The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

They hinted something about there being a big quest which would shed light on the creation of the Warframes, no?

Discussing Warframe variants would be interesting.

I'm assuming the quest with Ballas will result in us getting/unlocking Umbra.

Honestly, even if they were to release excal umbra, I wouldn't even care anymore.

In my eyes it's just a half rotten horse of a tease.

I've grown quite tired of this topic - throw it in the cornfields and let it rot there in silence.

Edited by Gemenai

48 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Honestly, even if they were to release excal umbra, I wouldn't even care anymore.

I've grown quite tired of this topic - throw it in the cornfields and let it rot there in silence.

Well most of us are still hyped for Umbra, so no, we won't "throw it into the cornfields and let it rot". 

If you've got nothing positive towards the Umbra discussion, please leave in silence. We don't care.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

59 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Then why did you bother coming here and making a post if you don't care anymore.....This thread is meant for people to talk about Umbras and their mysterious concepts, if you don't care about it anymore then there's really no reason to stay, you're not being forced

Edited by Demoonic

4 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Then why did you bother coming here and making a post if you don't care anymore.....This thread is meant for people to talk about Umbras and their mysterious concepts, if you don't care about it anymore then there's really no reason to stay, you're not being forced

As you may have noticed, I cared about it at a certain point of time.

Maybe I wanted to show my frustration about the time passed since that topic has been teased?

Maybe I just wanted to express my frustration about the fact, that this topic gets avoided by DE, quite a number of Devstreams in a row now.

Or maybe I just got past the initial hype and would like to see the actual product after such a long time of waiting.

Naaaah!

But sure, keep telling me to shut my mouth, because you don't like my critique/opinion.

It's not that I'm writing this in the thread which is meant for that topic

Freedom of speech also doesn't exist.

Reading between the lines is a myth.

59 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

As you may have noticed, I cared about it at a certain point of time.

Maybe I wanted to show my frustration about the time passed since that topic has been teased?

Maybe I just wanted to express my frustration about the fact, that this topic gets avoided by DE, quite a number of Devstreams in a row now.

Or maybe I just got past the initial hype and would like to see the actual product after such a long time of waiting.

Naaaah!

But sure, keep telling me to shut my mouth, because you don't like my critique/opinion.

It's not that I'm writing this in the thread which is meant for that topic

Freedom of speech also doesn't exist.

Reading between the lines is a myth.

You want to get rid of this topic(or this thread in a way) while people still want to talk about it. Then you go ahead to say we are telling you to shut up when we say"Well if tou don't want to talk about it then leave." if you don't want to talk about it in the UMBRA DISCUSSION THREAD then leave th thread that simple. And you respond with some half thought up gibberish about freedom of speech. I'd like to ask you....Are you high? Yes you might be frustrated but just say it don't word it weird were it sounds like your some troll coming here to bother people.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

17 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

You want to get rid of this topic(or this thread in a way) while people still want to talk about it. Then you go ahead to say we are telling you to shut up when we say"Well if tou don't want to talk about it then leave." if you don't want to talk about it in the UMBRA DISCUSSION THREAD then leave th thread that simple. And you respond with some half thought up gibberish about freedom of speech. I'd like to ask you....Are you high? Yes you might be frustrated but just say it don't word it weird were it sounds like your some troll coming here to bother people.

Don't bother with him. 

To be honest, I'm no longer that psyched about the Umbra coming.

From the rework of Volt and suggested rework of Mesa peacemaker from the recent Devstream, I'm 80% sure Umbra will just be like Primes (normal frames with small stats changes and a passive) which will probably end up as mastery fodder or make Primes mastery fodder.

I'm still hoping Umbras will be frames with same theme as their Prime and normal but different abilities altogether which synergizes with the Primes' and normals' abilities but it seems really unlikely now.

9 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

From the rework of Volt and suggested rework of Mesa peacemaker from the recent Devstream, I'm 80% sure Umbra will just be like Primes (normal frames with small stats changes and a passive) which will probably end up as mastery fodder or make Primes mastery fodder.

I'm still hoping Umbras will be frames with same theme as their Prime and normal but different abilities altogether which synergizes with the Primes' and normals' abilities but it seems really unlikely now.

they said its apart of something more akin to the second dream..which brought the focus system 

so we may be looking at more abilities/passives which and umbras will be key to squad design 

3 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

There was no reason to think that way in the first place. He's still Excalibur Umbra, not a completely different frame. 

4 minutes ago, Demoonic said:
  Hide contents

had me rofl xD

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

There was no reason to think that way in the first place. He's still Excalibur Umbra, not a completely different frame. 

yea it is still an Excalibur  .....

-animation alterations(nikana(p?) instead of skana)

-umbra passive 

this is about all i hope for in truth

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

had me rofl xD

yea it is still an Excalibur  .....

-animation alterations(nikana(p?) instead of skana)

-umbra passive 

this is about all i hope for in truth

Same, Keep em the same in terms of playstyle but add different passives/buffs so that he's different at face value. I know it's not what everyone wants but I think it'd be very unwise to alienate him too much

I just wanted to know: does anybody know how in the chinese server a player gets Umbra? It's just curiosity.

Is it a quest? Void run? Moon run? Vault run? Umbra access?

Also, does he have a different lore or something? I keep searching and searching, all I learned is that he has better stats than Excalibur Prime.

I know it isn't fixed and that he may change when he comes over, but I just got curious

It was their founder access. You can't get it anymore (afaik that access ended long ago) and it will never return- just like excalibur prime over here.

EDIT: Also- they got excalibur umbra PRIME- we won't be getting that. Only excalibur umbra. DE hasn't established any lore for the umbras, and they're taking their time so they actually mean something and are not just another alt form that means nothing.

Also- any stats over there can be disregarded completely. They are balanced entirely separately from our version of warframe.

Edited by Stratego89