The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

lets go in steps

We had Exca prime, China Didn't
China made Umbra to take place of Exca Prime for them
Both have exclusives then

It would at least makes more sense to make Umbra a skin instead of another warframe slot here, as we already had  Exca prime.

And WTF do console players get? Sodomized...

1 hour ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

lets go in steps

We had Exca prime, China Didn't
China made Umbra to take place of Exca Prime for them
Both have exclusives then

It would at least makes more sense to make Umbra a skin instead of another warframe slot here, as we already had  Exca prime.

A very small portion of players have Excalibur Prime. I'd rather have an improved Excalibur variant over an umpteenth Excalibur skin, especially since Tennogen exists as well.

4 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I'm excited to see how they fit into the story, they said he's gonna be somethin' big and important to the lore....exciting 

Honestly at this point, that sounds about as exciting as watching a PowerPoint presentation on dust particles. I just want the looks, lore couldn't play less of a part in my mind after all this time.

5 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

I think when Umbra gets released, the Excalibur on the PS4 dynamic them should turn into an Excalibur Umbra and the D nikana turn into a Nikana Prime.

I've only seen a dark screenshot of the theme, but isn't it just the regular Nikana?

EDIT: I failed to realize that there's an announcement on the top of the page, so never mind. It's a regular Nikana.

Edited by LazerSkink

Honestly I don't care the umbras other than Excalibur, for me excal umbra is a compensation to excal lovers as we will never have the chance to get Excalibur Prime. So it is not a side grade, for most players it is a direct and the only upgrade of Excalibur.

12 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Honestly I don't care the umbras other than Excalibur, for me excal umbra is a compensation to excal lovers as we will never have the chance to get Excalibur Prime. So it is not a side grade, for most players it is a direct and the only upgrade of Excalibur.

true that.

for me it will be a main warframe for use ...

12 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

This goes for all console players even for founders who switched to console.

13 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I agree in the sense that I only care about Excal Umbra. But since I already have Prime I just want  him because he looks waaaay better than Prime IMO

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Just put the prime helmet on umbra and let your imagination run wild. Thats what I do with the prisma skin......*cries*

Unless they PBR Prime I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole lol. That's why I don't use him default

Also I want to add that DE are going to be giveing us Umbra at some point, but considering how long its taking is taking the P and well they have some "great idea", that Umbra whuold be 2nd Dream level of LORE and content. How or why they are doing this is beyond me, and if its just for THAT frame alone, then alot of people will be dispointed. Cuz I will be expecting More then just Excal Umbra, if they are taking their sweet time about it.

I expect about 3-4 Umbras or even 5. Volt/Mag/Umbra and Maybe Ash or Loki.

Cuz atm everyone believes, this "Big Lore" is just a excuse.

41 minutes ago, -Ksaero- said:

Guess they are, the quality is too high for a PS'd chinese screenshot. The original source is unknown, took them from a public page of russian social network.

Just to clear up confusion and misinformation, those images are photoshopped. Taken from the Chinese version of the game with the global build title, build and login overlayed.

And those screenshots really aren't high quality to begin with.

46 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Also I want to add that DE are going to be giveing us Umbra at some point, but considering how long its taking is taking the P and well they have some "great idea", that Umbra whuold be 2nd Dream level of LORE and content. How or why they are doing this is beyond me, and if its just for THAT frame alone, then alot of people will be dispointed. Cuz I will be expecting More then just Excal Umbra, if they are taking their sweet time about it.

I expect about 3-4 Umbras or even 5. Volt/Mag/Umbra and Maybe Ash or Loki.

Cuz atm everyone believes, this "Big Lore" is just a excuse.

the whole reason it took long was because they had no idea how they wanted to introduce the Umbras. I suppose now that they know what they're doing with Excalibur, it shouldn't take any other Umbras nearly as long after they're announced to release them.

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Just to clear up confusion and misinformation, those images are photoshopped. Taken from the Chinese version of the game with the global build title, build and login overlayed.

Couldn't find anything that looks like an original chinese screenshot, do you have them?

I also made a post with one of those screenshots not long before posting here, guess it needs to be deleted too.

7 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Welp. 

Train+crash+test_4feb3f_5327427.gif

Just now, Ellthan said:

Oh yeah I had forgoten about this. When founders to go console they lose excal prime.

Why was this done again?

So us console users wouldn't complain about people coming into our game with items better than ours that we never had a chance to get. In short It would be completely unfair for console users.