Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

multiple accounts

evnas

Question

so after having to check things on my old email for school i found that i had made a warframe account before. After loging in on this old account to see how far i got opening the daily login i was met with a 75%discount! my question is am i allowd to buy plat with this discount and buy/gift things to my "main account" since i have already spend plat on the account i am currently using and dont realy need/want a 2nd account and dont realy plan on ever using it

you can have multiple accounts, there are a few moderators that have started new toons to try out the new game/player experience. however, the multiple accounts cannot interact with one another because that is seen as a work around for some of the timegated systems (Daily Login, Sortie Rewards, Raids, ect)

This might be a question for support or if a CM comes in for confirmation. This similar situation has happened before and they got banned so its best not to risk your account over a discount.

You can have multiple accounts, its how you use them that will get you suspended or banned.

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Honestly i heard horror story about this i would'nt go in this direction.

Keep one account and stick with it.

i was not planning on using the other account in anyway shape or form simply wanted to see at wich i point i quit before and since i am hoping/praying for a 75%off on my "main account" i was thinking maybe i could use this 75%off and then forget about the account since i am not planning on cheesing the daily login

4 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I think the only forbidden thing to do with two accounts is to play them at the same time (like in the same mission), have to read into the ToS again though.

if u do could u post what u find? 

The terms of service themselves forbid multiple accounts, but the support staff and DE Drew have said before that the real taboo is them ever interacting. Like buying and trading platinum, running events to give additional mods to the main account, and stuff like that. If you have a previous account, trading platinum from it to the new account would be a big no-no I am afraid.

2 minutes ago, evnas said:

i was not planning on using the other account in anyway shape or form simply wanted to see at wich i point i quit before and since i am hoping/praying for a 75%off on my "main account" i was thinking maybe i could use this 75%off and then forget about the account since i am not planning on cheesing the daily login

Yeah thats exactly the horror story i'm talking about.

Using a second acout to get 75% rebate to buy plat and transfer to another acount is "A BAN-ABLE OFFENSE" Carefull pal i dont want to lose a tenno for this kind of things.

https://warframe.com/en/terms

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

You can have multiple accounts, but you cannot trade between them or interact with it.

Edited by KJRenz

5 minutes ago, evnas said:

The only thing I found was:

"The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums."

I would guess it is not allowed to use it as you proposed, because you would circumvent the restriction of not having a 75% discount on your main account. Just my guess though, support is the only definite answer you can get.

1 minute ago, KJRenz said:

You can have multiple accounts, but you cannot trade between them or interact with it.

Hmm how do you get the "no trading" part? Is starting a new account and trading a few basic mods from your first account any kind of circumvention of restrictions?

7 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Hmm how do you get the "no trading" part? Is starting a new account and trading a few basic mods from your first account any kind of circumvention of restrictions?

Think of it like this:

My first account was around when the first snipertron vandal came out. If I traded it to this account  in order to get money off it, id be abusing the system. This goes for other things like event only mods. You could trade them to your "new" account in an attempt to generate profit.

These are all hypothetical and like mentioned, its case by case. Just be careful 

3 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

Think of it like this:

My first account was around when the first snipertron vandal came out. If I traded it to this account  in order to get money off it, id be abusing the system. This goes for other things like event only mods. You could trade them to your "new" account in an attempt to generate profit.

These are all hypothetical and like mentioned, its case by case. Just be careful 

i'm not looking to sell the things i would buy with plat to other players for profit. i was hoping to buy the what stalker? pack for my account

Edited by evnas

2 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

Think of it like this:

Your scenario is fully understandable but what about a ranked Vitality or Redirection for personal use? KJRenz made it sound like trading is absolutely forbidden, that's why I'm asking where he got this from or if I am just misunderstanding.

15 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Basically this

You can have multiple accounts, sure. But you cannot trade between them. Like for example, me starting a new account and going to my old account to give my new account stuff like a mod or some plat discount that I got on my old one. You can get banned for that.

37 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Honestly i heard horror story about this i would'nt go in this direction.

Keep one account and stick with it.

This - Keep one account, if for example you want to create a new account it'd probably be better to ask DE support to see if they could either reset your previous account or get rid of it, better safe than sorry in scenarios like this.

9 minutes ago, evnas said:

i'm not looking to sell the things i would buy with plat to other players for profit. i was hoping to buy the what stalker? pack for my account

just don't have the two accounts touch or interact with each other in any way, shape, or form.

Basically this

You can have multiple accounts, sure. But you cannot trade between them. Like for example, me starting a new account and going to my old account to give my new account stuff like a mod or some plat discount that I got on my old one. You can get banned for that.

Like I explained in the post above that, plat discount and event mods, sure, that's kinda cheating. But what about a mod, that is available anytime like a Vitality or Redirection? Do you have any kind of source as to why this is/isn't allowed?

5 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Like I explained in the post above that, plat discount and event mods, sure, that's kinda cheating. But what about a mod, that is available anytime like a Vitality or Redirection? Do you have any kind of source as to why this is/isn't allowed?

It still falls under that rule, they cannot interact with each other. Period.  That's what the link I gave out means. Circumvention of game mechanics/restrictions.

If you ask a moderator or support, they will tell you the same thing.

Edited by KJRenz

The act of buying platinum with one account and gifting it to another that is also in your posession is what I would call fraudulent and malicious use.

The EULA/TOS states:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Your daily restriction to one daily login reward is circumvented if you have two accounts and use one (if you got platinum discounts on that one) to gift platinum to another account IN YOUR POSESSION. You automatically have a higher chance in getting specific rewards and thus an unfair advantage towards other players.

Edited by Proxykon

19 minutes ago, evnas said:

I know. Its just hypothetical. I cant give you a definitive answer but I dont know what will happen. I know you are helping the game out however, if you really feel it will be a problem, contact support.

If you do get approval, make sure you have the credits for both accounts to trade. Trading plat is expensive.

I think the reason its frowned upon is because it was rewarded to that specific account, regardless of its owner. I assume they assume 1 person = 1 active primary account. So its like using multiple instances to get a discount in order to get platinum.

17 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Your scenario is fully understandable but what about a ranked Vitality or Redirection for personal use? KJRenz made it sound like trading is absolutely forbidden, that's why I'm asking where he got this from or if I am just misunderstanding.

I personally think it should be fine for something small. Not trying to break the system but they can look at your trading history and if they find anything suspicious, they can take action against you. I dont condone testing the waters with too much vigor.

Its just a heads up but DE doesnt seem THAT mean to get on you about a few common mods. I however, have never tried trading mods between accounts so I cant say how strict they are on that issue.

Its all about what you do, how you did it and the duration of your action.

Edited by Anatolius

It still falls under that rule, they cannot interact with each other. Period.  That's what the link I gave out means. Circumvention of game mechanics/restrictions.

If you ask a moderator or support, they will tell you the same thing.

Mods do not know. Everyone will tell you something different Mods,support,Forum staff ect. I have asked