Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add 1st person view

JessicaHay

1 minute ago, MichaelMW28 said:

from your demand for a first person view to actually change the whole game.

I demand a lock to this thread!

i wouldnt call it a demand, all we are doing he is holding a discussion how to actually add FP to this game. So therefore there isnt a reason to lock this thread

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Thats why i want a stand-alone mode if it is to be in the evolution engine at all.

I much rather have a FPS game that is Corpus and Grineer. We play a military shooter/rpg and on occasion face off against the Tenno.

Just imagine a squad of corpus against grineer Team Deathmatch. Then mix that up with Deus Ex, Doom, Halo and you got some solid fun :)

44 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

so.. you basicaly want a different game....

41 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Haha ! It wouldn't work without needed change. Yes. A new game mode or a spinoff (mod is better I think to try this out if DE are legally OK with that) is what needs to happen for ALL aspects of Warframe to work IMO.

You want a different game, and I agree with Lorian that you should go game design and make it yourself if you want this concept to be so.

And I am quite confused how you have nearly 8,000 posts, have been here for 3 years, and are now saying you would "Much rather prefer an FPS" in Warframe. After so much time put into Warframe, you say you want it to be a different game... k.

Sidenote: You say  "What we want is a Warframe FPS mod to be created."   The author of the thread joined ~a week ago and you kind of hijacked the thread. The argument would make more sense to me if it were her arguing it, not a 3 year vet who's played and communicated on the forums for so long. Her request is that she felt it made things look better to her, and moving the display of the camera was preferable to her. You took that, then switched it to " The rules need to be altered to fit first person, hitboxes, enemy behavior, level design, pathing and so on. " ie. recode the whole damn game. >.> No <.<

" Look at Titanfall. Look at Firefall/Halo/Unity/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena ; there are ways. " Yeah, there are ways... known as DESIGNING THE GAME FROM THE BEGINNING TO FUNCTION IN THAT MANNER. Halo/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena, these were not designed as third person games then rebranded as first person.............................................................. You do get that part, right? These games weren't third person games rebranded as first person to meet a niche, they were designed to suit the first person perspective from the earliest stages of development.

As for camera swap idea, that's already a rare occurrence and not a terrible thing. I've had it happen to me 3 times wherein I played "first person" for the duration of the mission. I'd take that camera swap long before playing this new game you've conceptualized.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/32993882481640520/28E2CE06463C06655083D395E17453C90501CECF/

Edited by NoLife
Sidenote additions

Even if you can get past the "Getting sick from all the bullet jumps and movements" part, developing first person mode will take quite a bit of development time for something that won't be bringing them immediate profit. It's not as simple as just putting the camera inside your frame's head. This game wasn't made with first person in mind. There's gonna be a lot of polishing and, again, it probably isn't worth DE's time.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

THEN DONT USE IT . sheesh 

There is no point making it, Its a bad system because the game is too fast paced for it. It will be a time sink for the developers for no reason since most people wont use it.

I would rather they work on systems that will actually make the game better on the long run than working on dumb systems that will be of no use.

16 minutes ago, NoLife said:

You want a different game, and I agree with Lorian that you should go game design and make it yourself if you want this concept to be so.

And I am quite confused how you have nearly 8,000 posts, have been here for 3 years, and are now saying you would "Much rather prefer an FPS" in Warframe. After so much time put into Warframe, you say you want it to be a different game... k.

Sidenote: You say  "What we want is a Warframe FPS mod to be created."   The author of the thread joined ~a week ago and you kind of hijacked the thread. The argument would make more sense to me if it were her arguing it, not a 3 year vet who's played and communicated on the forums for so long. Her request is that she felt it made things look better to her, and moving the display of the camera was preferable to her. You took that, then switched it to " The rules need to be altered to fit first person, hitboxes, enemy behavior, level design, pathing and so on. " ie. recode the whole damn game. >.> No <.<

" Look at Titanfall. Look at Firefall/Halo/Unity/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena ; there are ways. " Yeah, there are ways... known as DESIGNING THE GAME FROM THE BEGINNING TO FUNCTION IN THAT MANNER. Halo/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena, these were not designed as third person games then rebranded as first person.............................................................. You do get that part, right? These games weren't third person games rebranded as first person to meet a niche, they were designed to suit the first person perspective from the earliest stages of development.

Hijack? No. Apoligees to OP if I came across that way.

I have the benefit of having played Warframe for years,  and being a fan of good FPS games.

I think we MAY  be able yo have both. I am in no way trying to tell you how to feel. I strongly encourage you to form your own opinion. 

To those who are saying your camera angle would swirl around if you bullet jumped in FP, there ARE ways to keep camera straight while doing stuff like that and rolling.

But in all honesty? I don't think a first person mode for warframe would go so well considering how much time it'd take to rig literally every single weapon to newer arms and do animations for that too. Not to mention the weapons as is would actually look pretty bad in first person. They were made to be seen from 3rd person, not first. Theres no moving parts, and then to make it more first person indepth you'd need new arms and animating everything would take forever.

5 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

it only would make 99% of the player comunity sick when used because of the constant screws you jump or rolls, or backflips...

Does Mccrees roll in Overwatch spin the camera? It could work similar in Warfarm, all pointless motion removed from first person and basically just use the current 3rd person camera but close up with gun in corner

Just now, Kurnuttaja said:

Does Mccrees roll in Overwatch spin the camera? It could work similar in Warfarm, all pointless motion removed from first person and basically just use the current 3rd person camera but close up with gun in corner

i dont know, i dont tend to play overhyped games (personaly i dont like the gamesytle).

and if you remove all camera actions for yourself (so you basically dont see yourself), you would have the same strange Arm/weapon overlay from Battelfield.

If you want a reason why this would not happen. Go and play Archwing, see how long it takes to get motion sickness with the SoTR system, then picture that in the normal game. It you want first person in Warframe though, sniper scores show what it would be like, which is incredibly awkward to say the least. You undershoot your jumps, knock into walls and mess up constantly. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

If you want a reason why this would not happen. Go and play Archwing, see how long it takes to get motion sickness with the SoTR system, then picture that in the normal game. It you want first person in Warframe though, sniper scores show what it would be like, which is incredibly awkward to say the least. You undershoot your jumps, knock into walls and mess up constantly. 

i personaly dont get motion sick on archwing missions, just so as side info..... it is only anoying that i cant spin on command (i still presse Q and E all the time and nothing happens)... if only the map wouldnt be 2d static...

Hey look it's another one of these threads...joy. It seems like we average two to three of these a week anymore. Please for the love of god just let the idea die already. There are hundreds if not thousands of first person shooters out there...pick one. People experienced motion sickness from one of nezha's abilities and with the latest archwing changes. Even if it's an option it won't appeal to all of the community and it would take a lot of work to do and DE wouldn't really make anymore money off it. There is so much more work that could (or needs) to be done to Warframe that would benifit both DE and the community. 

4 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

i wouldnt call it a demand, all we are doing he is holding a discussion how to actually add FP to this game. So therefore there isnt a reason to lock this thread

Before we discuss this, how about we discuss what exactly is the point of first person view in a game that was built around being in third person?