The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

It's most definitly lowered per numbers but it's quite a lot for the nonexistant interaction you put behind it...case, please realise that this hightended loot made you unable to do anything else!

Interaction? i can shoot my guns on all other frames the same way. nothing about this toggle makes Nekros "engaging" at all. The extra loot we had before wasent "taking over" nekros at all. tis all he has.. becuase all his other skills are just plain bad. make the other skills not crap and we might not care about a nerf to desecrate.

Loot for the complete disable of a Frame Spot... in squads, even in your Frame selection as one apparently doesn't uses necroc for anything but loot generation...much working?

You may wanna try the terrify augument or actually using his shadows...extra loot as you stunlock and use the Aggro and damage of scaling enemys is not to be underrestimated. 

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Who said it was working? im saying being a lootbot is the only thing he was good at. they took that away from nekros without fixing his other skills. in fact they went as far as straight nerfing him. so now he is not even a lootbot anymore. he just a worthless frame now.

23 hours ago, (PS4)ChiefsFury1984 said:

Yeah it does not always give loot but when it does it's clearly a lot more then b4 & I'm not even using boosters & have seen an increase in loot since the health orbs drops were reduced 

I don't really need loot for desecrate. Health orbs, however, have been fundamental to my SotD builds with Despoil and Equilibrium.

Pre-rework experience: Cast Desecrate twice, max energy bar, minimal decrease in hp, spawn 20 shadows, instant 90% damage reduction.

Post-rework experience: Toggle Desecrate, max energy bar, hp drops from 700 sth to a whopping 200, toggle off desecrate because I've lost too much hp, spawn 7 shadows that both taunt and suffer a DoT to make them less tanky, unstable 90% damage reduction because it drops 1/7 when one shadow dies.

I'm not very "experienced" in using Nekros, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good change.

Edited by Guest

Terrify is a midranged STUNLOCK CC, among the strongest Effects in the game and it is NOT affected by LoS.

And even his apparently "nerfed" shadows (less, stronger on not as heavy strength builds, most definitly more aggressive AI) bring me up to a average of 50+% damage dealt even on runs that don't yet have scaling kick in...

That you are unable to use or appreciate his other abilitys doesn't make them less strong or the effective not using of necros himself for a little more loot more desireable?!

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Terrify is a midranged STUNLOCK CC, among the strongest Effects in the game and it is NOT affected by LoS.

You mean slow Nova? Or do you want a CC that does actual stunlocking instead of snaring, such as Frost Avalanche, or Rhino Stomp, or Atlas Petrify?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

And even his apparently "nerfed" shadows (less, stronger on not as heavy strength builds, most definitly more aggressive AI) bring me up to a average of 50+% damage dealt even on runs that don't yet have scaling kick in...

That you are unable to use or appreciate his other abilitys doesn't make them less strong or the effective not using of necros himself for a little more loot more desireable?!

No, he isn't desirable. Minions in video game history for necromancers have always been keeping the necromancer himself alive, because a DD or DoT minion has much weaker attack power than the necromancer. It's good that the shadows taunt, but the health drain was unbearable.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I feel like I have more health orbs now? I'm not against hightened or a again seperate health dropp Chance tho..

Even with more health orbs, it's not going to help since the drain on health is so massive that my health bar drops to OHKO levels even if I'm running Eris, with level 30 something enemies.

11 minutes ago, Madho said:

You mean slow Nova? Or do you want a CC that does actual stunlocking instead of snaring, such as Frost Avalanche, or Rhino Stomp, or Atlas Petrify?

No, he isn't desirable. Minions in video game history for necromancers have always been keeping the necromancer himself alive, because a DD or DoT minion has much weaker attack power than the necromancer. It's good that the shadows taunt, but the health drain was unbearable.

Even with more health orbs, it's not going to help since the drain on health is so massive that my health bar drops to OHKO levels even if I'm running Eris, with level 30 something enemies.

You have CC, shadows which pull Aggro away from you and even damage Migration upon your shadows for quite a good percentage. On top of loot which supplies you with energy at all times.

