Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka's scope isnt centre

(PSN)Monoace

After playing with the Lanka for a while now and doing some tests with it I have noticed that at close ranges where you're aiming and where you hit id different, Like at point blank against a wall you're hitting nearly off scope to the left.  Now at range this isn't noticeable at all but I tend to run around with a shot charged just in case I come around a corner and an enemy is close and in a few instances I Have walked around the corner and an enemy is really close so I let the shot off and I watch the "Bullet" go sailing off killing an enemy behind him/her.

Is this just me or if this is how the weapon is if so can we have it fixed that it fires inline or have the model shows the scope off centre?

It happens when scoped.

If you have the weapon please go test it out and tell me if this is just me as I tested it with a couple of clips when shooting at a wall.  I started noticing it when I was using a wall to duck behind.  I mean the weapon has enough punch through to go through the wall so I didn't notice it for a while but you can see it go through the wall while scoped in

Edited by (PS4)Monoace

It's a feature of all projectile weapons, the projectile you fire originates at the end of the barrel and as such will not be extremely accurate to the cross hairs up close. Lanka is just far more noticeable than most due to its very long model/barrel. This is also why when you do land a shot up close you'll find it drastically flying off to one side, due to it taking into account where the cross hairs are in relation to the muzzle and trying to intersect at the nearest point (your target).

Fun Fact: As for at range, prior to some update a while back, Lanka had a maximum accuracy range of around 50m, at which point the projectile would always pass through the crosshairs if aimed any further, meaning on top of leading the target you also had to predict just how far off to the side of your crosshairs the projectile would be by the time it reached your target.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

If you fire un-scoped, then it's intended. The non-scoped accuracy is not the perfect 100 with the scope, so you may miss shots.

Where is confirmation for it? I mean, I know DE did this on purpose, but they never mentioned it on DevStreams and you cannot find this particular change in patchnotes. So it is either a stealth-nerf, or unintended bug.

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

Where is confirmation for it? I mean, I know DE did this on purpose, but they never mentioned it on DevStreams and you cannot find this particular change in patchnotes. So it is either a stealth-nerf, or unintended bug.

Been there, argued that, got the T-shirt somewhere. General replies I got were constant COD and BF fan boys swearing up and down that it's fair and balanced to miss a target 10meters away if you hipfire a sniper. One of the many reasons I've given up on such a restrictive unrewarding weapon class in a fast paced horde shooter. 

55 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Been there, argued that, got the T-shirt somewhere. General replies I got were constant COD and BF fan boys swearing up and down that it's fair and balanced to miss a target 10meters away if you hipfire a sniper. One of the many reasons I've given up on such a restrictive unrewarding weapon class in a fast paced horde shooter. 

I think it has its origin not in CoD or BF, but in CS. AWP was/is one-hit-wonder, so in order to balance the unscoped teamwipes Valve made shots random when unscoped. This was a feature with the sole purpose to balace the game for competitive scene. Warframe is not PvP game, and even if it will dive deeper in this direction, it never will become competitve enough to create a pro-scene. Whereas for PvE, you said it yourself, it is a restrictive and unrewarding weapon class.

8 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

I think it has its origin not in CoD or BF, but in CS. AWP was/is one-hit-wonder, so in order to balance the unscoped teamwipes Valve made shots random when unscoped. This was a feature with the sole purpose to balace the game for competitive scene. Warframe is not PvP game, and even if it will dive deeper in this direction, it never will become competitve enough to create a pro-scene. Whereas for PvE, you said it yourself, it is a restrictive and unrewarding weapon class.

Pretty much this, I've been pleading for the removal of hip fire accuracy nerf for months now.

There is a further feature in play which is scope sway. It doesn't bother me much but what this does is make quick scope shots miss sometimes. One way to test this is aim somewhere and then scope in. Usually your scope will point exactly where you were aiming but occasionally it will be way off due to the sway.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Monoace said:

It happens when scoped.

If you have the weapon please go test it out and tell me if this is just me as I tested it with a couple of clips when shooting at a wall.  I started noticing it when I was using a wall to duck behind.  I mean the weapon has enough punch through to go through the wall so I didn't notice it for a while but you can see it go through the wall while scoped in

multishot deflects bullets in a +/- 5 degree cone from the initial impact point depending on distance with the first obstacle becouse de is unable to properly code projectile weapons and refuses to acknowledge any issue with it, some people think it's by design but even then, i made a thread back in the day but it got archived with no reply form anyone.

