The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Thank you for your informative post. I wasn't entirely up to date about the sales though I did know Excalibur Umbra Prime was an Updated Excalibur Prime for Chinese players but the information about other items was unclear to me. Interesting theory by the way, but I can't comment on that because while it is seemingly plausible theory, all we can really do at this point is speculate.

The lack of actual news and contents on the matter is starting to be tangible.

Hopefully we'll get something in the next Devstream. Rebecca said in Prime Time 101 that they need to get a concrete system for Umbra. Seven months and no system? Yea right. But I digress, if Steves post is to be believed, we should be getting at least a snippet of gameplay or pictures featuring Umbra. I'm not hoping though. Over the past seven months I've grown accustomed to expecting failure.

Hopefully we'll get something in the next Devstream. Rebecca said in Prime Time 101 that they need to get a concrete system for Umbra. Seven months and no system? Yea right. But I digress, if Steves post is to be believed, we should be getting at least a snippet of gameplay or pictures featuring Umbra. I'm not hoping though. Over the past seven months I've grown accustomed to expecting failure.

They spoke of an Umbra system...interesting, What if it allows us to tap into other Warframes so powers like the stalker....

yeah it's kind of been confirmed because when I asked DE about Excal Umbra being able to use multiple warframe abilities like the Stalker and they deleted my comment.

They gave me a warning point for being sarcastic about their repeated turning of a blind eye to the Umbra requests. You and I have probably been the most vocal about our frustrations about this entire situation xD

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

The lack of actual news and contents on the matter is starting to be tangible.

Excaly, we got 2 weeks until Feb, I share your idea that is a very poor excuse, hopefully we shuold be getting news in 2 weeks time, as it is very close to Feb.

As this is getting out of hand, real fast, and if they keep it up, it will just get worse, and this will be their fault not ours 

yeah it's kind of been confirmed because when I asked DE about Excal Umbra being able to use multiple warframe abilities like the Stalker and they deleted my comment.

Whoa, thats weird, did you PM them or something?

They gave me a warning point for being sarcastic about their repeated turning of a blind eye to the Umbra requests. You and I have probably been the most vocal about our frustrations about this entire situation xD

If they really are giveing out WP or banning people for this, then alot of people are going to be leaving the game, alot of bad things have happened this start of the year, and don't get my started on the details.

I tell you now, if this keeps up, then I'm not going to be around for much longer and I kown for sure others will to

You might want to try not hyping yourselves into believing that Umbra will be game breakingly, stupidly overpowered, and then getting angry when DE won't give him to you soon.

Thus far we've had suggestions that Umbra might have passive invisibility when crouching, that Umbra might have Sentient style damage adaptation, and that Umbra might/should be able to use other Warframes' abilities.

Guys....I get that you really like Umbra and are super excited, but I really doubt that DE would make Umbra Excalibur so broken as to render any other warframe obsolete. Would you even want that?

You might want to try not hyping yourselves into believing that Umbra will be game breakingly, stupidly overpowered, and then getting angry when DE won't give him to you soon.

Thus far we've had suggestions that Umbra might have passive invisibility when crouching, that Umbra might have Sentient style damage adaptation, and that Umbra might/should be able to use other Warframes' abilities.

Guys....I get that you really like Umbra and are super excited, but I really doubt that DE would make Umbra Excalibur so broken as to render any other warframe obsolete. Would you even want that?

I'm with you there. I have no idea why people are starting to assume Umbra will be the ultimate Warframe, with unlimited power. He's just going to be a separate Excalibur, nothing more. He'll obviously have some visual power changes, like maybe Exalted Bade will have a Nikana model, or a maybe even a Dakra Prime model (One can hope). I don't know why people started assuming he'll be the godframe.

I really don't think DE will give a warframe the same power of the Sentients, that will make every warframe obsolete, and the cloaking when crouching no need, Irava has already a thing like that, as she walks slow, like crouching. and we already got 3 Warframes that can stealth.

As for what Red said, might be more likely that will be the case, tho not stupidly over powered, maybe Umbra might have telport or shadow smoke, or even new powers fully.

If I had to guess, maybe he will have Stalkers powers, all expect Dispel of course, Stalker has Exalted Blade, this is the best guess

Edit: So, Umbra might have Omnidirectional Laser Beams, along with his normal powers 

Edited by LegionCynex

Excaly, we got 2 weeks until Feb, I share your idea that is a very poor excuse, hopefully we shuold be getting news in 2 weeks time, as it is very close to Feb.

As this is getting out of hand, real fast, and if they keep it up, it will just get worse, and this will be their fault not ours 

Whoa, thats weird, did you PM them or something?

If they really are giveing out WP or banning people for this, then alot of people are going to be leaving the game, alot of bad things have happened this start of the year, and don't get my started on the details.

I tell you now, if this keeps up, then I'm not going to be around for much longer and I kown for sure others will to

You sound like a hater

I really don't think DE will give a warframe the same power of the Sentients, that will make every warframe obsolete, and the cloaking when crouching no need, Irava has already a thing like that, as she walks slow, like crouching. and we already got 3 Warframes that can stealth.

As for what Red said, might be more likely that will be the case, tho not stupidly over powered, maybe Umbra might have telport or shadow smoke, or even new powers fully.

