The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

The time limited frame we currently have is the biggest issue on warframe to date. I dont think adding a second one (even if you can buy it with plat ) would be the best move. That will defiantly hurt the game in the long run more than help.

Having Umbra as a Limted time only, will not JUST hurt the game Spin

It will KILL IT

Having Umbra as a Limted time only, will not JUST hurt the game Spin

It will KILL IT

Uhm, from the FAQ:

Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build. The Primed Nikana and Prime Kunai are also timed exclusives that will be coming to the Global Build.

Doesn't say "timed", but still "very limited" worries me.

Edited by siralextraffo

Uhm, from the FAQ:

Uh..oh..

The Prime weapons, yeah they are all limited time, until they get vaulted or so

Tho the Umbra, yeah if its a Limited time only, like the skins used to be or "Prime  Excal", then yeah Warframe will die

Warframe will die if Umbra is limited access.

Do you guys ever wonder if you're blowing things way, way out of proportion? Like, you get that a lot of folks, perhaps even the majority of folks, don't give a toss about Umbra.

When you picture the game after Umbra is released, do you just see everyone playing Excalibur Umbra, all the time, with the name of the game changed to 'Umbraframe'? That's not what's going to happen. Warframe is not about the adventures of Excalibur Umbra.

Warframe will die if Umbra is limited access.

Do you guys ever wonder if you're blowing things way, way out of proportion? Like, you get that a lot of folks, perhaps even the majority of folks, don't give a toss about Umbra.

When you picture the game after Umbra is released, do you just see everyone playing Excalibur Umbra, all the time, with the name of the game changed to 'Umbraframe'? That's not what's going to happen. Warframe is not about the adventures of Excalibur Umbra.

Agree, though it would be quite a controversial issue; I don't remember such a hot topic since........well, since ever? All the major s**t storms we had in the forums in the past 3 years ended in a month or 2, to say the most, while this Umbra stuff is lasting since 7 months and the number of threads and people interested is growing every day.

Detron, first China agreement, Multishot stuff, obbscured Void tables, Vivergate....all these topics were forgotten way quicker, never lasted so much.

Agree, though it would be quite a controversial issue; I don't remember such a hot topic since........well, since ever? All the major s**t storms we had in the forums in the past 3 years ended in a month or 2, to say the most, while this Umbra stuff is lasting since 7 months and the number of threads and people interested is growing every day.

Detron, first China agreement, Multishot stuff, obbscured Void tables, Vivergate....all these topics were forgotten way quicker, never lasted so much.

Some people really want an upgraded Excalibur but even I'm surprised this is lasting for as long as it has so far.

Uhm, from the FAQ:

Does it mean only when you pay for plat?

Or like Frost prime unvaulted time and limited?

Anyways i am not happy...especailly when it hits after February, because i won't be able to play for a while then...studys and such

Yeah, but ten pages back, I asked if people would be happy with Umbra as a meaningless (i.e. No lore attached) skin and the response was "yes, if it means we get Umbra sooner".

Umbra released as purely a skin is equivalent to having a paper bag to wear over Excalibur's head. The paper bag has "Umbra" written on it in black and gold marker.

To me the idea of Warframe dying, the whole game rolling up and being canceled while players abandon ship in droves over a cosmetic is insanity. I feel that at some point in the past month or so the folks looking forward to Umbra quietly left reason behind.

if i remember right DE never stated that umbra will be "timelimited" and for real cash only

they was/are thinking about how to give it to us and they was thinking/discussing different possibillities

spoken from the umbra-fanbase i wish we get a wonderful new cinematic quest where every player can get its hands on after reaching a certain level of MR, maybe MR 8 or MR 11 or smth like that

Edited by Guest

Does it mean only when you pay for plat?

Or like Frost prime unvaulted time and limited?

Anyways i am not happy...especailly when it hits after February, because i won't be able to play for a while then...studys and such

Well limited means.............limited; usually it's not related to acquiring methods, but to time instead or copies available.

In this case, since copies available are not an option, I'd say that timed limited is the most likely option; though, we don't know for sure.

if i remember right DE never stated that umbra will be "timelimited" and for real cash only

they was/are thinking about how to give it to us and they was thinking/discussing different possibillities

spoken from the umbra-fanbase i wish we get a wonderful new cinematic quest where every player can get its hands on after reaching a certain level of MR, maybe MR 8 or MR 11 or smth like that

On the first part please read above, as I said they just stated it'll be limited; in Warframe/game case when something is limited it means either that it's time limited or it has a few copies available(like promo codes). Dunno what else "limited" could mean, honestly.

