The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

How to make a Chinese account? and play with Umbra or at least to see him in game :)

Is the Chinese Founder's Package still available? 

Also, if you're seriously considering making a Chinese account and buying a Founder's pack just to get to play with Umbra then, well. I guess I'm actually kind of impressed with how much of an Umbra fan you must be.

They could do Galatine Prime with Umbra. We don't know if hell come out with anything. I personally hope the next prime set has a prime archwing weapon like Imperator Prime or Veritux Prime.

There's no reason to get Prime stuff with Umbra: Umbra=/=Prime, we still don't know the relationship but if the 7months delay is to make Umbra fit the lore, then it won't be treated as a normal Prime Access, also because Umbra is no Prime.

The Chinese founders program featured Excalibur Umbra PRIME, which is why they also got more Prime parts with it; but we will get Excalibur Umbra, so Prime items are not related to it.

Perhaps DE could make Umbra be Warframes where the "voices" are harder to contain, so they seep through and can influence the Tenno/Operator to an extent during Transference. For example, I imagine the Warframe voice whispering and influencing the Tenno to pour more power into it. Transference would have the potential to be a 2 way street without the device Margulis made to stop it.

I have a Umbra  theory:

There are still two closed doors in the tenno ship,what If you are in one room serves as a prison for Umbra frames and he was like a unleashed beast.

He it is not machines like all normal frames, but he is living tenno in umbra war suit.and there is a special arsenal only for umbra frames.

For example there is some Quests who gives us the option for us to kill the Stalker and his blueprints reveals that there are more species that are alive and are called Umbra.and finally, when you find him and take him away in your prison for a new and dangerous type species(umbra).The reason for all this because he is a very powerful and useful to save the world or to destroy.This is only a theory with no END :D

There's no reason to get Prime stuff with Umbra: Umbra=/=Prime, we still don't know the relationship but if the 7months delay is to make Umbra fit the lore, then it won't be treated as a normal Prime Access, also because Umbra is no Prime.

The Chinese founders program featured Excalibur Umbra PRIME, which is why they also got more Prime parts with it; but we will get Excalibur Umbra, so Prime items are not related to it.

Umbra Prime=Umbra. It's the same thing. They're just not calling him prime here.

Umbra Prime=Umbra. It's the same thing. They're just not calling him prime here.

Yep, they are the same, but due to De promise of exclusivity to founders and to their chinese equivalent (*puts tinfoil hat on*, I bet there's a similar promise to originators and umbra prime, being that the main reason why DE disliked umbra primr discovered, and thus making them work on this umbra system and lore before releasing it, which hasn't had qny advance on the last 7 months because they don't even know how to get around it. Anyways we have no way to confirm it due how DE handles details of their work on chinese build with leyou) they cannot label him as prime or some founders might sue them for bringing back Excalibur Prime with a new name in between just to say "it's not the same". In the same way the chinese bosses might take legal actions if their non-confirmed promise (i still thinking there's something like that) if umbra prime got to our build with the same design.

(*takes off tinfoil hat*)

On another note, with Nikana Prime release alongside saryn prime, I doubt excal umbra gets a different animations to his powers, which might have been awesome anyways

Edited by -----LegioN-----

On another note, with Nikana Prime release alongside saryn prime, I doubt excal umbra gets a different animations to his powers, which might have been awesome anyways

The community just needs to understand that the likelihood of Umbra being unique in terms of gameplay is significantly lower than getting Vengeful Revenant from a Conculyst.

If the community continues to hype Umbra as some super special and systematic variant of a well known warframe, they're leading themselves to gargantuan disappointment.

Being just another variant of Excalibur, Umbra has no room to be unique. Anything of significant difference will just make him an entirely different frame when, again, he's just Excalibur. Outside of his acquirement and aesthetics, Umbra isn't something that's going to prevent player burnout.

Edited by LazerSkink

Same stats and everything. Otherwise I'd like to see 2 pictures, one of each for evidence of this difference as proof.

Man, you're too focus on the aspect, which, as DE stated, will be "virtually identical", or 94% the same as Steve stated on Twitter.

The point is simply that Umbra is a dark side of Prime, is no Prime, it's an alternative to Prime.

We get Excalibur Umbra and it won't be Prime also because lore wise they're just different.

The fact that it'll have the same aspect of Excalibur Umbra Prime is cool and it's to avoid huge s**t storms in the community, but it's not a Prime.

Umbra is something different, which is why it's taking so long to release him.

Plus, as you can see the Prime weapons released with Excalibur Umbra Prime in China will be released here along with a proper Prime, Saryn.

Edited by siralextraffo

The community just needs to understand that the likelihood of Umbra being unique in terms of gameplay is significantly lower than getting Vengeful Revenant from a Conculyst.

If the community continues to hype Umbra as some super special and systematic variant of a well known warframe, they're leading themselves to gargantuan disappointment.

Being just another variant of Excalibur, Umbra has no room to be unique. Anything of significant difference will just make him an entirely different frame, when, again, he's just Excalibur. Outside of his acquirement and aesthetics, Umbra isn't something that's going to prevent player burnout.

DE has only fueled the anticipation by delaying him for so long and promising so much more than just "Not-Excalibur Prime". I hope next Devstream they'll come out with some actual substance about his release and not just another lame "we're working on it" update.

