Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

the nerf SOTD, now if hyekka spawn cat, they become undeads so, SOTD it's seems the DE not understand how is weak, because is really weak , and now more then before, i test in sortie exc, and i see the enemies not distract from undeads and attack me and the excavator, so what is the utility of this power? just for Fan?For the Nekros change you disapont me DE,not a good work

2 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

hyekka spawn cat, they become undeads so

This part. The summoned Hyekkas from Hyekka Master feels a little annoying for me, especially when I wanted to put a more tall, obvious aggro unit instead.

Perhaps they shouldn't be counted in as Shadows, but instead they die as well when the Shadow Hyekka Master dies? The only issue they wanted to solve is perma-ally Hyekkas staying on the team, this should be a good solution to the problem, instead of including them to the 7 shadows limit.

16 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

This part. The summoned Hyekkas from Hyekka Master feels a little annoying for me, especially when I wanted to put a more tall, obvious aggro unit instead.

Perhaps they shouldn't be counted in as Shadows, but instead they die as well when the Shadow Hyekka Master dies? The only issue they wanted to solve is perma-ally Hyekkas staying on the team, this should be a good solution to the problem, instead of including them to the 7 shadows limit.

It would already be a good thing, and you should also use the Brood Mother

Just now, LunarEdge7 said:

And they should seriously make the Boiler shadows actually do something. At least spit some acid or spawn weak aggro units upon its death..

yes, the Boiler is very weak, and i have to say then the infest suffer the % health decay to mouch

On 2016/8/11 at 2:07 AM, 5HV3N said:

Displaying their count and and provided dmg reduction is a nice touch. But there is no indication of their state on screen, and as such you never knew when to recast. I ended up either overcasting skill and completely draining my energy pool or seeing them expire, and in the end feeling like returning to not-casting them at all and using that energy on terrify or even soul-punch.

This^^

The problem of health decay is "unpredictable", they can die by decay, damage transfer from shield of the shadow, or simply enemy fire.

Recast it still costs full energy that is way too much. But if you don't recast often, they will die a lot faster than the older duration limit.

There are 75 pages of feedback, but I don't see any sign of improvement from the dev...

11 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

This^^

The problem of health decay is "unpredictable", they can die by decay, damage transfer from shield of the shadow, or simply enemy fire.

Recast it still costs full energy that is way too much. But if you don't recast often, they will die a lot faster than the older duration limit.

There are 75 pages of feedback, but I don't see any sign of improvement from the dev...

I hardly have any problems managing my shadows' health decay though, as when I cast them, I often stick around them. Just hover my reticle over to an enemy and check whether I need to recast.

When you leave them behind to kill without you in range, you mind as well let them kill till they decay. Recast to get them to your position. Basically for me, I believe you're supposed to stay with your shadows.

But any boost of QoL to Nekros is good, so I'll take it either way if they decide to state their health on top right of my screen.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:50 AM, Matt89Connor said:

so it's a nerf for your build?

Not really, it just changes how you go about things a little. More emphasis on moving around and picking up health orbs and managing health, and a bit higher skill cap in when to do what as for where you move, but on the other hand it also gives you more opportunity to fire your weapon, iirc.

Have only noticed since the last patch, though have not used Nekros vs infested in a couple patches, so could be a earlier one..    Maggots are now counting as SotD.    I have had as many as 14 running around at the same time on counter.  Then, wanting them to go away I let the timer run out on them and all my big ones fade, but, i still got 7 maggots running around.   When letting the timer run out, noticed at other times that of my 7, some slots would be taken by maggots so I couldn't bring up newer stronger units till they die.     Low level missions, not an issue.   Up at the 50+ min mark, it becomes a serious issue.  As they will all get insta killed leaving me with one actual shadow.   Please look at this.

No other issues, quite happy with Nekros otherwise.

10 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Have only noticed since the last patch, though have not used Nekros vs infested in a couple patches, so could be a earlier one..    Maggots are now counting as SotD.    I have had as many as 14 running around at the same time on counter.  Then, wanting them to go away I let the timer run out on them and all my big ones fade, but, i still got 7 maggots running around.   When letting the timer run out, noticed at other times that of my 7, some slots would be taken by maggots so I couldn't bring up newer stronger units till they die.     Low level missions, not an issue.   Up at the 50+ min mark, it becomes a serious issue.  As they will all get insta killed leaving me with one actual shadow.   Please look at this.

No other issues, quite happy with Nekros otherwise.

It's because you ressurrected a Broodmother which then spawned maggots. Casting shadows only affects your 7 strongest though, so there's no problem here, it's the same with the Kavat Masters and such.

