The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

no worries it happens a lot, umbra is a very big topic since its reveal 

here is the current mega thread with all the knowledge base we've discussed and contemplated as bornwithteeth posted

feel free to participate and look through it at your leisure tenno !

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573303-umbra-warframe-discussion-news/

idk, Warframes, as i understand, were created AFTER they were facing the reverse engineering from sentients.

Warframes use void energy, what could sentients do? Its poison to them

Reverse engineer the warframes using sentient energy?

Highly unlikely, because

1. we would kill them faster before they could finish building them.

2. we couldnt allow that in the first place, otherwise the war would go on forever.

3. i mean yea, its a cool story element, but we have seen stuff like that millions of times.

Besides, why bring even more enemies? better flesh out the ones that we have already

nop, it`s the modern tennos who reverse engineer the primes to make the imitations we use, Primes are the original deal, maybe senteints made new warframes from scratch, because as far as I know umbras are intended to be new warframes not reskins (heard that somewhere in a thread)

nop, it`s the modern tennos who reverse engineer the primes to make the imitations we use, Primes are the original deal, maybe senteints made new warframes from scratch, because as far as I know umbras are intended to be new warframes not reskins (heard that somewhere in a thread)

i know that the Primes are the originals.......what i meant was that they were created as a solution to the sentient problem.

They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses

orokin had some kick4$$ weapons, but sentients could turn them against them.

and THEN they came up with warframe armors

Warframes used the ways of old, hence the sentence - masters of gun and blade.

Sentients could not reverse engineer the techniques of such a simple thing known as a blade.

Then we started to win, then we became better, and then sentients understood that they have lost.

i mean, mirage quest even tells some hints that she was tearing apart hordes of sentients alone.

thats a good point 

but even sentients we now combat can become immune to slash, puncture and impact that kind of ignores that lore concept i think....

dosnt really matter valkyr shreds them quickly enough ....

well.....it is void energy that warframes use.

She and Excali-bruh can mop the floor with them really fast.

thats a good point 

but even sentients we now combat can become immune to slash, puncture and impact that kind of ignores that lore concept i think....

dosnt really matter valkyr shreds them quickly enough .

Their adaptability on damages are included in the Lore... 

to have the sentients adapt was the concept, but it just feels they didnt stay true to reasoning behind gun and blade 

I don't think the reasoning of gun and blade was to imply it was something they couldn't adapt to. I'm thinking it was that those aren't very high tech and can't be turned against us. It makes sense when we consider various things in the lore - also fits with Alad saying the Sentients are the boogeyman to the Corpus(They love high tech).

I hope Sentients get the ability to mind control moas, osprey, drones, and other proxies.

that makes sense , you cant really make a sword or a gun not qork for you,. maybe thats the reasoning behind less beam weapons ..?

but in all truth well that would be fun

kind of want to fight hunhow type sentient also....

but sentient enemies are  designed around different adaptions or levels of adaptation right?

that makes sense , you cant really make a sword or a gun not qork for you,. maybe thats the reasoning behind less beam weapons ..?

but in all truth well that would be fun

kind of want to fight hunhow type sentient also....

but sentient enemies are  designed around different adaptions or levels of adaptation right?

I imagine Hunhow or similar Sentients being Archwing bosses - he is absolutely massive. 

I think all Sentients are capable of adapting to and resisting anything that isn't Void energy. The Tenno loadout consisting of 3 weapons and squads of 4 or more, was probably to maximize the chances of Tenno working around the Sentient adaptation.

Some conjecture ive contemplated

After watching the Saryn Prime second video

(I have provided it here if you havent seen)

From this we learn that Executor Ballas was directly involved with Saryn Primes creation and removal of infested from earth (which looks like it was a success IMO) 

Via reading through the crewman synthesis you learn that Ballas conspired to push the sentient project and make it so they were created and sent to tau system. 

its seems to me from this, Executor Ballas would be a likely candidate for also being involved in the umbra project,

it also would appear that the project that produced these frames would crossed an even greater line in terms of how orokin operate by the 7 and from crewman we note Ballas dosnt actually seem to follow the 7 as closely as he would like the others to think.

Some conjecture ive contemplated

After watching the Saryn Prime second video

(I have provided it here if you havent seen)

From this we learn that Executor Ballas was directly involved with Saryn Primes creation and removal of infested from earth (which looks like it was a success IMO) 

Via reading through the crewman synthesis you learn that Ballas conspired to push the sentient project and make it so they were created and sent to tau system. 

its seems to me from this, Executor Ballas would be a likely candidate for also being involved in the umbra project,

it also would appear that the project that produced these frames would crossed an even greater line in terms of how orokin operate by the 7 and from crewman we note Ballas dosnt actually seem to follow the 7 as closely as he would like the others to think.

Even more proof, I guess, a twtter post by Stave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4ldsvVbjA  Recognize the character/actor from Second Dream? He's big part of a major cinematic Warframe quest this year!

Even more proof, I guess, a twtter post by Stave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4ldsvVbjA  Recognize the character/actor from Second Dream? He's big part of a major cinematic Warframe quest this year!

Uhm, I'm not sure Umbra will be related to the quest, as Steve said they might end up releasing Umbra without any "system", while the quest will be released for sure, no matter what.

This to me implies that the quest will go live regardless of Umbra being in there.

Uhm, I'm not sure Umbra will be related to the quest, as Steve said they might end up releasing Umbra without any "system", while the quest will be released for sure, no matter what.

This to me implies that the quest will go live regardless of Umbra being in there.

that was due to the ..aggressive twitters he was receiving 

in all hopes i hope we see some orokin experimental site or laboratory were the primes came from 

I've been hearing about Excalibur Umbra since mid last year and had hoped to have been able to get it before the end of 2015. Sadly this was not the case, as DE announced they needed more time to work on bringing it into the global build, as well as working towards making the Umbra series a more important part of Warframe.

I'm sure they have talked about Excalibur Umbra in Devstreams, but I would like to ask everyone and anyone to share any information on Excalibur Umbra and it's release as possible.

I know I'm not the only one losing their head in anticipation of this amazing concept, so a collective of information might help others interested become more informed as well.

Please feel free to share any information you wish to share about Excalibur Umbra and it's release, as well as the Umbra series.

Please be nice and considerate if your info contradicts anyone else's.