Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading was I scammed

Incidercat

Question

15 answers to this question

Its not a scam, it falls on you, the buyer to know the price you want to pay for something someone else has. The seller was selling for a price that they wanted to sell for and you took it, you could of refused, but you didn't. No one is at fault but yourself since you should have done more research on current market prices. 

If you found 300 to be an aceptable price then no scaming was done, both players were happy with the value.

I don't see any issue here.

scamming is a reportable offense, this was a simple trade, nothing can be done and certainly no report can be done to appeal to this, he didn't mislead you, he didn't change the price mid trade,he simply provided a value that YOU accepted after thinking it over.

Warframe market and other opinions are always invalid as the price established by a seller is done by said seller, not other ppl, the "could i have paid less" happens all the time, heck, maybe there could be someone who could give it for free, that doesn't mean everyone selling is a scammer or someone trying to rip someone off.

If you found 300 platinum aceptable, then you should be happy, you got exactly what you wanted for the price you wanted.

Edited by KIREEK

11 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

If you found 300 platinum aceptable, then you should be happy, you got exactly what you wanted for the price you wanted.

Paying double what the items worth shouldn't make you happy, regardless of whether or not you thought the price was right at the time. I may find a price acceptable purely because I know no different and have no idea of the worth, finding out that I could of got something cheaper is always going to leave a sour taste.

Additional to what other have said above, it's literally impossible to get scammed in a trade in normal conditions. ( No bugs or anything of that sort). Both sides have to agree to the things that appear on the trading box, any change would result in the trade requiring you to accept it again. Thus, you can't really get scammed, instead you can only be paying overpriced stuff or making poorly decision based trade.

If you got the items you traded for, in this case, a Saryn Prime set, then it is not a scam.

Price is agreed by both parties beforehand and just because you could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, does not mean it was a scam. Trading in Warframe is a free market with no set prices from DE, e.g. X prime part costs this much platinum.

It would only be classed as a scam if, either you didn't get all the items agreed upon or they didn't get the agreed amount of plat when you got all the parts you wanted.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Paying double what the items worth shouldn't make you happy, regardless of whether or not you thought the price was right at the time. I may find a price acceptable purely because I know no different and have no idea of the worth, finding out that I could of got something cheaper is always going to leave a sour taste.

Then you should have made some searches before you agree.