If I had to guess, maybe he will have Stalkers powers, all expect Dispel of course, Stalker has Exalted Blade, this is the best guess 

Why do you think that though? Umbra is simply just a separate Excalibur for the global player base. If had a new set of powers he wouldn't be Excalibur.

You sound like a hater

No, he sounds like someone who has been put on hold for seven months, because that is exactly what this situation is.

"Is Umbra Excalibur a reskin?:

the Excalibur umbra is a SEPARATE frame and is not a RESKIN of Excalibur like prisma or proto"

Yeah, it's still a reskin adding to the convoluted and haphazard reskin business that this game has turned into which renders beloved vanilla versions obsolete and useless and if it is a weapon, one dare not sell it as it might be needed for crafting.  /endminirant

I for one don't approve of reskinning everything multiple times. Boring.

Edited by Lanieu

That's no situation, that's just greed.

Oh okay. So in your logic, patiently waiting seven months for information on something and then getting ticked off when no information comes forward, when Devs said they'd talk more about it in 2016, is greed? Can't find the logic in there.

Oh okay. So in your logic, patiently waiting seven months for information on something and then getting ticked off when no information comes forward, when Devs said they'd talk more about it in 2016, is greed? Can't find the logic in there.

This year has 12 months and you get whiny because they didn't talk about umbra in the half of the first one? Okay mr. logical.

yes. yes I would. I personally dont give a rats behind about balance as long as im having fun.

But if it is going to be stupidly overpowered then I want it to be an extreme challenge to obtain. not in terms of RNG ether. but like a T5 survival that you have to make it 60 min and you get an umbra part.

"Is Umbra Excalibur a reskin?:

the Excalibur umbra is a SEPARATE frame and is not a RESKIN of Excalibur like prisma or proto"

Yeah, it's still a reskin adding to the convoluted and haphazard reskin business that this game has turned into which renders beloved vanilla versions obsolete and useless and if it is a weapon, one dare not sell it as it might be needed for crafting.  /endminirant

I for one don't approve of reskinning everything multiple times. Boring.

Ironically I'd be fine if Excalibur Umbra is released to us as a sort of Deluxe Skin as I mainly interested in his Aesthetics (The Scarf is too good)

I don't care for the 6k Mastery points, I don't care much for the possible added stats since I've survived the highest content with normal Excalibur's stats. I just want the looks of Excalibur Umbra

Instead of  doing this however DE has decided that Excalibur Umbra, a reskin with added stats, should be delayed because #Lore

Yes I'm salty, come at me

This year has 12 months and you get whiny because they didn't talk about umbra in the half of the first one? Okay mr. logical.

Again, you ignore common sense. DE didn't want the global build to know about Umbra, practically confirmed by their initial reaction which was basically "Oh ****, we've been caught."

Excalibur Umbra was discovered in July 2015, fully modelled and working perfectly, just waiting to be introduced to the global build. Yet they continue to delay him for six months, for no reason whatsoever. We've been constantly in the dark, being tolerant and patient. No information has come forward, only when the toxic reaches a climax do they come forward and start saying, 'Don't worry' before disappearing again. DEDanielle said in October, that Umbra was months away. It's been months and still we've neither seen nor heard anything. 

Turing a blind eye to Umbra questions, occasionally giving incredibly vague responses, ignoring Umbra information requests on the 'What do you want us to talk about in Devstream 66?' (I know, I was there) and constantly spewing out this quickly-becoming-old 'lore' excuse.

So Mr Logical, by your definition, this type of shadiness, does not warrant a complaint? 

Ironically I'd be fine if Excalibur Umbra is released to us as a sort of Deluxe Skin as I mainly interested in his Aesthetics (The Scarf is too good)

I don't care for the 6k Mastery points, I don't care much for the possible added stats since I've survived the highest content with normal Excalibur's stats. I just want the looks of Excalibur Umbra

Instead of  doing this however DE has decided that Excalibur Umbra, a reskin with added stats, should be delayed because #Lore

Yes I'm salty, come at me

Yeah I want hoods and/or scarves that could be combined with capes/cloaks/synadanas.

As for reskins...I think all reskins should be combined into the original weapon/frame and be toggleable.

Select Braton > Select Braton Vandal or Braton Prime. Updated stats applied. Forma/potato/lens carries forward for all versions.  The 'reskins' can still be leveled up for MR but would simply be offshoots from the original.  Would clean up things.  

As for prisma/mara/syndicate/wraith versions, these should be sidegrades.  Applied like how I said above ^^.

Again, you ignore common sense. DE didn't want the global build to know about Umbra, practically confirmed by their initial reaction which was basically "Oh ****, we've been caught."

Excalibur Umbra was discovered in July 2015, fully modelled and working perfectly, just waiting to be introduced to the global build. Yet they continue to delay him for six months, for no reason whatsoever. We've been constantly in the dark, being tolerant and patient. No information has come forward, only when the toxic reaches a climax do they come forward and start saying, 'Don't worry' before disappearing again. DEDanielle said in October, that Umbra was months away. It's been months and still we've neither seen nor heard anything. 

Turing a blind eye to Umbra questions, occasionally giving incredibly vague responses, ignoring Umbra information requests on the 'What do you want us to talk about in Devstreamm 66?' (I know, I was there) and constantly spewing out this quickly-becoming-old 'lore' excuse.

So Mr Logical, by your definition, this type of shadiness, does not warrant a complaint?

#rekt, I'm just waiting for th post against this to see his reaction...though I know what it will probably be anyway.