Does any other CC heavy Frame have to means the substain himself? Or, as it boils down to the same thing as you substain yourself by Orbs, frickin extra loot?

Is any other CC Frame as tanky?...

(Btw allways a good move to mention O.P. Meta Frames. Bad move when someone is able to argue....)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

16 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You have CC, shadows which pull Aggro away from you and even damage Migration upon your shadows for quite a good percentage.

90% dropped to 71% in seconds? Yeah... no.

Does any other CC heavy Frame have to means to substain himself? Or, as it boils down to the same thing as you substain yourself by Orbs, frickin extra loot?

Is any other CC Frame as tanky?...

Inaros, Chroma, Volt... you name it. I could go on, but what's the point......

On top of loot which supplies you with energy at all times.

I don't care about energy or loot. As long as I survive, it helps. Present Nekros does not allow that because I have to cast Terrify AND SotD heals every 3 seconds to avoid dying, in addition to the absurd health drain with desecrate, which cannot be compensated by health orbs summoned alone, as opposed to simply casting Terrify and the occasional SotD every 30 seconds or so. Pre-rework Nekros gave me a lot more freedom and time to do what I want, not casting three times in ten seconds.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Madho said:

90% dropped to 71% in seconds? Yeah... no.

Inaros, Chroma, Volt... you name it. I could go on, but what's the point......

I don't care about energy or loot. As long as I survive, it helps. Present Nekros does not allow that because I have to cast Terrify AND SotD heals every 3 seconds to avoid dying, in addition to the absurd health drain with desecrate, which cannot be compensated by health orbs summoned alone, as opposed to simply casting Terrify and the occasional SotD every 30 seconds or so. Pre-rework Nekros gave me a lot more freedom and time to do what I want, not casting three times in ten seconds.

You .... have to Cast high performance CC in 3 second Intervalls which extends this duration by far, occasionally catching bullets which migrate to your summons instantly, that take care of the majority to begin with, which have exponential scaling health?...

Go on with the exageration... Lemme just Grab a Lil Popcorn real quick...

Absurd health drain...yea... sure...i run a 100% efficiency build and hardly EVER dropp under Max health (and lets ignore that there's Mods like medi-ray)

Point is that he ranks among these now? Are they Bad?! Is he as Bad as you point him to be when he is indeed in the Position to rank among them?!? And again. None of these give even the tiniest bit extra loot performing the same.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I like the changes to SoTD except the health decay. That was pretty stupid to include. 

If we're going the decay route at least allow the shadows to gain Nekros's passive. Or allow the shadows to also heal when Nek picks up a health orb (energy orb with Equil). 

I didn't use desecrate too much so I can't speak on those changes. I honestly think desecrate should be a passive. (Or just outright replaced)

I'm also scratching my head as to why Soul Punch was left untouched. That ability is horrible and only provides support when you have the augment at the cost of all your darn energy! 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lilg31 said:

I like the changes to SoTD except the health decay. That was pretty stupid to include. 

If we're going the decay route at least allow the shadows to gain Nekros's passive. Or allow the shadows to also heal when Nek picks up a health orb (energy orb with Equil). 

I didn't use desecrate too much so I can't speak on those changes. I honestly think desecrate should be a passive. (Or just outright replaced)

I'm also scratching my head as to why Soul Punch was left untouched. That ability is horrible and only provides support when you have the augment at the cost of all your darn energy! 

I would've liked it if that passive sharing to shadows was included to award killing and desecrating more enemies, to also solve the decay issue even if just by a bit.

Like some other guy suggested, I'd like Soul Punch to be a cone-ranged attack that ragdolls any enemies nearby the reticle of whichever enemy you first hit.

Upon more fiddling around... I'm actually liking this a tad more.

So the build I'm using now is as follows (no augments, note):

Warframe0819.jpg

A far better result, this time in Sedna survival. Stayed until the Bombards ended up wrecking my booty.

This time I could run both Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead quite well -- casting some punches and terrifying some enmies in between-- and thanks to Equilibrium I was able to stay up in health and energy quite well too. A couple of moments where even after activating Zenurik I had some issues, but those were the intense ones.