32 minutes ago, Marceronni said:

It's because you ressurrected a Broodmother which then spawned maggots. Casting shadows only affects your 7 strongest though, so there's no problem here, it's the same with the Kavat Masters and such.

One problem still persists, that spawned shadow maggots/hyekkas/drahks will take up your number of limited shadows. You'll have to wait till less than 7 to spawn other different shadows, which is a little frustrating

7 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

One problem still persists, that spawned shadow maggots/hyekkas/drahks will take up your number of limited shadows. You'll have to wait till less than 7 to spawn other different shadows, which is a little frustrating

That shouldn't be a problem, they said they changed it so it'll always spawn the strongest enemies you've killed

37 minutes ago, Marceronni said:

That shouldn't be a problem, they said they changed it so it'll always spawn the strongest enemies you've killed

New stronger units being spawned isn't the issue.   Its maggots taking up slots beyond seven and outlasting the larger shadows so you cannot summon new stronger shadows.   So you have 7 shadows, brood mothers spawn maggots, now you have 14.   All the larger units die, but the 7 maggots are still running around, not allowing you to summon stronger units.   You have to keep spawning new ones as the maggots die off, using more energy than should be needed.   If one of those new units is a brood mother, the whole things starts again.   In low tier runs, it doesn't matter.   But getting level 100+ enemies its a big issue.

4 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

New stronger units being spawned isn't the issue.   Its maggots taking up slots beyond seven and outlasting the larger shadows so you cannot summon new stronger shadows.   So you have 7 shadows, brood mothers spawn maggots, now you have 14.   All the larger units die, but the 7 maggots are still running around, not allowing you to summon stronger units.   You have to keep spawning new ones as the maggots die off, using more energy than should be needed.   If one of those new units is a brood mother, the whole things starts again.   In low tier runs, it doesn't matter.   But getting level 100+ enemies its a big issue.

I haven't noticed this and I've played a fair bit of Nekros. I thought it would just overwrite weaker shadows and summon stronger ones if they are available. That said you don't really use shadows for their damage output, so it's not really a big deal in any case. Well other things take priority if it is as you say.

I play a fair bit of it as well.   And while not massive, shadows do enough damage to enemies for me to notice.   It doesn't overwrite ones that are still going, if it did it would fix the issue.   Redoing the power only summons new shadows for numbers less than 7 to bring you up to 7.   Might not be much  for you, but it is a real pain for me against infested.  Makes for alot of unnecessary casting.   It has not always been like this.    

To me:

toggle desecrate is good, now with a health orb as a loot from table is bad. Increasing table by 1, is the same as making RNG more RNG.

SoTD, the most failed rework i ever seen. IF DE want to reduce performance usage by SoTD, all you got to do is limit what can be SoTD'ed or what can't. ie, removing shield osprey shadows will reduce potential lag (no shield links/ visual effects)

DE is so inconsistent with their fix approach. Why reduce the numbers of spawns when all you need to do is fix the asset? (shadow). DE's current approach on SoTD is just doing nothing but harm to the potential ability. 

ie, if u want to reduce lag, fix or reduce the amount of assets in play rather than reducing the amount of multipliers of entities that utilize such assets. The problem remains.

And why does DE think that, an additional 17? (whats the last cap?) unit is a burden to the host' hosting capability when the WHOLE WF game is about of numbers, that goes to at least 20+ (the last i seen in a single room in void), excluding those enemy units that on route to players (combat/view area).

Edited by low1991

2 changes to make neo-Nekros great:

1. Make new Desecrate act like old Desecrate, but only when you first activate it. Meaning if you spam it, you get the functionality of old Desecrate, but if you activate it and leave it, you get the new functionality.
  2. Give us a way to root the shadows in place on demand. That way, I can summon them, anchor them near a defense point, and they will be leashed to around 15m from that point. That way they don't end up on the other side of the map or cluttering up the battlefield, since they are hard to tell apart from enemies.

Just think about 2. You could summon them, root them near a Defense Mission Cryo Pod, and know that if you rush across the map to pick up the focus orb, they will still be there protecting your pod.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

2 changes to make neo-Nekros great:

1. Make new Desecrate act like old Desecrate, but only when you first activate it. Meaning if you spam it, you get the functionality of old Desecrate, but if you activate it and leave it, you get the new functionality.
  2. Give us a way to root the shadows in place on demand. That way, I can summon them, anchor them near a defense point, and they will be leashed to around 15m from that point. That way they don't end up on the other side of the map or cluttering up the battlefield, since they are hard to tell apart from enemies.

Just think about 2. You could summon them, root them near a Defense Mission Cryo Pod, and know that if you rush across the map to pick up the focus orb, they will still be there protecting your pod.

I like it. +1

• 2 weeks later...