The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I'm unsure what you mean by this, I can't tell if this is a insult or not

I might be reading it wrong..way

I think that what he's saying is that Umbra Excalibur will not fix the founder package problem(mostly).....you'd have to be a fool to believe that.

*Dons tinfoil top hat*

*steals tinfoil top hat* Mine.

*hacks into dev stream tv screen and plays this message as anyonamous*

We work from the shadows.....specifically the umbra.

prisma Excalibur helmet uses normal helm as base...so kinds Becuase Excalibur was my first frame and upgrading him is what I've always dreamed of.

I think that what he's saying is that Umbra Excalibur will not fix the founder package problem(mostly).....you'd have to be a fool to believe that.

*steals tinfoil top hat* Mine.

ok now we are getting a little carried away, I want umbra as much as the next person, but I dont think drastic measure is required... it will come when its ready (and i will have a umbra icon dang it !) 

Umbra helmet is the best part of the design, why would you change it? :D

and i agree the head is epic, and im not so caring as i personally love the scarf

Now we form a circle and form....

The Fellowship of the Umbra ! hahah

ok now we are getting a little carried away, I want umbra as much as the next person, but I dont think drastic measure is required... it will come when its ready (and i will have a umbra icon dang it !) 

and i agree the head is epic, and im not so caring as i personally love the scarf

*unhacks de stream tv screen* Fine.....

www.notable-quotes.com/l/stan_lee_quote_2.jpg

Insult, no. 

But the current situation with Primes vs non Primes is very simple.  The Prime version of a frame is always simply better then then non-Prime version.  The number of situations where you'd use a non-Prime instead of a prime is limited to "Don't have the prime" or "Haven't formaed the prime enough".  But otherwise, the Prime frame is always simply *better* then the non-prime.  Once you get a Prime version of a frame, might as well sell the non-Prime, since you'll never want to use it again.

With the Umbras, I don't expect this to be the case.  Whatever mechanics they're creating, you can expect it will have downsides.  Using an Umbra will be a calculated choice.  You may want to use the regular frame instead of the Umbra to avoid those downsides.

This goes beyond Excal - there will be other Umbras.

But there does seem to be a portion of the fanbase expecting Umbra to replace your regular frame, the way primes currently do.  Those people are going to be disappointed, I think.

Insult, no. 

But the current situation with Primes vs non Primes is very simple.  The Prime version of a frame is always simply better then then non-Prime version.  The number of situations where you'd use a non-Prime instead of a prime is limited to "Don't have the prime" or "Haven't formaed the prime enough".  But otherwise, the Prime frame is always simply *better* then the non-prime.  Once you get a Prime version of a frame, might as well sell the non-Prime, since you'll never want to use it again.

With the Umbras, I don't expect this to be the case.  Whatever mechanics they're creating, you can expect it will have downsides.  Using an Umbra will be a calculated choice.  You may want to use the regular frame instead of the Umbra to avoid those downsides.

This goes beyond Excal - there will be other Umbras.

But there does seem to be a portion of the fanbase expecting Umbra to replace your regular frame, the way primes currently do.  Those people are going to be disappointed, I think.

True to be honest it will probably no access to the focus system but access to the umbra system.

Speaking of which....  

@OP: I asked the friend to check on China WF, as he's the only one that I know who can access to both games.

His nick is ecwp1981,yoy may have heard of him before as he provided a tons of info from Changyou WF, with screens and such.

He asked to players over there and got the confirmation that no, the scarf is not removable from Excalibur Umbra Prime so it's not a cosmetic available to every frame so far.

He'll be so kind to provide me a screen of the chat so that I can post it here as a proof.

Or maybe he'll do it himself!

@OP: I asked the friend to check on China WF, as he's the only one that I know who can access to both games.

His nick is ecwp1981,yoy may have heard of him before as he provided a tons of info from Changyou WF, with screens and such.

He asked to players over there and got the confirmation that no, the scarf is not removable from Excalibur Umbra Prime so it's not a cosmetic available to every frame so far.

He'll be so kind to provide me a screen of the chat so that I can post it here as a proof.

Or maybe he'll do it himself!

Here you go. basically it means that it cannot be taken off in chinese :P

JOjYUJT.jpg

Or a thousand other things.