Man, you're too focus on the aspect, which, as DE stated, will be "virtually identical", or 94% the same as Steve stated on Twitter.

The point is simply that Umbra is a dark side of Prime, is no Prime, it's an alternative to Prime.

We get Excalibur Umbra and it won't be Prime also because lore wise they're just different.

The fact that it'll have the same aspect of Excalibur Umbra Prime is cool and it's to avoid huge s**t storms in the community, but it's not a Prime.

Umbra is something different, which is way it's taking so long to release him.

Plus, as you can see the Prime weapons released with Excalibur Umbra Prime in China will be released here along with a proper Prime, Saryn.

It's completely understandable. Umbra is another Prime variant of Excalibur, meaning he's a variant of Excalibur Prime. Prime items in this game are identified by their gold bits. 

When it comes to Warframe, if it's gold, it's Prime. Umbra is no exception.

I hope next Devstream they'll come out with some actual substance about his release and not just another lame "we're working on it" update.

This is a good example of what I consider to be a no no. In my opinion, it's best to expect absolutely nothing from the devstreams. They've done a good job of giving us the same answer over and over merely in different ways every time. Expecting anything different from upcoming devstreams is wishful thinking. 

My pessism and salt are showing.

Edited by LazerSkink

I have a Umbra  theory:

There are still two closed doors in the tenno ship,what If you are in one room serves as a prison for Umbra frames and he was like a unleashed beast.
He it is not machines like all normal frames, but he is living tenno in umbra war suit.and there is a special arsenal only for umbra frames.
For example there is some Quests who gives us the option for us to kill the Stalker and his blueprints reveals that there are more species that are alive and are called Umbra.and finally, when you find him and take him away in your prison for a new and dangerous type species(umbra).The reason for all this because he is a very powerful and useful to save the world or to destroy.This is only a theory with no END :D

Umbra is something different, which is why it's taking so long to release him.

That's due to needing a Prime quickly. I bet they didn't start working on Saryn Prime til after the holidays, didn't have time to make new weapons so they tacked on Umbra's weapons because they we're just sitting readily available on their shelves. Due to this I really hope she isn't totally rushed looking. As for the "S#&$-storms", you mean the minority of founders right? Not all of them of course but the ones that DID backlash at this. I blame them for forcing DE to have to cut corners to avoid triggering them. As far as a difference. I don't REALLY see one. Umbra still looks like something that could legitimately be called prime. All I really want I suppose is an Excalibur with gold-shiny stuff on him that looks nice and has better stats than the original, someone to fill the void left by the lack of Excalibur Prime due to the fact that they made a promise they didn't have to make, and probably shouldn't have in the first place. I hope DE never does a founder's promise ever again. It's a terrible marketing strategy and will inevitably alienate people and get salt thrown all over the place. Maybe someday DE will do a sequel or prequel or spinoff of Warframe and re-release Excalibur Prime, which they CAN legally do since the founder's promise is only binding to this game.

This is a good example of what I consider to be a no no. In my opinion, it's best to expect absolutely nothing from the devstreams. They've done a good job of giving us the same answer over and over and merely in different ways every time. Expecting anything different from any upcoming devstream is wishful thinking.

My pessism and salt are showing.

I have to agree on this, asking for info on excal umbra is like asking for a primed chamber re-release. The only answer sounds like "stop asking, we're working on a special way to do that, but we don't know how to do it without pissing off a minority, so keep waiting" and nothing else comes but a forced answer once in a while.

About umbra being different to excal, changing some animations while keeping the skillset would keep the frame essentially as an Excalibur, the gameplay might be the same with slightly enhanced visuals not only on his body and different animations to some skills (like another stance for EB). But still, that was just a wishful thinking with really low chances to come true since the beginning.

Nope, especially lore wise they're not. Umbra is one thing, Prime is another.

Excalibur Umbra will be virtually identical to Excalibur Umbra Prime, 94% as Steve said, but still the difference remains.

Oh the lore description will be different. And umbra will probably drop not in the void, but in new mission type yet to be introduced. But other than that umbra and umbra prime are the same item, so for most people it's the same.

All I want from this is excalibur that recharges energy from void balls. I don't use normal frames in void, feels gimped as hell.

Oh the lore description will be different. And umbra will probably drop not in the void, but in new mission type yet to be introduced. But other than that umbra and umbra prime are the same item, so for most people it's the same.

All I want from this is excalibur that recharges energy from void balls. I don't use normal frames in void, feels gimped as hell.

I'm kinda hoping Umbras will be like "bastardized" primes. Somebody messing with Orokin technology and creating more or less modern primes based it. I'm hoping they're like Alad V's attempt at replicating primes for his own devious horrible plans.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

What's your idea then?

Alad is so overdone that it's annoying. He also doesn't have the means or knowledge to create Warframes on his own - only Ordis and Tenno Orbiters possess the tech(according to Cephalon Cordylon iirc). 

See below. 

Perhaps DE could make Umbra be Warframes where the "voices" are harder to contain, so they seep through and can influence the Tenno/Operator to an extent during Transference. For example, I imagine the Warframe voice whispering and influencing the Tenno to pour more power into it. Transference would have the potential to be a 2 way street without the device Margulis made to stop it.

Think of it as the will some dark knight armor possesses in media. There wearer is strengthen or pushed to past their limits at a cost. 

Prime = Paladin/Knight of Light

Umbra = Dark Knight/Knight of Shadow