Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat dna drop rate

(XBOX)Booga81

Question

Been farming the Kavat dna samples now on Derelict exterminate for just over three hours & I have the large sum of 5 samples now. I just did 10 ext in a row & didn't get a single sample....how is this even possible?

I understand it's all rng but is this how typically they have been dropping on PC? It just seems, to me at least it's not worth the hassle. 

Anyone ne else has better/worse luck?

12 answers to this question

The drop rate is pretty bad. If you're not doing it in a group of 4 you definitely should be. When you're solo each pack of kavats are only made up of 2 kavats. When you're in a group of 4 each pack has about 4-5 kavats. Just make sure everybody takes off their sentinel weapons and brings frames like Vauban, Sleep equinox, sleep ivara.

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

no that sounds about right... if anything you've been pretty lucky....

Supposedly more players equals more kavats and at the beginning on pc that seemed to give better success/drop rates

The thought of spending 6 hours playing  just to get one Kavat fills me with much sorrow....I'm out :D

4 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

The drop rate is pretty bad. If you're not doing it in a group of 4 you definitely should be. When you're solo each pack of kavats are only made up of 2 kavats. When you're in a group of 4 each pack has about 4-5 kavats. Just make sure everybody takes off their sentinel weapons and brings frames like Vauban, Sleep equinox, sleep ivara.

Ok cheers I'll give that a try, I did actually go in as Vauban/remove sentinel weapons :)

From my experience, you have about 3 Kavat spawns in an ODE and it almost always spawns (#players+1) Kavats. This means that you have 6 Kavats solo and 15 in a full group. Combine that with 15% drop chance and you know whats up. Another tip: the simaris double scan update gives two rolls at the 15% if it triggers and can give two codes.

Always bring full man squad, which also increases the number of kavats spawned. Bring CC frames to make sure the kavats stop jumping about and to make sure enemies don't kill them. Upgrade the synthesis scanner to get a chance on 2 DNA codes.

If all else fails, at least bring a Heliocor. You can get DNA with Heliocor kills.

On a full squad run, I usually get 4-8 DNA codes, if RNG was being merciful.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Booga81 said:

Been farming the Kavat dna samples now on Derelict exterminate for just over three hours & I have the large sum of 5 samples now. I just did 10 ext in a row & didn't get a single sample....how is this even possible?

I understand it's all rng but is this how typically they have been dropping on PC? It just seems, to me at least it's not worth the hassle. 

Anyone ne else has better/worse luck?

What scanner are you using? I am using the Simaris scanner with the chance 2x scan widget. You may get lucky and get 2 codes for 1 kavat. I was able to get 21 codes within 20-30 ODE.

Oh, and...      R N G

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

I'm using the codex scanner, never really bothered with the simaris one as that part of the game just doesn't really interest me, mainly due to my d pad not being very responsive so it was always a pain to do.?Maybe now I'll spend some time upgrading it/doing the missions as I have a new pad. 

Solo I'd say I saw round minimum 5 kavats per run, haven't been in with a full squad so I'll try that once Xbox live has sorted their issues out.

How to get Kavat dna

• Full squad= more kavats. Kavats spawn in packs, each pack will have (Num of players in squad + 1) kavats
  • Bring some form of cc (Vaub is best in my experience) and a ev Trin to keep it topped up
  • Use hit scan weapons to avoid killing kavats, likewise avoid area affect abilities including but not limited to Molecular prime, World on fire, and Blade storm.
  • I find the best way is to get a squad of three vaubs and an ev Trin with semi auto rifles

For each derelict exterminate run I usually get around 3-4 DNA

GL getting your kavat, and pray you get a good looking Smeeta :)