The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

I'm still slightly salty about china getting special treatment. It's "supposedly" a different game. Just like warframe on consoles was "supposedly" a different game. Console tenno never got a shot at ANY sort of founders deal (Don't care about excal prime, my post is not about bringing him back.) Although they basically took excal prime gave him some more gold trimmings and shipped it to the chinese warframe build.

So all in all consoles got screwed royally.

PS. Renown packs don't count as a founders package. I'm guessing the large majority of console tenno would've rather had an exclusive deal to their platform than just cheap cosmetics.

they game was founded on pc 

and im more asking is that the only reason you want the Excalibur umbra or is there more to it 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

they game was founded on pc 

and im more asking is that the only reason you want the Excalibur umbra or is there more to it 

The game was founded on north america pc, not china pc. The fact is warframe was already a stable game with grounding when it launched on china, they never 'founded' anything, they just got a translated earlier port of our build.

Meanwhile consoles were a complete jump from one platform to another, a gigantic step forward for DE.

A chinese PC, is for the most part the same as a north american PC

4 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

The game was founded on north america pc, not china pc. The fact is warframe was already a stable game with grounding when it launched on china, they never 'founded' anything, they just got a translated earlier port of our build.

Meanwhile consoles were a complete jump from one platform to another, a gigantic step forward for DE.

A chinese PC, is for the most part the same as a north american PC

still not answering the question t... ^ this is the same issue we have heard to many times to count

the question is 

WHY do you want Excaliber Umbra?

not to go off on founders and chinaframe

please answer the question as it was presented , this is not a debate on that topic tenno

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

It would be real unwise to want him because he's an excal upgrade before we know he's actually an upgrade.  Sidegrade is still a very real possibility.

that is also true^ 

but to many times do i get a retort that is our only reason for wanting him, i just dont see that as true

On 3/15/2016 at 11:54 PM, LazerSkink said:

I struck the motherload of Umbra screenshots.

**(Bear in mind that the first screenshot is of Umbra with the Proto skin, second being Mordred Helmet. I only acknowledge this due to the fact many have asked about alt skins/helmets compatible with Umbra. As seen, he can equip any Excalibur cosmetic.)

I may need to split this into multiple posts because there may just be a tad bit too many.

This was absolutely exhausting. Have fun.

Reveal hidden contents

RAKowFaclCIAAAAAAAEUxX6lbr451.jpg

RQKowFZFW_EAAAAAAASSr2fPR4U81.png

RQKowFYmTsgAAAAAAAf1836s-Yg29.png

RAKowFZkYTQAAAAAAASr2GSNdHU80.png

RQKowFYsMisAAAAAAASdNTtCBG010.jpg

RAKowFaQ8cMAAAAAAATOHGPXDvc15.png

RQKowFYnFPMAAAAAAANxwXT_zs814.jpg

q0FRDF5.png

Reveal hidden contents

a55553117fec66c098b26d47641e444a.jpg

RAKowFap66cAAAAAAAMaXkBDdtE65.jpg

RQKowFY2_-oAAAAAAAQhJmJn28Q72.jpg

f97aac80c6733dc4ab138591e6dd1617.jpg

6ba28f805ba11438ea69c117854750da.jpg

b702598ca22e9b81a02a6441d5fa92dc.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

RAKowFaZm2wAAAAAAAanenFuNvg62.png

5f80bd2d26dc387f941ad87844bc120a.jpg

884f09b3af1e614cb80f99a2c9998fe5.jpg

If you were referring to me, I hope I have been of service. I'll continue providing more screenshots, but I will no longer discuss the topic. I have had it with the debates, arguments, speculation, toxicity, and especially the fan concepts. It was fun the first few months, but I no longer want to hear fan concepts-either official information or nothing at all.

So...i noticed that in the last picture of the second set that his helmet is a different color from the rest of his body...sup with that?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

still not answering the question t... ^ this is the same issue we have heard to many times to count

the question is 

WHY do you want Excaliber Umbra?

not to go off on founders and chinaframe

please answer the question as it was presented , this is not a debate on that topic tenno

that is also true^ 

but to many times do i get a retort that is our only reason for wanting him, i just dont see that as true

Why does it matter? If you're hellbent on knowing, it's mainly just due to the exclusivity of excal prime. Excal would be the only frame without any upgrade (or sidegrade) on the globsl builds (namely console, with PC having prime) due to the exclusivity of the primed version. Another reason is that there's always the possibility of china getting our primes. Doesn't seem fair to let them take everything and us getting nothing from them.

6 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So...i noticed that in the last picture of the second set that his helmet is a different color from the rest of his body...sup with that?

He was using the Immortal Skin, and as with all frames the parts not affected by the skin adapt to the skin's color.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

He was using the Immortal Skin, and as with all frames the parts not affected by the skin adapt to the skin's color.

