The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Master Rank should matter......

(PSN)bddacres

I dun care if it matters or not. I want that [20] beside my name.  And lucky for me, the last 5 weapons I need to grind and throw into the bin are cooking right now. People like me want in in the Olympus of veterans. Others don't really give a damn about it.

Mr is what it is. If it matters or not is up to you the player to decide.

5 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

You are being accusatory to a play style. Not much different to being against a person's habits in real life being labeled in a similar fashion. Its rude.

Again, using Draco is a deterogory term is but you are (an) idiot kys isn't. That seems a little hypocritical dont you think

5 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

You are being accusatory to a play style. Not much different to being against a person's habits in real life being labeled in a similar fashion. Its rude.

Again, using Draco is a deterogory term is but you are (an) idiot kys isn't. That seems a little hypocritical dont you think

57 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

He never said that. I suggest just not replying to this thread anymore as it's gotten incredibly out of hand and isn't constructive to anyone.

Just now, JSharpie said:

He never said that. I suggest just not replying to this thread anymore as it's gotten incredibly out of hand and isn't constructive to anyone.

Focusing on a unintentional use of Draco. I would recommend focusing your attention on the OP and refrain from fueling the "Draco noob " discussion.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Draco is used to refer to payers who have only used draco to level up and is that form of player's may way of playing (was). That definition is in no way negative.

So a player's account history and playstyle is named after a node, is used in a negative light, and you're saying it's not a derogatory term?

Riiiiiiight...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

It's ironic how you focus on the use of the draco when someone in this thread said "your (an) idiot  kys"

We aren't responsible for what other people say.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Draco is used to refer to payers who have only used draco to level up and is that form of player's may way of playing (was). That definition is in no way negative.

Why do you even need a term for it, if it doesn't say anything negative about their skill or knowledge?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Self reflection may present some conflict within but, the term itself is not negative.

This insanely weak excuse is frequently used by people who don't want to admit that their language is offensive. "I don't mean it in an offensive way, and if you take it that way that's because you see that in yourself." So, anyone who is bothered by it is just calling themselves all the negative things that you obviously meant? Brilliant!

Anyway, a MR lock on matchmaking would cause way more problems than it would solve, imo. You are not the first person to bring this up, by far.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You missed the rest of the thread where I said I got it but was trying to get op to say it, because it conflicted with his point. We talked about this idea. Some of us don't think that it's as big of a problem as op thinks, and even if it was MR gates wouldn't help.

You're quoting me out of context, so you're missing the point I made. The full idea is:

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I think a "draco" is, in this context, a player who has done lots and lots of affinity grinding (by cheesing affinity-heavy nodes like the Draco) to reach a high MR very quickly and not develop the skill or practice required to put up with later game content

Also, I read your thread, I didn't think OP was going to explain it, so I took the liberty.

Just a few days ago I was doing a survival on Uranus.

I was MR 9.

My allies were MR 19, MR 21, MR 17.

After the first extract goes up I wanted out because my allies were literally doing no damage and were dying left and right. They run around like headless chickens, one of them dies, one other tries to revive, another tries to kill the mob. They all go down. I would be defending at pretty much the easiest and most optimal area of the map that got a lot of spawn and had two stairways as choke points for the enemies to come through.

I'd have to run over to wherever it was they were, fighting a group of 4-5 enemies, kill the enemies, revive them. And repeat.

Of course, they wouldn't leave.

I ended up having to carry them through 20 hellish minutes. They were all over the map dying to random enemy groups while I sat in my spot and racked up life support packs and kills for us.

For some reason they thought it was a pretty easy run and kept wanting to stay. At the end I was 86% of the damage and over 650 kills. They finally agreed to leave when I said I had had enough and ran to the extract point and stayed there, hiding until they realized it was hopeless without me and they came running to extract also.

And on the other side, I was doing a Neptune run just two days ago, mostly solo because no one seems to want to do pointless nodes to help open the maps up once they're done. For some reason I got a MR 4 Excalibur as an ally. I was worried because I figured I was going to have to carry the guy but what ended up happening was that he actually recovered the data that I had triggered the alarm on and he killed a bunch of enemies non stop opening the map up and basically carried me. With MR 4.

So no. MR is not the end all and it shouldn't matter much if anything at all. And it certainly shouldn't be used to lock players out of contents or maps or parties.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

You're quoting me out of context, so you're missing the point I made. The full idea is:

20 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I think a "draco" is, in this context, a player who has done lots and lots of affinity grinding (by cheesing affinity-heavy nodes like the Draco) to reach a high MR very quickly and not develop the skill or practice required to put up with later game content

Also, I read your thread, I didn't think OP was going to explain it, so I took the liberty.

