Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IMO] Warframes' issues

(PSN)bddacres

2 minutes ago, D20 said:

Title edited. Please don't do clickbaits : the name looked like a doomsday thread.

It wasn't a click bait... it was discussing what could possibly be the downfall of warframe: lore and endgame content.... now if i added a ? or a ! then it would most definitely be clickbait lol

34 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

So i met a fellow warframer today and we had a discussion about the current state of the game... He made a very interesting  point. Destiny is an amazing game but the gameplay is boring to play... waframe is a amazing game with good game play but the story is underwhelming and there isnt any content to experience once you reach a point of "late-game". This is not a Destiny vs. Warframe thread it's just a realization that warframe has potential. WIth a little work it can surprise most of the games available....

Thoughts? 

you do realize that the story is hidden in the lore of the game, right? every tileset, every location, sigil, codex entry, trailer, it's ALL important, and it fleshes out the story in a piecemeal way. The story is fantastic, you just have to look for it.

25 minutes ago, H2K3 said:

You do know that this is a beta, right?

There's a story coming still.

Oh, please.

Warframe is in endless "beta" so that DE can make drastic changes to the game while keeping their patooties covered. I'm not entirely sure whether this immunizes them from consumer protection laws set forth by the EEC (or whatever consumer rights organization), but that's academic.

Genuine betas are meant to be a complete experience when released. Warframe is full of ancient, forgotten, deprecated and unavailable content like Moonlight Threshcones and rare mods given away in contests or events 2-3 years ago.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

you do realize that the story is hidden in the lore of the game, right? every tileset, every location, sigil, codex entry, trailer, it's ALL important, and it fleshes out the story in a piecemeal way. The story is fantastic, you just have to look for it.

i already know ever inch of the warframe story....but like you said they are hidden.... and also it's very scarce. The best source of info is the codex entries

Betas normally don't take 4 years.

They also normally don't include a cash shop before release. If they do, it's only released close to actual release.

This is not a beta, despite what people may say. Unless you actually believe 100% what companies are telling you... which... if you've ever run a company, you know how it actually is.

It's convenient to call it a beta for DE because: 

1. White knights eat it up

2. it's a convenient excuse for everything that is not up to standard... i.e. the fact that I suffer from some glaring bug at least once per mission. Maybe once per few missions. But it's sad when everyone is dealing with bugs everyday in this supposed "beta"...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

i already know ever inch of the warframe story....but like you said they are hidden.... and also it's very scarce. The best source of info is the codex entries

the void tileset is a huge clue into the true identity of margulis. this story, before it gets updated with lore that connects the dots, it all seems nebulous at best. but again, once the patches hit with that lore update, all that nebulous information coalesces into a singular truth that dawns on the player like figuring out a massive puzzle. This means that the impact that the story has on the player is awe-inspiring(see reactions to TSD) because of the fact that we spend so much time wondering. it's like the old saying goes, starvation is the best spice for a meal.

Just now, Rawbeard said:

The beta argument does not hold these days. at all.

Except Destiny (for some reason), Trove, and every other Beta game.

9 minutes ago, Kastorius said:

Oh, please.

Warframe is in endless "beta" so that DE can make drastic changes to the game while keeping their patooties covered. I'm not entirely sure whether this immunizes them from consumer protection laws set forth by the EEC (or whatever consumer rights organization), but that's academic.

Genuine betas are meant to be a complete experience when released. Warframe is full of ancient, forgotten, deprecated and unavailable content like Moonlight Threshcones and rare mods given away in contests or events 2-3 years ago.

Lot's of things were supposedly endless betas. Guild Wars 2 (the base is no longer a Beta) for example. Sometimes, Betas just take long. Look at Starbound. Suposedly an endless beta. Minecraft too.

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

the void tileset is a huge clue into the true identity of margulis. this story, before it gets updated with lore that connects the dots, it all seems nebulous at best. but again, once the patches hit with that lore update, all that nebulous information coalesces into a singular truth that dawns on the player like figuring out a massive puzzle. This means that the impact that the story has on the player is awe-inspiring(see reactions to TSD) because of the fact that we spend so much time wondering. it's like the old saying goes, starvation is the best spice for a meal.

I'm  not starving im just hungry......................Warframe has so much potential... Just add a endgame and i will dump my money at their feet 

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

I'm  not starving im just hungry......................Warframe has so much potential... Just add a endgame and i will dump my money at their feet 

the problem is that any endgame the dev's pump out we find a way to cheese it to uselessness. hence why every endgame idea DE has come up with gets obliterated by the playerbase.

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

most corpus

ivara can lock down entire maps with sleep arrow and huge range.

Vauban with bastille.

Inaros with sandstorm.

Frost with avalanche.

Ash with bladestorm.

there are MANy ways to cheese a game mode. and yes, that means even in spite of bursa and nullies.

39 minutes ago, -Shadow-Sky- said:

Again warframe is WIP in terms of story

maybe...in a year or 2 we'll have a full story 

I Play Destiny Alot but it has a story locked behind cards and isn't presented so its acutally worse than warframe

But you gotta to say Raids and PVP are actually fun to do :P

2 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

i mentioned destiny as a comparison...many people get triggered and start arguing how warframe is better than destiny while completely missing the point of the thread 

You say this isn't a Destiny vs Warframe thread yet you literally compare the two in the beginning of the OP.

I think you're the one who's missing the point of your own thread.

The story is underwhelming because it was pretty much non-existent or at least not that focused on until Second Dream came.

Those big story quests are still on their way but they'll take a while. I wouldn't want them to rush because of quality like Second Dream.

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The issue with the story is that DE seems to tie each story addition to some event or gameplay change.

They need to separate the story to big stuff and start doing smaller stuff. Or even side stories that dont have to do with the main storyline.

Like a Darvo vs Maroo event where you choose who to give stuff you find from missions. Or make it a 3-way with Baro.

Or Vay Hek is up for reelection against Tonal Drump and we fight for the one we want to be in charge. Spy missions where we steal votes.

Some one needs to be in charge of coming up with inventive stuff to mess around that is not just farming.

Warframe needs story in the smaller stuff. IMO, the main game needs a story, not just in the quests, but from the moment you start the game, an actual story needs to carry you through the game. Story needs to be integral to the progression of the game (that is, the progression through the star chart). This story doesn't need to be some big setpiece after big setpiece. But it needs some narrative progression to give meaning to what you're doing. That story should dictate the kinds of items you can acquire throughout the game, the kinds of cosmetics you have access to, the visual styles of the Grineer and Corpus, etc. Everything that's in the game should factor into the story, and the story should factor into everything that's in the game. In some circles, this is called narrative design, more or less. If DE would come up with a start-to-finish (but open-ended finish) story for Warframe, then that would give them focus for what features and items to add to the game, so that the game isn't a make-it-up-as-we-go perpetual beta.