Maybe it's gameplay wise, meaning that only few frames will have this feature.

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58#61#64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^

Hey Tenno,

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58, #61, #64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game.

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept.

Thank you ^.^

More attempts at brushing off no doubt. Still working on a "system" are they? I don't believe it.

This is by far the most important topic I've ever seen. Like you said; there has never been any other subject that has lasted this long. DE knows this is not going away so they might as well get ready for coughing up some real, solid information on Friday, otherwise there will just continue to be more and more Umbra threads and posts. This thread is updated daily. It's amazing to put it lightly.

DE we do not forgive, we do not forget. We want Umbra. Expect us.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

in all honesty I still feel it will be a singular earned warframe, a one time mission deal to get it and build it. similar to how we earned broken war

and as with all things dev and changyou have both posted that there will be more umbras besides Excalibur in limited numbers

#MRfodder #pepperVSsalt

all joking aside, I truly dont think umbra will break the game if limited in this way, it brings closure and a sense of earned rewards. while making it 1 to each player. i feel thats a fair way to disperse it 

i also was toying with an idea, if umbra has same powers as our standard Excalibur, maybe a void based passive, like a void aura, if enemies are in close proximity they take a small amount of void energy damage

possibly only active if power is fully filled?

in all honesty I still feel it will be a singular earned warframe, a one time mission deal to get it and build it. similar to how we earned broken war

and as with all things dev and changyou have both posted that there will be more umbras besides Excalibur in limited numbers

#MRfodder #pepperVSsalt

all joking aside, I truly dont think umbra will break the game if limited in this way, it brings closure and a sense of earned rewards. while making it 1 to each player. i feel thats a fair way to disperse it 

i also was toying with an idea, if umbra has same powers as our standard Excalibur, maybe a void based passive, like a void aura, if enemies are in close proximity they take a small amount of void energy damage

possibly only active if power is fully filled?

Super SiayanXcalibur?

Looks like they're working on some way to make it not "Fake Excal Prime for non-founders".

If that's what you were hoping for, you should probably accept it's not going to be that.

We have the prisma skin for that. Umbra will be interesting though.

Super SiayanXcalibur?

We have the prisma skin for that. Umbra will be interesting though.

just a thought, im trying to figure a way to make it realistic within game mechanics. could be a if damage incured releases a void pulse?

and also a picture supplied shows it using a Excalibur alt head, so possibly it can utilize all existing accessories for Excalibur ?

prisma umbra excal ....

@OP: I asked the friend to check on China WF, as he's the only one that I know who can access to both games.

His nick is ecwp1981,yoy may have heard of him before as he provided a tons of info from Changyou WF, with screens and such.

He asked to players over there and got the confirmation that no, the scarf is not removable from Excalibur Umbra Prime so it's not a cosmetic available to every frame so far.

He'll be so kind to provide me a screen of the chat so that I can post it here as a proof.

Or maybe he'll do it himself!

just a thought, im trying to figure a way to make it realistic within game mechanics. could be a if damage incured releases a void pulse?

and also a picture supplied shows it using a Excalibur alt head, so possibly it can utilize all existing accessories for Excalibur ?

prisma umbra excal ....

But that means in China.....Oh God....Prisma Umbra Excalibur Prime....

More attempts at brushing off no doubt. Still working on a "system" are they? I don't believe it.

This is by far the most important topic I've ever seen. Like you said; there has never been any other subject that has lasted this long. DE knows this is not going away so they might as well get ready for coughing up some real, solid information on Friday, otherwise there will just continue to be more and more Umbra threads and posts. This thread is updated daily. It's amazing to put it lightly.

This ^

So Much This!

*hacks into dev stream tv screen and plays this message as anyonamous*

This ^

So Much This!

We work from the shadows.....specifically the umbra.

Umbra helmet is the best part of the design, why would you change it? :D

prisma Excalibur helmet uses normal helm as base...so kinds Becuase Excalibur was my first frame and upgrading him is what I've always dreamed of.

Looks like they're working on some way to make it not "Fake Excal Prime for non-founders".

If that's what you were hoping for, you should probably accept it's not going to be that.

I'm unsure what you mean by this, I can't tell if this is a insult or not

I might be reading it wrong..way