Thus far i only have confirmed this on bows and lanka but all projectiles when fired through a wall/enemy come out with a different angle than the one they were fired at, assuming entry and exit angles do not have an effect on this, i have calculated empirically that lanka projectiles at 1m of distance from a glass surface in a corpus spy vault the exit angle is deviated by 4.413° regardless of the entry angle, which (the deflection angle) decreases as the distance from the firing point and the entry point increases, something is definitely not working correctly here anyways so the issue should be indagated and addressed

Edited by bl4ckhunter

On 8/15/2016 at 7:00 AM, DarcnyssWolfe said:

It's a feature of all projectile weapons, the projectile you fire originates at the end of the barrel and as such will not be extremely accurate to the cross hairs up close. Lanka is just far more noticeable than most due to its very long model/barrel. This is also why when you do land a shot up close you'll find it drastically flying off to one side, due to it taking into account where the cross hairs are in relation to the muzzle and trying to intersect at the nearest point (your target).

Fun Fact: As for at range, prior to some update a while back, Lanka had a maximum accuracy range of around 50m, at which point the projectile would always pass through the crosshairs if aimed any further, meaning on top of leading the target you also had to predict just how far off to the side of your crosshairs the projectile would be by the time it reached your target.

This is what's actually happening; it's not just the "less accurate hip fire" thing.

Projectiles also tend to "refract" when obstructions are too close to their point of origin, and punching-through walls also has this effect sometimes as well.  

All projectiles are also subject to the ~50m "accurate" range; anything closer requires you to lead to the right and anything closer requires you to lead to the left, give or take.  

14 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

This is what's actually happening; it's not just the "less accurate hip fire" thing.

Projectiles also tend to "refract" when obstructions are too close to their point of origin, and punching-through walls also has this effect sometimes as well.  

All projectiles are also subject to the ~50m "accurate" range; anything closer requires you to lead to the right and anything closer requires you to lead to the left, give or take.  

I chocked it up to the stupid rifle sway issue, but ok. Got another one for you guys though. Same issue but meets magic bullet. Every so often when I need energy and I'm useing Lanka, I'll waste my current shot in hopes that I'll get an energy drop off a canister or something. If I'm close enough to the canister when I fire, I've on numerous occasions received a magic bullet. By this, I mean the round will pull a weird homing shot to the closest enemy target. In some cases, this has actually been behind me. O.o Wat.... any ideas on what that's all about?

8 hours ago, Cortanis said:

If I'm close enough to the canister when I fire, I've on numerous occasions received a magic bullet. By this, I mean the round will pull a weird homing shot to the closest enemy target. In some cases, this has actually been behind me. O.o Wat.... any ideas on what that's all about?

I chalk this up to the "refraction" effect I described earlier, but it may be something different.  

Also, use melee or bullet jump to open those containers. :p

Edited by RealPandemonium

15 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

I chalk this up to the "refraction" effect I described earlier, but it may be something different.  

Also, use melee or bullet jump to open those containers. :p

Naw, not worried about ammo or anything. I typically take out the Lanka for forma building and then I level it in dirty ways that DE hates. I still manage to drop forma in gear at about a rate of 3 in about two hours. See if they rage quit if they ever decide that needs to be nerfed again.

On 15/08/2016 at 7:39 PM, ShortCat said:

It was implemented with that pathetic excuse of a sniper rework.

Because clearly we need something to hinder players away from using a niche weapon class that only a few people cared about.

Also that refract thing. TIL that exists. Why.

2 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Also that refract thing. TIL that exists. Why.

That's what really gets  me.... why? What is the point or use of that?  Even weirder is that I've had it consistently seek out targets. We're not talking a couple of times and that they're close by.  No, we're talking at baffling distances and in some cases, mostly behind cover. Example being the grineer tile with the two curved halls that meet in the junction type area with a short third connector that connects the solid long path that only has one door on it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blocked                                                                                                                              door

---------------------------------------                                    ----------------------------------------------------

[                                   [

[                                   [

------------------------                                     ---------------------------

[                                                                                                   [

[                             junction room                                                [

--------------                                                                                                   ---------------------------------------------------

curved halls                                                                                                                   curved halls

-------------                                                                                                      --------------------------------------------------

[                                                                                                     [

[                                                           crates & lockers                 [

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forgive the bad art, but best way to get the tile in question to show. But I'll shoot a crate in the upper left hand corner with the gun and often times the round will fly off and hit a guy over at the door down the hall. I could chock it up to luck if it was once, but I've had it happen numerous times while dropping forma into Lanka.