Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let nikana stay in hand when back holsters are used.

Kainosh

Just remove that "sheathe" animation when back holsters are used. So when melee equipped you have nikana in your hand (like one handed sword), while sheath stays on your back (frame do not holster it after each attack)

Same for quick melee. Let blade snap to hand on attack...but sheathe must stay on back.

1 minute ago, Kainosh said:

Just remove that "sheathe" animation when back holsters are used. So when melee equipped you have nikana in your hand (like one handed sword), while sheath stays on your back (frame do not holster it after each attack)

Same for quick melee. Let blade snap to hand on attack...but sheathe must stay on back.

darn.... for some reason I was hoping it would stay on back when the update came on the ps4

its rather pointless for anyone who would try to have a katana on their back then place the case at the side when they use it...... that really defeats the purpose

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart

24 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

never understood why they are called sheaths in warframe, its clearly scabbard, and while we are on the topic of katana's being held out of said scabbard would love it the judgement stance always held it in two hands

*looks up Scabbard to see what the difference between it and a sheath is*

"A Scabbard is a sheath..."

Also this:

28 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It's more complicate than it can look.
Sheath must come to the hip when used because some stance use it as a second wepon. It also used as "shield" when parry.

plus quick melee assumes the nikana will be at the hip. It would look equally awkward for the sword to teleport to the hip for the quick melee as it would to teleport to your back after you sheath it.

Edited by AXCrusnik

2 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

*looks up Scabbard to see what the difference between it and a sheath is*

"A Scabbard is a sheath..."

there is actually a fine difference between the two, both serve the same purpose but sheaths are tyically made of softher materials, thin leather or plastic for example. A scabbard is typically made of harder materiel, wood, metal or in some cases hard thick leather.

Agreed. I was pretty disappointed when I found out that during sheathing it's the same as always and when the animation ends it  magically teleports on my back. However, I DID SEE an animation when that was not the case and it was placed on my back without sheathing it in hand first so it's most probably bugged.  Also, we still can't set the distance between the weapon and our frames' backs and I am having the sword in thin air (or it clips into some frames completely). They should really look into all holsters.

Edited by Momo93

is this really a thing in the game possibly or this is preferred weapon placement?  I'm not sure by reading all of this.  Though it would be cool to have the scabbard on the back versus the hip.  However, having it on the left hip is based samurai placement. I would like to add that the nikanas in the game need to come with a shorter sword pair.  2 blades on the left indicate that that person is a legit samurai.  Then again having a back mounted scabbard and then a lower back scabbard with the blade's hilt facing left or right is also an idea.  Or...we could just decide how we want the placement to be. 

The real reason this happens is because they don't have a system that can alter the animations on-the-fly for the different holster positions.  And they won't spend the time doing new animation sets for all the different positions - like they won't do unique skeletons (and animating them) for the different Warframes so stuff clips on some of them, hangs way away from the body on others.  Though at least with the new system - if they ever get around to implementing it with cosmetics - would alleviate a lot of placement issues with that stuff.

Its intended solely to make your weapons look good when walking around and doesn't extend to when your using them. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

is this really a thing in the game possibly or this is preferred weapon placement?  I'm not sure by reading all of this.  Though it would be cool to have the scabbard on the back versus the hip.  However, having it on the left hip is based samurai placement. I would like to add that the nikanas in the game need to come with a shorter sword pair.  2 blades on the left indicate that that person is a legit samurai.  Then again having a back mounted scabbard and then a lower back scabbard with the blade's hilt facing left or right is also an idea.  Or...we could just decide how we want the placement to be. 

We're not Samuri, we're Ninjas. 

4 minutes ago, Incunabulum said:

We're not Samuri, we're Ninjas. 

that's not the point.  I understand that it is solely based on ninjas, but there are instances and influences of samurai ideologies and general combat.  For example: the stance mod called Decisive Judgement is a two-handed stance.  Two hands is how every katana is meant to be held i.e. the nikana.  Not to mention we have samurai armor pieces that we are able to put on our warframes.  As I said, it would be nice if we had an option to place our swords how we wanted to.  Even Teshin uses a samurai's loadout.  I'm not here to pick fights. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

that's not the point.  I understand that it is solely based on ninjas, but there are instances and influences of samurai ideologies and general combat.  For example: the stance mod called Decisive Judgement is a two-handed stance.  Two hands is how every katana is meant to be held i.e. the nikana.  Not to mention we have samurai armor pieces that we are able to put on our warframes.  As I said, it would be nice if we had an option to place our swords how we wanted to.  Even Teshin uses a samurai's loadout.  I'm not here to pick fights. 

I wasn't intending to pick a fight, I was just making a snarky comment.  While we're at it, Nikana & shortsword stance - let's get our Musashi on.