Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I play nearly every day with skana prime .. just for fun .. I dont know what you are calling "outclassed" .. If you think that sicarus is an overpowered weapon ... then yes

I'm saying since the exalted blade is technically a skana prime you own a skana prime that can kill high level enemies. Also you should see my sicarus prime build. I was just saying hat exalted blade is more powerful than the skana prime.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

If I had it if be up for the challenge to make it high mid tier. I was able to make the sicarus prime kill a level 90 heavy gunner in tow mags so I'm sure the skana has  some potential.

Wow. And? You could just use war instead of a skana prime or a hek instead of a lato prime, mod them properly and kill that level 90 heavy gunner in a single hit. And how would releasing a hypothetical "Umbra Skana" fix this? There's already a Prisma Skana, which is infinitely more powerful than Skana Prime and people are still salty for not getting Skana Prime. It's just a trophy. It will never be a great weapon. And it shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Wow. And? You could just use war instead of a skana prime or a hek instead of a lato prime, mod them properly and kill that level 90 heavy gunner in a single hit. And how would releasing a hypothetical "Umbra Skana" fix this? There's already a Prisma Skana, which is infinitely more powerful than Skana Prime and people are still salty for not getting Skana Prime. It's just a trophy. It will never be a great weapon. And it shouldn't be.

Yeah they are salty .. when you ask them if they would buy it ... the answer is  no^^ "Let me grind that stuff"

21 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

*sigh* *cups face* That is about as much a s you could misinterpret what I was saying

I guess I'll have to make points.

1.) Wow. [why are you saying wow, is me saying weapons have potential really that bad? ]

2.) That is not possible with the war I've tried. The hek I'm not so sure, but I doubt it.

3.)Did I not make my self clear when I told you that Umbra skana makes no sense whatsoever and should not be in the game? Not only did I say the clearly I also reinforced my dislike for it by saying we already have a prisma skana.

4.)Who here is salty?[I am now for typing all this after I repeatedly made it clear that Umbra skana should not be in game. Now I know why founders get a bad rap you guys start augments when someone tries to stop one from happening in the first place. *sigh* What did I except anyway, understanding and founders not to call people salty because we can't get something they have?

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

1 hour ago, yual said:

if we get lato & skana umbra. Yes, they will.

easy to answer, no....

currently DE has only stated there will be Umbra Warframes preceding Excalibur Umbra

there has been no mention of umbra based weapons and I highly doubt it , though it has already been discussed close to the beginning of this thread creation if memory serves about how unlikely it was. i even posed that very question myself. simply put there are plenty of variations and fodder types already. 

Spoiler

Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes)

there are plenty of variations already implemented by current weapons that could incorporate new variants as well 

prime, prisma,vandal,wraith ect ...... 

per founders wiki

Founders are users who purchased special Founders Packages as a form of funding Warframe during its early days. These packages includedPlatinum, Prime Equipment unique to the program and other assorted benefits. The Founders program began on December 19, 2012 and ended on November 1st, 2013

The following things listed are exclusive to the Founders Program. none of these things will be re-released in the future

The Founders program has ended on November 1st. Related bonuses and benefits are made exclusive to all Founders and will not be available again.

I dont understand why people dont get "no means no" part... and continue on......why focus so much on these things when there is so much more you probably still have to work on?

founders items are EXCLUSIVE and none will be RE-RELEASED in the future ...EVER ..period/fin/end   .....move on  .....

they funded this very games creation, and shaped it so that we all could enjoy it to this very day. they should have things to show for their dedication and commitment. 

its like kickstarter tenno , your either were there for the creation or you just stumble by after its over and enjoy the product

many new players have come forth asking these very questions , the simple answer is no they wont be returning and as many founders have told you, they are fodder weapons anyway, nothing but a trophy for them to remember the beginning and how it all started  

as with skana prime and prisma skana , we will probably see another variation of the weapons you talk of in the future for general players that will be equivalent, if not stronger 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
typos...

46 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

easy to answer, no....

currently DE has only stated there will be Umbra Warframes preceding Excalibur Umbra

there has been no mention of umbra based weapons and I highly doubt it , though it has already been discussed close to the beginning of this thread creation if memory serves about how unlikely it was. i even posed that very question myself. simply put there are plenty of variations and fodder types already. 

Reveal hidden contents

Umbra Warframes

there are plenty of variations already implemented by current weapons that could incorporate new variants as well 

per founders wiki

I dont understand why people dont get "no means no" part... and continue on......why focus so much on these things when there is so much more you probably still have to work on?

founders items are EXCLUSIVE and none will be RE-RELEASED in the future ...EVER ..period/fin/end   .....move on  .....

they funded this very games creation, and shaped it so that we all could enjoy it to this very day. they should have things to show for their dedication and commitment. 

its like kickstarter tenno , your either were there for the creation or you just stumble by after its over and enjoy the product

many new players have come forth asking these very questions , the simple answer is no they wont be returning and as many founders have told you, they are fodder weapons anyway, nothing but a trophy for them to remember the beginning and how it all started  

as with skana prime and prisma skana , we will probably see another variation of the weapons you talk of in the future for general players that will be equivalent, if not stronger 

The people who bring up founders items are new guys and ironically founders.

