Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove Grineer from Derelicts.

Xekrin

At the very least their numbers should be cut in half.  At the very very least take out napalms and hyekka ladies.  I don't know how the AI vs. AI works but I have this sticky nagging feeling that most kavats are dead before I make it halfway through the mission.  And with the need to go slow, CC everything and scan for hidden kavats, it is sickeningly difficult to locate them amongst all the gun battles against infested.

Before the added grineer, I could do derelict exterminate and encounter 3 or 4 kavats easily solo and this was before SoTR so I didn't even get anything for scanning them.  Now with grineer I get 1 or 2 maybe per mission and trying to keep the grineer from killing the infested (isn't that my job anyway?) whilst also trying to NOT kill the kavats is just frustrating.

Drastically increasing the % drop of genetic codes would be nice too.  I know that it took like 2 years before kubrow eggs were dropped more commonly but considering they are from Earth, had 2 to 6 chances per mission, don't require scans and are in a map against level 3 to 6? enemies, it just feels a bit unfair to make kavats so much more difficult to obtain.

I know they are new and there is the plat option and that is why they are keeping the drop rate low but it is still pretty bad even considering that.

Also I finally built my heliocor which makes it so much easier to solo hunt for codes but not so great in groups since scans aren't shared and only the person who gets the killing blow gets the scan.

Back to the original point, these are "derelict" ships, not grineer, I understand a small force of grineer popping in occasionally to do whatever they are doing there, but it really feels like over half of the required exterm enemies are grineer not infested.  Perhaps it is because I've spent the last year of seeing only infested their, unless a vault is found then some corrupted but it really feels like they are taking over.

That was much longer than intended TL:DR So many grineer do not belong in Derelict missions, especially higher tier napalms and Hyekka flamethrowers.

Thanks

Edited by Xekrin

or they could just fix the flame based weapons covering 360 degrees and going through walls causing damage even when you haven't seen the grineer soldier...

I do agree about increasing dna drops and I'd also like to see public groups in derelict, I've never had a public matchup there (obviously coded that way) and it just makes no sense.   Up until recently I had found 0 kavat dna scans, I've recently tried again and getting 1 to 2 scans if I'm lucky (cephalon scanner with double scan and speed scan mods)

Also I've found a use for Oberon (along with the flame repellent mod), he works pretty well at finding kavat scans as he doesn't kill them in melee etc, also the heal ability (3) is good when dealing with the bugged grineer flamers

Edited by LSG501

2 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Cat ladies is least of the problem. Scorch fighting other mobs damage you out the blue across the tile and through walls. They need to be fixed, its frustrating.

Yes that too, but bugs aside I just feel like they are killinig them a bit too quickly, its an infested mission plain and simple, they (grineer) shouldn't be the main threat.

As a side note, Rebecca I believe has mentioned scorches being looked into so hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Edited by Xekrin

Feral Kavats are noticeably more durable than the Grineer units you see in the Derelicts. I doubt they're dying before you reach them.

Just now, Trichouette said:

Anyone care to explain to me why are grineers on the derelict in the first place ?

Searching for Orokin artifacts.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

You can't really remove master hyekka from derelict without removing all the grineers, the master hyekka has been made especially to fight infestation.

Anyone care to explain to me why are grineers on the derelict in the first place ?

Did they change it on pc? On ps4 atm there's a chance grineer would appear in derelict. They usually don't but sometimes it can happen, like ice or fire in a normal level. 

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

You can't really remove master hyekka from derelict

Weird how I completely forgot about that, I suppose that is why the grineer are there now, hyekka masters looking to build up their own kavat clone army.  Regardless, I still feel there are way too many grineer there right now.  

Drop the bugged scorches completely, have two teams of support units for two hyekka masters and it would be good enough to make sense lore wise.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Did they change it on pc?

Oh yes, wait until you get SoTR, they are in every exterminate mission that I've played thus far.  Also capture, can't be sure of the others except that defense obviously has none.  Pretty sure survival either, but the non endless ones do.