Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

given we don't know anything of how umbra will be handled. it very well might be prime+ (basically the prime that excal prime SHOULD have been) 

With that said. when umbra comes out, prime should be buffed to equal it so it would be a matter of choice for those who have prime and for those who don't, know they are on equal playing field.

there was rationalization that umbras are sort of V2 of prime, prime 2.0 as it were

rationalization is like how some primes eem fashiod randomly with oro

Spoiler

Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes

reading that they are a dark side to prime has me thinking they are at least on the same tier just..darker in some shape or form 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

^ And then ? by your logic, exca prime is not a exca ? ( or maybe exca prime is not a warfame ) because we can't have a chance to get it.

I maybe ok with umbra is dark, but what is umbra prime ? I already know it exclusive, but if umbra is dark, so what is umbra prime. please explain.

You can't hide the truth is exca umpra brime is an upgrade version of exca umbra.

I think your missing some backstory so let me flashback a bit

Excal Prime is in fact a prime variant and is part of the existing PC variation in global build (not ps4 or xb1) it is an exclusive Prime variation to Excalibur for our honorable founders, the reason our game even exists 

Spoiler

Excalibur Prime is the primed variant of the Excalibur Warframe featuring more powerful stats: possessing higher armor, as well as an additional Madurai Pol and a Madurai Pol Aura slot, rather than a slot without a polarity.

Excalibur Prime is a Founders-exclusive Warframe.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.
We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

Umbra Excal Prime Predates the very IDEA of Umbra warframes and Umbra Excalibur and was released as Umbra Excalibur Prime as the chinese variation of Excalibur Prime founders package, as Excalibur prime is exclusive to global build founders

Many users found out about this new excal prime variant and the forums were bathed in salt......

DE then announced its plans

DE wanted to make Excal Umbra Special and stated they would then be creating a new line of warframes called umbras

Excalibur Umbra Prime is what our Excal Umbra variant is derived from.

and i paraphrase emptydevil that chinaframe and warframe are not perfect mirrors, they should be viewed as separate games 

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

Excalibur Umbra Prime is exclusive to the founders pack in China, I highly doubt we will ever see it outside of images.

We are getting, at some point, Excalibur Umbra.

Would be interesting to see stats boosted differently to make it slightly different to play but I highly doubt DE are going to make Umbra the *best* Excalibur frame, more likely its going to be a sidegrade to Prime, or the Prime buffed up to the same level as Umbra.

all the evidence points to umbra and umbra prime being the same thing so what's the stink? I believe all they changed was the name and pbr or whatever.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

We've retreaded the same topics like 50 times. We really jumped the shark. This thread is nothing but crapposts now.

I felt like I had a thought provoking post but got nuthin.  Ill try again :)

Someone else posted their theory about Umbra being like an alternative or building upon the current focus system.  Or even a super saiyan-esque power up.  Now I don't think that this will be a power up ability like focus.  I think (more hoping than thinking) that you can turn any frame into an umbra frame through this new "mechanic" or system that DEsteve alluded to.  My reasoning is that I really don't think that DE wants to create an umbra model for EVERY warframe (starting with excal), while they have net new frames in development, prime variants, deluxe skins, etc.  I just don't know if they'd have the bandwidth to design another full line of frames.  That being said, my theory is probably NOT plausible because this would mean that DE would have to add visual tweaks for EACH warframe to match the umbra aesthetic already shown for Excalibur.  So I don't freakin know hah

Just think about how bad this will get when Umbras finally get introduced. The forums will burn and I don't think DE has stocked up on enough fire repellent. It'll probably run low after the next big quest too.

Edited by Plushy
sneaky w sneaking in all sneaky like.

8 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

excalbur umbra got me thinking. What if umbra was meant to bo a console exclusive frame. Seing how every version of warframe(china and pc) has an exclusive frame other than console. Maybe DE is scared of putting it out because of potential backlash.

they'd have to be complete idiots to make umbra a console exclusive, doing that would basically kill off a large portion of the PC player base

22 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

they'd have to be complete idiots to make umbra a console exclusive, doing that would basically kill off a large portion of the PC player base

umbra(s) are for both pc and consoles

partially my own annoyance is we of console did not get a founders variation, instead we get these...gimmicky cosmetics ..

umbra excal is to be a direct upgrade to our standard excal on all platforms without treading on founders exclusivity 

53 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You mean 'really cool and genuinely interesting', right?

i should just had you the gas can now .....shouldnt i? 

Spoiler

jesse-gasoline-breaking-bad.gif

38 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

no, and yeah I realized that there are like 5 quote boxes its a glitch cause I'm posting with my phone.

yea i understand were you are comming from 

i hope they bring it to us in a cool way without massive tease or a grueling grind ....

5 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Looks like Lunaro armor set "Rix" and the conclave Syandana added months ago. No Umbra. 

watch the conclave black dude master,he have new syandana! :smile:   

Edited by Vlada91

34 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra(s) are for both pc and consoles

partially my own annoyance is we of console did not get a founders variation, instead we get these...gimmicky cosmetics

Supporters across all platforms get nothing but gimmicky cosmetics, everything else can be farmed or obtained through trading

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

Supporters across all platforms get nothing but gimmicky cosmetics, everything else can be farmed or obtained through trading.

Looks like celestia, I'm gonna have a better look after going back home

i was referring to the console specific cosmetics (jade and sapphire  ) variations 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i think vlada is referring to teshins new cape syandana? 

Oh. Didn't see it, and wouldn't have known the difference if I did. Also on my phone screen it's just a dark blob. Low brightness setting. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i was referring to the console specific cosmetics (jade and sapphire  ) variations 

I know, the point is that there's no actual benefit for supporting the game other than gimmicky cosmetics (prime access accessories, renown and prestige packs) plus 1000 additional standing points and an extractor to deploy, which is capped regardless of how many packs you get (might stack with founders pack for double bonus, but I have no idea how this nor console packs work)

On the other side, and replying to the comment saying that maybe umbra was meant to be a console exclusive (i know it wasn't yours) doing that would be simply screwing every pc player who didn't get a founder pack because of any reason (not being there, bad economy situation that might have changed in the last 3 years, no credit card, etc. etc.)

@Vlada91 (my phone won't tag) looks like teshin is getting more items that might be unavailable for us to use/wear (give dual nikanas DE ;-;) and being honest, umbra syandana looks way better than teshin's one, so hopefully it's not a teaser of any kind to our umbra looks

pGoIZUH.png

8 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I know, the point is that there's no actual benefit for supporting the game other than gimmicky cosmetics (prime access accessories, renown and prestige packs) plus 1000 additional standing points and an extractor to deploy, which is capped regardless of how many packs you get (might stack with founders pack for double bonus, but I have no idea how this nor console packs work)

On the other side, and replying to the comment saying that maybe umbra was meant to be a console exclusive (i know it wasn't yours) doing that would be simply screwing every pc player who didn't get a founder pack because of any reason (not being there, bad economy situation that might have changed in the last 3 years, no credit card, etc. etc.)

@Vlada91 (my phone won't tag) looks like teshin is getting more items that might be unavailable for us to use/wear (give dual nikanas DE ;-;) and being honest, umbra syandana looks way better than teshin's one, so hopefully it's not a teaser of any kind to our umbra looks

pGoIZUH.png

maybe maybe not :smile: we will see in in new big update... :cool:  but you can see that there he has in between his legs also...

W6mS7c9.jpg?1

Edited by Vlada91