Just don't expect it to be a no questions asked upgrade, expect a sidegrade.  Otherwise disappointment is likely.

Oh, and save up some plat for slots, since you'll probably need more so you can keep both versions of a frame.

Or a thousand other things.

Just don't expect it to be a no questions asked upgrade, expect a sidegrade.  Otherwise disappointment is likely.

Oh, and save up some plat for slots, since you'll probably need more so you can keep both versions of a frame.

Well, at the moment Umbra is a straight upgrade to standard Excalibur, so it's exactly like Primes.

In China WF, at least, so likely here too.

Here you go. basically it means that it cannot be taken off in chinese :P

JOjYUJT.jpg

Thanks mate!

Well, at the moment Umbra is a straight upgrade to standard Excalibur, so it's exactly like Primes.

In China WF, at least, so likely here too.

Yeah, that's how it is in China, but their stalls have pretty heavily hinted that's not what will be happening here.

Yeah, that's how it is in China, but their stalls have pretty heavily hinted that's not what will be happening here.

I read it differently, I think it's just because, unlike with China WF, they can't throw in something like Umbra and pretend to explain it months or years later.

The stalls to me it's just an implementation issue, it's not related to gameplay or frame powers themselves.

Speaking of which....  

you try to close one umbra thread after the other by "commenting" this high fragile theme your own special way instead of helping the comunity to calm down and enjoy the time until it appears ? i have the impression that lots of founders are helpful for warframe and this should stay in my mind, i will stay away from now to pay you attention in any way by my own chosen responsability =))))

my best wishes

Edited by Guest

you try to close one umbra thread after the other by "commenting" this high fragile theme your own special way instead of helping the comunity to calm down and enjoy the time until it appears ? i have the impression that lots of founders are helpful for warframe and this should stay in my mind, i will stay away from now to pay you attention in any way by my own chosen responsability =))))

my best wishes

Sorry I don't exactly get what you're trying to say?

my best wishes

zee-say-what-meme.png

Editing OP to add in the new scarf info 

and also

my best wishes

what did i just read ?

speechless.gif

Where's this coming from? The idea of there being, specifically, an Umbra system which is somehow equivalent to the Focus system?

It's just an idea or concept MK has since a while, based on the relationship between Umbra and Stalker.

Nothing concrete, but at this stage we can imagine everything.

We know Umbra has nothing like that in China WF, but we also know DE is trying to find a way to implement it.

Edited by siralextraffo

It's just an idea or concept MK has since a while, based on the relationship between Umbra and Stalker.

Nothing concrete, but at this stage we can imagine everything.

We know Umbra has nothing like that in China WF, but we also know DE is trying to find a way to implement it.

as the focus system, is still in development and subject to change, they could in theory alter one to be the "umbra path " or an "inverted" lens for umbras?

possibly not a specific system per say, who knows at this point...

on another subject

one thing I also wanted to bring up. when sifting through umbra images 

I repeatedly see it using a "black/red"  colored sword in a few pics

(reference enlarged) 

maxresdefault.jpg

I assumed it was a nikana prime or skana prime at the time, but that dosnt look like the case? any ideas? 

could this be its "shadow sword" in action? 

nikana P

orr3mKn.png

skana prime

bh5hgZa.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

on another subject

one thing I also wanted to bring up. when sifting through umbra images

I repeatedly see it using a "black/red" colored sword in a few pics

(reference enlarged)

maxresdefault.jpg

I assumed it was a nikana prime or skana prime at the time, but that dosnt look like the case? any ideas?

could this be its "shadow sword" in action?

nikana P

orr3mKn.png

skana prime

bh5hgZa.jpg

Uhm, maybe there's a better picture where the weapon is shown entirely? I mean, in that one we only see the blade, which could be for a lot of weapons!

Though, I agree that Nikana Prime handle looks definitely different.

Uhm, maybe there's a better picture where the weapon is shown entirely? I mean, in that one we only see the blade, which could be for a lot of weapons!

Though, I agree that Nikana Prime handle looks definitely different.

let me dig through my files see if i can find a better one 

i just noticed it was not the same as many ive seen it posed with (hate, galatine ect..)