The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have ive been modding wrong all along?

1 minute ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

primed heated charge requires 6 forma lol. like mine that i cant post :D

Oh Yeah, That's the Mod I was missing... If only Fashion Frame wasn't as Tempting as it is I would have bought it from Baro last week, but oh well, extra bullets+cold are cool too:satisfied:

Edited by Jicematoro
If anyone needs my address to personally come and choke me for that pun, feel free to PM me.

3 hours ago, Slaviar said:
  Hide contents

03375614.png

Op, mind to share screenshot of your build? I have no idea how your crit build could not work. Lex Prime is crit beast even when you don't use prime mods

I ran the crit lex prime before prime mods and honestly it didn't crit hard enough or consistently enough to feel good. 

You will boost your overall DPS, but not critting feels really crap. With both prime crit mods it starts to feel like you are critting often enough (60-70%) for the gun to feel good. 

8 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

I ran the crit lex prime before prime mods and honestly it didn't crit hard enough or consistently enough to feel good. 

You will boost your overall DPS, but not critting feels really crap. With both prime crit mods it starts to feel like you are critting often enough (60-70%) for the gun to feel good. 

Without prime mods it gets 55% and 3.2x modifier which is good. True, it gets real good only after applying them but is nowhere near crap even without them

13 hours ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

am i not allowed to post screen shots from steam? it just wont let me do it

Might be because they don't have a file extension. Seen that issue on other forums as well. It's a limitation of how the software is configured.

19 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

while im at it, anyone have a good opticor build? 

Here. I find the crit chance to be too low to be worth building towards though I know some players do that. If you don't have Piercing Calibre another 90% Elemental mod or Vile Acceleration can be substituted.

The Lex Prime is pretty devastating and I like to mix a bit of Status in with the raw damage and crit to help bring the kill time down a bit with either Viral or Corrosive procs. You can go a raw damage, higher-status set-up too, it works well either way as long as you place your shots.

Edited by WrathAscending

8 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Without prime mods it gets 55% and 3.2x modifier which is good. True, it gets real good only after applying them but is nowhere near crap even without them

From a DPS perspective those stats are fine. The issue is that on a slow firing gun like the Lex you want to be critting on 2/3 of your shots to give you any sense of consistency with your damage.

70% crit is about twice as consistent as 50%. That doesn't matter on something with a high fire rate as you'll average out your damage pretty quickly, on low fire rate weapons, not so much. 

That's why I say the Lex needs the prime mods to feel good. 

16 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

From a DPS perspective those stats are fine. The issue is that on a slow firing gun like the Lex you want to be critting on 2/3 of your shots to give you any sense of consistency with your damage.

70% crit is about twice as consistent as 50%. That doesn't matter on something with a high fire rate as you'll average out your damage pretty quickly, on low fire rate weapons, not so much. 

That's why I say the Lex needs the prime mods to feel good. 

Well, I was using Lex Prime without prime mods for quite some time and never found it to be issue

Edited by Slaviar