But the immortal skin's color set also affects the color of the helmet and in this case that didn't happen so...is that a bug or just a hint that we can color our helmets separately from our body in the future?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

it's mainly just due to the exclusivity of excal prime. Excal would be the only frame without any upgrade (or sidegrade) on the globsl builds (namely console, with PC having prime) due to the exclusivity of the primed version.

that is  all I wanted to know , nothing more or less

and it is what it is, tenno , whats done is done. 

2 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

But the immortal skin's color set also affects the color of the helmet and in this case that didn't happen so...is that a bug or just a hint that we can color our helmets separately from our body in the future?

possibly its due to how the color  is applied via primary , secondary and the tints 

D3A4jpR.jpg

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that is  all I wanted to know , nothing more or less

and it is what it is, tenno , whats done is done. 

possibly its due to how the color  is applied via primary , secondary and the tints 

D3A4jpR.jpg

I see what you mean and that could be it, but with every prime frame, with or without immortal skin equipped, tint 4 is always the gold bits with anything else it might affect included...after it received it's pbr i mean. And that doesn't seem to be the case with the picture i put above showing the gold bits on his helmet are red as to his body being just the regular gold.

1 minute ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I see what you mean and that could be it, but with every prime frame, with or without immortal skin equipped, tint 4 is always the gold bits with anything else it might affect included...after it received it's pbr i mean. And that doesn't seem to be the case with the picture i put above showing the gold bits on his helmet are red as to his body being just the regular gold.

maybe it is a hint that helm customization colors will be separate 

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Interesting. The colour chooser on PC goes:

Primary

Secondary

Tertiary

Accents

Energy

i did not know that o. o [console] 

42 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I see what you mean now. The tint 4 applying to the helmet makes sense, I didn't seem to notice the crescents and other metal bits on his body weren't affected.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive seen many users in other threads make some posts

"the reason they want  umbra excal is its" ..... " a gold plated Excalibur" ,"because they missed founders" " re-branded Excalibur prime" ect the list goes on.... 

now im not trying to pick a fight or start an argument here so please dont start salt throwing, i do agree there are many who desire excal umbra due to it being a direct upgrade to vanilla excal frame, as the only current direct upgrade is excal prime which is locked to founders via exclusivity and rightly so.

but....

is this the only reason we want umbra excal, is this the singular reason we care so much about this frame? 

personally, there are quite a few reasons for me besides this "upgrade" factor 

I prefer excal umbras appearance to vanilla excal and even the prime excal

the lore concept around it has me fascinated in its role with the orokin and tenno, as well as our past

also ... there is more then just Excalibur umbra, more umbras will follow 

what mechanics and passives do the umbra variants have that differs them from primes? how can they best be used in squads

what was the cause for umbras by the orokin, who developed them, are they separate from other frames in terms of how they were created?

what happens if a prime and umbra clash in battle?

do you feel the same , or do you have different reasons tenno?

I don't want him just because he will satiate the desire for excal prime for people. I want him because I think he flat out looks better than any other warframe released in the past three years. Basically I want just excal umbra because he looks gorgeous and in my opinion BETTER than normal excal prime. To be blatantly honest. I don't want them to give him separate abilities or anything of the sort, passives are fine but when I get him I want to still be using basic excalibur just with better looks. If they change that or his appearance I'm not so sure I'll feel the same level of hype for him as I do now

Edited by Demoonic

8 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I don't want him just because he will satiate the desire for excal prime for people. I want him because he flat out looks better than any other warframe released in the past three years. Basically I want just excal umbra because he looks gorgeous and in my opinion BETTER than normal excal prime. To be blatantly honest. I don't want them to give him separate abilities or anything of the sort, passives are fine but when I get him I want to still be using basic excalibur just with better looks. If they change that or his appearance I'm not so sure I'll feel the same level of hype for him as I do now

Equinox is the prettiest 'frame, and that's including Excalibur Umbra. Fite me IRL, bruv.

1 hour ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

Why does it matter? If you're hellbent on knowing, it's mainly just due to the exclusivity of excal prime. Excal would be the only frame without any upgrade (or sidegrade) on the globsl builds (namely console, with PC having prime) due to the exclusivity of the primed version. Another reason is that there's always the possibility of china getting our primes. Doesn't seem fair to let them take everything and us getting nothing from them.

I'm not defending what Changyou does to their version of the game, but you have to understand that this is a whole nother' country on the other side of the world. They didn't just port it over to a console here in america they gave it to a company based in a completely different part of the world, so their standards for producing games might be radically different from ours. Also what have they taken from us? The IP? If anything we've gotten more exclusive items than they have because Their items are timed exclusives. 

21 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i use the long silk syandana works well for me ...

Personally I use the hulta and the telos syandana. Any other armor/scarf set looks too big on her, even when she's in day form. Poor Oreo bby :(