From what i've gathered, excalibur umbra is a third variant of excalibur, except according to this article http://www.inquisitr.com/3223521/warframe-the-war-within-update-rumors/ the umbra variants of warframes are going to have a whole new set of power.

For some reason that really bothers me, why not make a whole new frame? I like the idea of prime frames, they're just regular frames with an extra polarity and slightly better stats, so that doesn't bother me, obviously we don't have all the details and the article itself has the word "rumors" so we'll have to wait, but if the rumors are true im not digging it, not sure about everyone else. I might sound like i'm complaining, and i almost believe it myself, but i like that DE is trying new things, and maybe i will like it, cause again we don't know everything, china does, but im not sure if someone from china or a chinese to english translator got all the information in english and got it here.

If anyone knows more about this can you rid my ignorance of this subject?

10 minutes ago, abahnur said:

they said no umbra in 19. nor are the specters of the relay (or rail?) are umbras, we just have to wait.

incorrect they said the figure in that area wasnt umbra , NOT that umbra wasnt in u19 

per lazerskink earlier

They didn't say that at all. If you're referring to the Devstream, they said the figure in the Junction is not Umbra, not that he isn't in U19.

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

11 minutes ago, (PS4)theguyofmadness said:

From what i've gathered, excalibur umbra is a third variant of excalibur, except according to this article http://www.inquisitr.com/3223521/warframe-the-war-within-update-rumors/ the umbra variants of warframes are going to have a whole new set of power.

For some reason that really bothers me, why not make a whole new frame? I like the idea of prime frames, they're just regular frames with an extra polarity and slightly better stats, so that doesn't bother me, obviously we don't have all the details and the article itself has the word "rumors" so we'll have to wait, but if the rumors are true im not digging it, not sure about everyone else. I might sound like i'm complaining, and i almost believe it myself, but i like that DE is trying new things, and maybe i will like it, cause again we don't know everything, china does, but im not sure if someone from china or a chinese to english translator got all the information in english and got it here.

If anyone knows more about this can you rid my ignorance of this subject?

the umbra info talked about is general, , you might want to read the OP and catch up tenno

3 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

The people who bring up founders items are new guys and ironically founders.

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

easy to answer, no....

Reveal hidden contents

Umbra Warframes

per founders wiki

they funded this very games creation and shaped it so that we all could enjoy it to this very day. they should have things to show for their dedication and commitment.

as with skana prime and prisma skana , we will probably see another variation of the weapons you talk off in the future for general players that we be equivalent, if not stronger

I confess to being one of those people who when they found out there was an Excalibur prime I wanted one and it pissed me off that they went and did this nonsense. Umbra was the replacement for that in my mind. As for skana and lato prime, I don't really care. There are better and stronger primes and regular weapons out there.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

The person who wrote this article has 0 idea what he/she is talking about. Ignore it completely, absolutely no credibility.

^^^^ This, if anybody knows anything even remotely close to the truth about Umbra(Outside of DE of course) its the people in this thread not some random on the internet with nothing to back up their speculation.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i was trying to be polite.....

but ya pretty much 

giphy.gif

Here's the thing, I'm not talking about Umbra information alone. The writer of that article has proven ignorance in every single subject they talk about regarding Warframe. It seems he/she has not kept up to date with any official information even a little.

Edited by LazerSkink

Hey guys. I recently looked at some stuff I have made, and when I lookes at this one again, it suddenly occurred to me that this could be a cool look for Loki Umbra.

loki_prime_dread_helmet_concept_by_gaber

Should I work on it some more? A Umbra Tennogenskin maby.

Thought I might as well ask here where the action is.

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Hey guys. I recently looked at some stuff I have made, and when I lookes at this one again, it suddenly occurred to me that this could be a cool look for Loki Umbra.

loki_prime_dread_helmet_concept_by_gaber

Should I work on it some more? A Umbra Tennogenskin maby.

Thought I might as well ask here where the action is.

can you fix 2 look like this?

Spoiler

2 look more like head... :smile: 

ia2qHNg.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

OK, so this is something that came to my mind earlier today and i don't know if it has been posted before but when showing of the new star chart on the latest devstream we were shown a sneak peek at the junctions. Steve said that unlocking the next planet would be a challenge and when approaching the center we could see someone kneeling followed by Steve backing out because of spoilers. Could that kneeling figure be what the community was waiting for - Excalibur Umbra?

Spoiler

wUkooEz.png

3 minutes ago, edski10 said:

OK, so this is something that came to my mind earlier today and i don't know if it has been posted before but when showing of the new star chart on the latest devstream we were shown a sneak peek at the junctions. Steve said that unlocking the next planet would be a challenge and when approaching the center we could see someone kneeling followed by Steve backing out because of spoilers. Could that kneeling figure be what the community was waiting for - Excalibur Umbra?

Hide contents

wUkooEz.png

That would be amazing

12 minutes ago, edski10 said:

Reveal hidden contents

wUkooEz.png

"Umbra" - potentially the most severe OCD trigger of the warframe community