The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

42 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

My friend is betting Umbra is going to get released 6 weeks tops from now, who else wants in on that bet 

I think when they are done with a pax east...a week after that,Umbra will be relased :)

As the title says, I need some Clarification on Excalibur Umbra. I was looking for Info on Excalibur Umbra but most of it is bits & pieces and not really thorough (For me) So I just need some Clarifications on this Warframe. 

But then again, the Devs haven't given us sufficient Information, yet sooooo

1. I learned that the Chinese version of Warframe is not the Same as Warframe (Or so I heard) so would that be implying that we would have our own version of Excalibur Umbra?

2. I also learned (Or heard) that the stunning and glorious Excalibur Umbra is from a Chinese Founders pack, does this affect us in any way?

3. I also learned that his Scarf is apparently is seperate item, would this be true, or someone just loves spilling out False Information?

That's all. While there's not much Info on this Warframe I just want to be enlightened so if they alter him in any way I won't have my expectations shot down like when a Scorpion grapples on to me when in Mid Air and I happen to fall into a endless pit and have all my Abilities canceled... Sorry if I have any grammatical errors.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

1. They got Excal Umbra Prime, we will be getting Excal Umbra.

2. No, see above.

3. I've heard nothing about that.

I heard that it's apparently just called Excalibur Umbra in China's Warframe. The 'prime' does not exist in the name apparently - need a clear source to confirm.

2 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

All I want in this game post U18 are warframes that are NOT controlled by Tenno children. I hope and pray that umbra is DEs way of allowing that to be possible but I doubt it. I just LOVE the idea of warriors donning the frames...Here's to hoping.

Or just mute them in the settings :P

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

There is already a thread of 87 pages of NOTHING.

They have said nothing, we know nothing.

the op has a various sections with all current knowledge given by DE and changyou 

majority of info and design is based on the china variant, but the model we the global build receives is 94% same to the china variation 

excalibur umbra prime (read FAQ if you want the basics in op)

we know the stats of the china variant and what is allowed by that variant in terms of cosmetics and powers

as it is a excal variant it should have the same powers and mechanics of the vanilla, along with the umbra mechanic ( unknown)

in terms of what comes with that frame,lore or mechanics is unknown , as de steve put it, surprises are a good thing.

we know the umbra excal like his prime brother is the first of a new type

excal prime was the first warframe and layed the groundwork for the primes and the vanilla standards that are the later mass made products 

excal umbra will be the herald of the umbra variants which will be a more ..restricted pool than the prime variants, only certain frames will have an umbra variant 

so while every warframe will have a prime , not all frames will have a umbra 

a dark and twisted variation of the frames we know .....

we do know umbra will be coming soon with a quest, which may answer the many questions regarding the umbras, origins and even what are warframes? 

till then tenno what we have is discussion on what could or could not be 

excalibur_umbra_soon__by_drkmako-d9xvm5d

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

You think the Umbras are like, failed prototypes of Primes. They said they're warped and darker versions of the Primes we already have. Or maybe they're just alternate universe primes idk

Edited by Demoonic

4 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I heard that it's apparently just called Excalibur Umbra in China's Warframe. The 'prime' does not exist in the name apparently - need a clear source to confirm.

ya there's no sucha thing like Umbra Prime. dunno why ppl came with that 

1 minute ago, Demoonic said:

I think there was a post made a while back saying theirs was prime? I can't find the source though

It was along the lines of that being Chinaframe's equivalent to Exalibur Prime. That, and we might have Umbra without the Gold.

5 minutes ago, XaxalShiba said:

It was along the lines of that being Chinaframe's equivalent to Exalibur Prime. That, and we might have Umbra without the Gold.

I don't know where the assumption that our version was going to look different from theirs started, DE never stated that we'd get a visually different version of Umbra. It might have started when they said the chinese Umbra was equivalent to our prime so they assumed Umbra Prime was a thing 

Edited by Demoonic

7 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I don't know where the assumption that our version was going to look different from theirs started, DE never stated that we'd get a visually different version of Umbra. It might have started when they said the chinese Umbra was equivalent to our prime so they assumed Umbra Prime was a thing 

Steve tweeted something along the lines of our version being "mostly" the same. 96% or something. Someone posted it here. 

Methinks this just means the gold parts will be re-colored. Probably to red.

8 minutes ago, XaxalShiba said:

Steve tweeted something along the lines of our version being "mostly" the same. 96% or something. Someone posted it here. 

Methinks this just means the gold parts will be re-colored. Probably to red.

He only said to be 94% sure that our umbra would look the same as the chinese one.

Not sure if he told it as 94% chances of both umbras looking the same (most likely) or 94% similarity between both Umbra models.

PD: I don't use Twitter, similarities with the name of the user who asked to steve about umbra looks is just a coincidence.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Added clarification