I get the idea, The point is if we suppose that such people exist than how would an MR lock help?

Just now, DeltaPhantom said:

So a player's account history and playstyle is named after a node, is used in a negative light, and you're saying it's not a derogatory term?

Riiiiiiight...

We aren't responsible for what other people say.

Hmmm... that doesn't contradict at all

But on the OP:

The Mr rank restrictions i was sugustings are not to limit player interaction. Tbh most people use the recruiting use anyway ( they use their own Mr restriction). All i am suggesting is putting player with other players of the same status. The mirage/ simualor combo has ruined the game for a lot of new players

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

But on the OP:

The Mr rank restrictions i was sugustings are not to limit player interaction. Tbh most people use the recruiting use anyway ( they use their own Mr restriction). All i am suggesting is putting player with other players of the same status. The mirage/ simualor combo has ruined the game for a lot of new players

Thing is it doesn't solve the problem either way. 

3 minutes ago, uAir said:

I was MR 9.

After the first extract goes up I wanted out because my allies were literally doing no damage and were dying left and right. They run around like headless chickens, one of them dies, one other tries to revive, another tries to kill the mob. They all go down. I would be defending at pretty much the easiest and most optimal area of the map that got a lot of spawn and had two stairways as choke points for the enemies to come through.

I'd have to run over to wherever it was they were, fighting a group of 4-5 enemies, kill the enemies, revive them. And repeat.

Of course, they wouldn't leave.

I ended up having to carry them through 20 hellish minutes. They were all over the map dying to random enemy groups while I sat in my spot and racked up life support packs and kills for us.

For some reason they thought it was a pretty easy run and kept wanting to stay. At the end I was 86% of the damage and over 650 kills. They finally agreed to leave when I said I had had enough and ran to the extract point and stayed there, hiding until they realized it was hopeless without me and they came running to extract also.

And on the other side, I was doing a Neptune run just two days ago, mostly solo because no one seems to want to do pointless nodes to help open the maps up once they're done. For some reason I got a MR 4 Excalibur as an ally. I was worried because I figured I was going to have to carry the guy but what ended up happening was that he actually recovered the data that I had triggered the alarm on and he killed a bunch of enemies non stop opening the map up and basically carried me. With MR 4.

So no. MR is not the end all and it shouldn't matter much if anything at all. And it certainly shouldn't be used to lock players out of contents or maps or parties.

Your level in cod doesn't mean anything either however is works well in pubs.(imo)

2 minutes ago, uAir said:

I was MR 9.

-snippity-

Your stories made me laugh.  :)

The important thing to remember is: some people are bad at a particular video game. Sometimes playing longer and getting more experience just won't help, no matter what node they play on. Sometimes you end up in squads where people can't really play all that well, and that's okay. It just happens. You know?

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

Hmmm... that doesn't contradict at all

You are actually correct!

My statements towards you are based off stuff you said, when earlier you made a generalization that it's okay for us to belittle you while you can't belittle others, disregarding the fact that it was one person's statement. Again, we are not responsible for what that guy said to you. That guy is responsible for what he said to you.

1 minute ago, DeltaPhantom said:

You are actually correct!

My statements towards you are based off stuff you said, when earlier you made a generalization that it's okay for us to belittle you while you can't belittle others, disregarding the fact that it was one person's statement. Again, we are not responsible for what that guy said to you. That guy is responsible for what he said to you.

Targeting a player for making a statement that unintentionally offend you contradicts the "we cant control others actions" speech 

Can we please just go back to the OP and open another thread for this debate

The only thing MR dictates is how many weapons and warframes you've leveled up. It has nothing to do with skill, nor does it reflect how much skill a player has. I know some MR 4-5 people who are very good at the game, but haven't bothered ranking up just because they like the weapons and warframes they use.

TL;DR - Don't generalize all low-mastery players as people who have little to no skill.

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Targeting a player for making a statement that unintentionally offend you contradicts the "we cant control others actions" speech 

Can we please just go back to the OP and open another thread for this debate

If everything is dropped and the term doesn't come around again im sure it will.

That aside. The MR to MR matchmaking doesn't actually solve much because the distribution will still vary incredibly. There will be both really good and really bad players of the same mastery rank. Forcing people to join within a certain range only makes matchmaking that much more empty.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

You should know that someone is used draco(and only draco) as the sole method of obtaining a higher mr is typical referd to as a draco

He "should" know this?  I've played this game longer than either of you and I've never heard a player called a "Draco".

Realize this is quite a ways down the thread from your original post, but OP, please don't call out someone for engaging in (what you perceive as) sarcasm, and then turn right around and reply sarcastically to someone else. Really makes you look bad.