Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a burst-fire secondary weapon that doesn't suck?

Siekier

Or at least buff the existing ones like Sicarus Prime, because at the moment they're very underwhelming.

Vanilla Sicarus is rather bad, Prime variant is average at best (having 2 more base damage than standard version but at the same time smaller critical damage multiplier).

The only one left is Kraken, which is well... It's devastating, but only in hands of Grineer Seekers. In hands of our Warframes it's not exactly impressive.

I get it, Sicarus and Kraken are probably begginer weapons and they're not meant to be very powerful, but a small buff to them surely wouldn't hurt.

Sicarus Prime is unavailable at the moment, so buffing it could create some serious salt along with joy (DE y u buff it when we can't get it?! etc.), but I still think it should be stronger, considering it's a prime weapon.

But, as the title says, I'd love to see a new burst-fire secondary. We have tons of bullet hose secondaries, but it's been ages since we got a new burst fire pistol.

Something accurate, with good damage and rate of fire would be preferable to give us the option to have a reliable burst-fire sidearm, something that the game lacks at the moment.

Ballistica/Rakta is technically a burst-fire secondary and it isn't complete trash.

That said I completely agree with a buff to the Sicarus/Prime. Just have it happen BEFORE another similar-but-better weapon is added. Like what happened with the Okina versus Fang Prime.

16 hours ago, Actriaz said:

Ballistica/Rakta is technically a burst-fire secondary and it isn't complete trash.

That said I completely agree with a buff to the Sicarus/Prime. Just have it happen BEFORE another similar-but-better weapon is added. Like what happened with the Okina versus Fang Prime.

Right, I forgot about Ballistica.

True, it's not a bad weapon, it's pretty good in Rakta version though it feels a bit awkward to use with its horizontal spread. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I've heard the Kraken has some incredible damage, if you can control the recoil. I haven't used it since I was still completing the solar map though.

Really? Never heard that. Would be a nice surprise. i also hope that Sicarus Prime could get buffed.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Really? Never heard that. Would be a nice surprise. i also hope that Sicarus Prime could get buffed.

When I leveled it up, it pretty much sucked and sucked hard. I never saw it doing any significant damage and wasn't about to experiment with forma considering its dismal performance.

The SicarusP was never bad as far as damage output, but the recoil was troublesome and the reload excessive. It's a very old weapon and doesn't compare particularly well with either the LexP or AkstilettoP regardless of what you do with it. It could use a buff of some sort, but since its been vaulted, I can't say as I see it happening anytime soon. It'd be a nice addition when unvaulted, however.

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

That would be fun tho i think we need Corpus Burst weapons now since we only have Tenno and Grineer ones.

Now that I think of it, are there even any Corpus burst weapons? I don't think I can recall any.

On 8/15/2016 at 1:52 PM, Actriaz said:

Ballatica is 100% tried and true such @(*()$

The rakta version can get 40k DPS and leaves room for recoil rudction if the wobble bothers you though. 10/10

Edited by Snowbluff

9 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

When I leveled it up, it pretty much sucked and sucked hard. I never saw it doing any significant damage and wasn't about to experiment with forma considering its dismal performance.

The SicarusP was never bad as far as damage output, but the recoil was troublesome and the reload excessive. It's a very old weapon and doesn't compare particularly well with either the LexP or AkstilettoP regardless of what you do with it. It could use a buff of some sort, but since its been vaulted, I can't say as I see it happening anytime soon. It'd be a nice addition when unvaulted, however.

I think the Kraken got a specific buff pass at some point (beyond the QoL tweaks a lot of burst weapons got at the same time as the change to allow the intra burst fire rate to benefit from mods as well), I might be misremembering things, but I could have sworn it used to do 70 some damage per burst, but it now does 90. Though equally important is the change to the way its' recoil works. It still has about as much as it ever did, but with lethal torrent at least, the recoil doesn't really impact the spread of the two shots now. It also settles fast enough on its' own to not impact the effective fire rate.

The down side to that change though, is that it still has the same recoil, just played back much faster. In other words, the Kraken now has perhaps the most violently jerky visual recoil in Warframe. :/ So if you aren't sensitive to motion sickness and migranes, that buff just freed up a slot, but it really didn't do much for those of us who are.

It also suffers from its' lengthy reload time (2.5s for 7 bursts), especially since it can fire pretty quick with lethal torrent. But if you don't mind visual recoil and you run it on a speed Volt or toxic Chroma or something I could certainly see it being a potent enough little pistol. Not top tier by any stretch of the imagination, but effective enough.

From that standpoint I don't think I would say that the Kraken itself needs a buff, but it's venerable enough to warrant a Prisma or a Wraith variant by now. Or maybe be the next Steel Meridian side arm if they do another round syndicate weapons somewhere down the line.

