When you are doing the "security eye" dance to have the pillars destroyed during the second dream mission.

For each pillar you destroyed black flames started spreading around the area which dealt seriously nasty damage. But we also noticed they had a secondary effect. Once your Kubrow or Sentinel was touched by the black flames, it would turn against you and you had to destroy it.

I first noticed it when my partners Kubrow turned dark and started attacking us and when it went down we couldn't resurrect it. This stuck in my head though, as rather hilariously my dark helios spent the rest of the mission trying to kill me.

I think this was the first in game hint to what Umbral might be.

this is a very interesting point

maybe its more like radiation in that it allows friendly units to turn on each other 

@Ninja_reaper_916

Well you might be mistaken on the assumption ou make being just suits.

The are status symbols for those that look at the suits

Taking DE and just using information the game provides we understand that Prime are better then the normal warframe.

We also understand that while we make the Warframe someone had to design and create the blueprint for us Tenno.

In addition if the person who makes a Warframe wishes to recognize or has favoritism for certain tenno Making a Warframe that reflect the status of the Tenno individual would be an apparent reward.

Oh you serve the Orokin Well with your Excalibur warframe and you have succeeded in many mission as a reward we will give you a prime version something that shows how well you done and how hard you work.Something that will serve you well and will provide you with better ways to prepare for battle as well as keeping you alive better.

A recognition.

A symbol of status

A sign of favoritism

This could be all the reason....

Consider the Limbo Warframe 

The Warframe has the power to access the rift.

Do you think the Warframe was just made and had this power

Or that someone after understanding this power made this warframe to be able to control this power.

The quest Ordis says that Limbo is a Genius Magician of Physics but we clearly know that Limbo is not the real mind but the warframe and that the tenno is the real genius.

Edited by Leavith