So on my end I think the only single thing that needs to be tweaked right now is Shadows of the Dead. While this time I was having no issue with energy, it's true that you find yourself recasting it far more often that what you would like. So this needs a look -- whether you guys want to cut down something there, or straight out remove it.

I still say that the Shadows could use some compensation multiplier-wise, but I want to take a look at it more calmly.

7 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You .... have to Cast high performance CC in 3 second Intervalls which extends this duration by far, occasionally catching bullets which migrate to your summons instantly, that take care of the majority to begin with, which have exponential scaling health?...

I have to rapidly cast SotD because my shadows were dying way too fast. As a result, I often find myself with much less energy to cast Terrify. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Absurd health drain...yea... sure...i run a 100% efficiency build and hardly EVER dropp under Max health (and lets ignore that there's Mods like medi-ray

I run a 73% something efficiency build. I need to dump blind rage, intensify and power drift on him just to get the 90% damage reduction. I cannot use fleeting expertise or transient fortitude thanks to the health drain. Moreover, RNG plays a major role. If I desecrate 20 corpses, yet only get 7 health orbs in return, there is a straight decrease in health that I cannot compensate unless I use Lifestrike (which decreases damage output and eats up energy when I need to cast SotD), medi-ray (occasional and unreliable triggering) and syndicate procs (same as medi-ray). 

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Point is that he ranks among these now? Are they Bad?! Is he as Bad as you point him to be when he is indeed in the Position to rank among them?!? And again. None of these give even the tiniest bit extra loot performing the same.

One, they're not bad, not even Nekros. It's the changes that made him weaker than before. Two, I don't care about loot.

I'll just use hydroid for loot. Hydroid has alright abilities. Nekros now has inferior looting and his shadows are terrible. I don't even know what were they thinking.

Even if you remove health drain from shadows aka give infinite duration... Nope, still rubbish. Although without duration it will have some entertainment value. Right now it's just... Ugh. And this frame is next prime? Expect tigris prime to have 2000 Base damage in pure slash and galatine prime 300 Base damage. Anything less to offset completely dumpster level frame as next prime just won't work.

13 hours ago, F4talFr4me said:

Well. got told to leave a rank 3 fissure mission cuz i died twice becuase my nekros was getting pounded to oblivion. guess its becuase if you dont have Shield of shadows augment nekros might aswell just leave the game permanantly.

It takes more than that. It takes equilibrium, health conversion, despoil, p continuity, and shield of shadows to make him survivable. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

It takes more than that. It takes equilibrium, health conversion, despoil, p continuity, and shield of shadows to make him survivable. 

Blind Rage, Streamline, and Primed Flow, and... oh wait, we don't have any more room :P oh! and Power Drift.

This isn't including Arcane Pulse to help balance out despoil a lot easier, and Arcane Energize to help...

Hmm.

9 hours ago, Madho said:

-snip- 

173 or 73? Cause i find it hard to believe that you were able to substain shadows, leftalone regular terrify use without constant desecrate Spam.

And ...like the criteria for Max damage Migration was any lower before?!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

39 minutes ago, achromos said:

Blind Rage, Streamline, and Primed Flow, and... oh wait, we don't have any more room :P oh! and Power Drift.

This isn't including Arcane Pulse to help balance out despoil a lot easier, and Arcane Energize to help...

Hmm.

I don't run power strength. Lol it's next to useless. 200 power strength means shadows take 2x damage from shield of shadows :D on top of health decay so it basically means they die the same regardless. 

Edited by (PS4)salovel1991

20 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Though not affected by line of sight it is affected by number. As for mid-range, eh 15m of crowd control on 20 enemies. That's kinda bleh. At any moment there can be more than 20 enemies in a 15m range. Soul punch is crowd control on one enemy with only 500 damage. I like Nekros but that first ability is pretty bad. No AoE damage, blasting the target away, and dealing a low amount of damage. I know power strength helps but power strength makes shadows die a little faster with shield of shadows. Nekros has low armor ratings too. Meaning you need survivability through health conversion or shield of shadows.