I'd largely agree about the Sicarus P, it's burst dps is pretty close to that of the standard Marelok, but it's reload doesn't keep up with that since it's firing burst about half again as often as the Marelok fires single shots. It's reload probably to ought to be something closer to 1.3-1.5s when you take that into consideration.

As far as the recoil goes though, I've always had sort of mixed feelings. People talk about how awful it is, but it really has quite mild recoil compated to most semi auto and burst secondaries. The problem is that its' internal burst timings are slow enough that the spread between the shots is affected by it.

The changes to changes to burst weapon fire rate helped to reduce that considerably, but not eliminate it. It's not a gun you're likely to be able to put all three rounds on something's head with at 40-45m or beyond. At the same time it doesn't disrupt point of aim much, and it doesn't impact fire rate, unlike the recoil of say the Lex or Vasto Ps (or even the VayLok to an extent). So other than the reload, I find it to be a quite pleasant handling gun.

5 hours ago, Siekier said:

Now that I think of it, are there even any Corpus burst weapons? I don't think I can recall any.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the burst fire Angstrums that the Combas and Scrambas sometimes have.

The one new burst fire secondary I'd like to see is some sort of Tenno pocket Sybaris. With sound effects closer to the original than the Dex, and the same 5 burst magazine as the origianal but with a reload even faster than the Dex (something 1.1-1.3s ish).

9 hours ago, Aglethe said:

I think the Kraken got a specific buff pass at some point (beyond the QoL tweaks a lot of burst weapons got at the same time as the change to allow the intra burst fire rate to benefit from mods as well), I might be misremembering things, but I could have sworn it used to do 70 some damage per burst, but it now does 90. Though equally important is the change to the way its' recoil works. It still has about as much as it ever did, but with lethal torrent at least, the recoil doesn't really impact the spread of the two shots now. It also settles fast enough on its' own to not impact the effective fire rate.

The down side to that change though, is that it still has the same recoil, just played back much faster. In other words, the Kraken now has perhaps the most violently jerky visual recoil in Warframe. :/ So if you aren't sensitive to motion sickness and migranes, that buff just freed up a slot, but it really didn't do much for those of us who are.

It also suffers from its' lengthy reload time (2.5s for 7 bursts), especially since it can fire pretty quick with lethal torrent. But if you don't mind visual recoil and you run it on a speed Volt or toxic Chroma or something I could certainly see it being a potent enough little pistol. Not top tier by any stretch of the imagination, but effective enough.

From that standpoint I don't think I would say that the Kraken itself needs a buff, but it's venerable enough to warrant a Prisma or a Wraith variant by now. Or maybe be the next Steel Meridian side arm if they do another round syndicate weapons somewhere down the line.

I'd largely agree about the Sicarus P, it's burst dps is pretty close to that of the standard Marelok, but it's reload doesn't keep up with that since it's firing burst about half again as often as the Marelok fires single shots. It's reload probably to ought to be something closer to 1.3-1.5s when you take that into consideration.

As far as the recoil goes though, I've always had sort of mixed feelings. People talk about how awful it is, but it really has quite mild recoil compated to most semi auto and burst secondaries. The problem is that its' internal burst timings are slow enough that the spread between the shots is affected by it.

The changes to changes to burst weapon fire rate helped to reduce that considerably, but not eliminate it. It's not a gun you're likely to be able to put all three rounds on something's head with at 40-45m or beyond. At the same time it doesn't disrupt point of aim much, and it doesn't impact fire rate, unlike the recoil of say the Lex or Vasto Ps (or even the VayLok to an extent). So other than the reload, I find it to be a quite pleasant handling gun.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the burst fire Angstrums that the Combas and Scrambas sometimes have.

The one new burst fire secondary I'd like to see is some sort of Tenno pocket Sybaris. With sound effects closer to the original than the Dex, and the same 5 burst magazine as the origianal but with a reload even faster than the Dex (something 1.1-1.3s ish).

As far as I can remember since joining in U9 Kraken was always 90 damage per burst (or 45 per shot if you will), so I don't know about any buffs.

Now, about that pocket Sybaris... that sounds lovely.

2 hours ago, Siekier said:

As far as I can remember since joining in U9 Kraken was always 90 damage per burst (or 45 per shot if you will), so I don't know about any buffs.

Now, about that pocket Sybaris... that sounds lovely.

Ah, well, I guess not then, mind must be playing tricks on me. But the recoil did get a pretty dramatic change though, it used to have more recoil induced spread between the shots than the Sicarus P, now it's kind of like the Sybaris, with fire rate mods it's hard to distinguish it from a semi auto. And then the recoil hits you. :/

But yeah, about that pocket Sybaris... Somebody should get on that, it really would be a tenno reinforcements to look out for. ;)