The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Noticed how Excalibur Umbra, Shadow Excalibur,(Umbra?), and Chroma without his pelt on, have very similar torsos?

I did some comparing with shadow and Excalibur Umbra and they absolutely have the same design. I was never sure/cared untill now.

Allso Teshin said: "Lotus led the Tenno astray, complacent like oxen."

The Accolytes said: "You are still their servants. You have lost your way, I will help you find it."

Coincidense or planned? That sound way to similar to be random.

7 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Don't ruin the surprise for everyone else guys. If you don't care about spoilers then more power to ya, just don't spill the beans for the people who wanna have a "Second Dream Moment" 

Reveal hidden contents

I've already seen it, I still retain my hype cause I'm that kinda person lol. Also sorry if mentioning it like that is against the rules I don't wanna have people spoiled is all 

Totally agree with you

I do have one wish regarding Umbra. If it really is a new add-on that give us more choices and more Lore, then I want:

Aproximate release date.

It's probably not a U19 thing. So if it is a U20 thing,  they are better off just saying so.

Spoilers I don't want for this. Second Dream was allready guessed at by many of us. Umbras are different.

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

Noticed how Excalibur Umbra, Shadow Excalibur,(Umbra?), and Chroma without his pelt on, have very similar torsos?

I did some comparing with shadow and Excalibur Umbra and they absolutely have the same design. I was never sure/cared untill now.

Allso Teshin said: "Lotus led the Tenno astray, complacent like oxen."

The Accolytes said: "You are still their servants. You have lost your way, I will help you find it."

Coincidense or planned? That sound way to similar to be random.

not sure, we never really brought in teshin into any discussion that i can recall

12 hours ago, (PS4)Deviant1994 said:

Why was my post taken down? And cool I didn't know Warframe had a reddit.

Because ...?

Spoiler

A reminder to all that Datamining is not allowed on the forums, please refer to the forum code of conduct:

"2a) LEAKED/DATA-MINED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks or data-mined information in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE staff. Continued posting of leaks/rumors will result in a warning point if the action continues after initial contact. We want to assure all Tenno are able to share in the excitement of new content when it is released to public. Addressing speculation and rumors takes attention away from the crucial content, changes, and fixes that are prioritized to further improve the game."~NovusNova

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

I have to agree as well, I just saw it myself and I kinder regret it now

there are at quite a few "variations" of this leaked "info" out there, some are clear fabrications created from posted topics here. so id take it with a grain of salt ..

but in all honesty what is or isnt true will be verified when excal umbra is revealed 

as steve said

little surprises are a good thing 

Oh Teshin is something I have allways felt like connecting him with Stalker since this.

Stalker said he was awake while we slept. "Others like me have wandered these desolate worlds while you slept."

Teshin said he wandered looking for redemption,  and found the Conclave. 

Two were there for the Fall. Both have returned.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Oh Teshin is something I have allways felt like connecting him with Stalker since this.

Stalker said he was awake while we slept. "Others like me have wandered these desolate worlds while you slept."

Teshin said he wandered looking for redemption,  and found the Conclave. 

Two were there for the Fall. Both have returned.

well thats a good and teshin did get a new "look" but when reviewing it its not very similiar to umbras scarf. so we dismissed that. but i forget that teshin is one thats been around just as long (if not longer) then lotus 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)EnormeMostro said:

I really like the super sayan idea. I will happy to bring Atlas and BooM!!! Atlas Umbra.

Sorry about the quote, I use phone and don't know how to delete it.

np, and ya the super saiyian concept is a fun idea ..but reminds me of mega pokemon for some reason ...

49 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I hope we don't have to wait til after stupid tennocon to get another update.

Well specters is supposed to come out before it from what I can see, and they said War Within was coming after that so....yeah we kinda have to 

Let's say Shadow is a Umbra, a tennoless warframe.

When he froze up in the Liset, wondering who he really was; what if the Umbra need to be bonded to our tenno? What if that is what makes them different from the Primes used in the First Dream. 

So a new type of Operator needs to be born, the same way the Orokin once paired zariman child and warframe.

Just trying to think of what will make them different. 

12 minutes ago, arch111 said:

When he froze up in the Liset, wondering who he really was; what if the Umbra need to be bonded to our tenno? What if that is what makes them different from the Primes used in the First Dream. 

So a new type of Operator needs to be born, the same way the Orokin once paired zariman child and warframe.

its a interesting idea, but then are the operators for the primes different? 

31 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Perhaps they'll be controlled by some kind of direct influence, or maybe we some how force our frames into sentience making them Umbra, taking orders from our Operators.

1 hour ago, Nyrakav said:

Perhaps they'll be controlled by some kind of direct influence, or maybe we some how force our frames into sentience making them Umbra, taking orders from our Operators.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

its a interesting idea, but then are the operators for the primes different? 

This depends on whether or not you take Stalker at his word; that he was a Guardian and that that either meant that all Guardians were what we call Umbra, or that he and others became Umbra after the fall.

If he went to that "dark place" and became Shadow, he is still not a tenno. But clearly he still uses a warframe - so the same rule must apply somewhere; a warframe is commanded.

And if only a tenno:zariman-returnee, can use a Prime,  hmm maby the tenno need to allso go to that place?

34 minutes ago, arch111 said:

This depends on whether or not you take Stalker at his word; that he was a Guardian and that that either meant that all Guardians were what we call Umbra, or that he and others became Umbra after the fall.

If he went to that "dark place" and became Shadow, he is still not a tenno. But clearly he still uses a warframe - so the same rule must apply somewhere; a warframe is commanded.

And if only a tenno:zariman-returnee, can use a Prime,  hmm maby the tenno need to allso go to that place?

makes sense o. o

we know that frames were made to reflect individual tenno originally so maybe those of the zariman incident were born of two different forces

light void and dark void energies...

or perhaps its not that simple....

if we take into account energy.. is both positive and negative 

maybe the children of the zariman are a neutral power conduit. when focused and tempered/trained they gain the powers of the light and can wield the primes better through focus.

then by DE umbras are a twisted variation of primes. so maybe they are corrupted or altered to tap into the negative form of this power ?

18 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

makes sense o. o

we know that frames were made to reflect individual tenno originally so maybe those of the zariman incident were born of two different forces

maybe the children of the zariman are a neutral power conduit. when focused and tempered/trained they gain the powers of the light and can wield the primes better through focus.

then by DE umbras are a twisted variation of primes. so maybe they are corrupted or altered to tap into the negative form of this power ?

Makes me think of Lovecraftian places where darkness comes from. Where the Infestation came from? Too out there :)?

31 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

makes sense o. o

Umbra could be a reflection of the history of the "old Stalker" ..

But there is one thing that i really want to see in this game .. more than Umbra ...

The Stalker Helmet --- soooo badly