Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting Requirements for Sunrise Apothic should be changed

Xiusa

7 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

3 missions to get the moss... I had titania building in under 1 hour total... please, this can't be something we need to complain about. 1 hour is too much effort? wow kids are spoiled these days.

Do you realise you need more apothics for getting new auras? It's the only plant that you need several runs to get needed ammount thanks to rare spawns and 25 units requirement.

Edited by ograzzt

36 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

It only took me 10 minutes to get all the moss.... its not that hard to get

18 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

3 missions to get the moss... I had titania building in under 1 hour total... please, this can't be something we need to complain about. 1 hour is too much effort? wow kids are spoiled these days.

I know it isn't hard to get, it's about distribution. Requiring 8 of something that spawns in bigger chunks than something that you need 25 of makes 0 sense. Not sure why you even bother with calling me spoiled when it's not relevant

2 hours ago, Xiusa said:

I know it isn't hard to get, it's about distribution. Requiring 8 of something that spawns in bigger chunks than something that you need 25 of makes 0 sense. Not sure why you even bother with calling me spoiled when it's not relevant

IT doesn't matter. The longest requirement is really all that matters... so who cares? It doesn't matter by how much the shorter requirements are.....

14 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

IT doesn't matter. The longest requirement is really all that matters... so who cares? It doesn't matter by how much the shorter requirements are.....

It does though. It doesn't make sense for it to be this way and the numbers should be swapped. Plus, I care, that's why I am making this thread????

15 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

It only took me 10 minutes to get all the moss.... its not that hard to get

14 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Mind enlightening the rest of us where you managed these feats? I am on hour 3, I have 5. So yes, it should be changed because this is tedious, and boring wandering around looking at rocks. Space Ninjas FTW! Check out these 25 rocks I found with moss on them.

Please, if you found somewhere awesome, share with the class, otherwise, don't be so disparaging to people who provide their honest input which DE is constantly asking for.

26 minutes ago, mostlyerror said:

Mind enlightening the rest of us where you managed these feats? I am on hour 3, I have 5. So yes, it should be changed because this is tedious, and boring wandering around looking at rocks. Space Ninjas FTW! Check out these 25 rocks I found with moss on them.

Please, if you found somewhere awesome, share with the class, otherwise, don't be so disparaging to people who provide their honest input which DE is constantly asking for.

I used Elion on Mercury.

Spamming the codex scanner's zoom reveals their position because they glow orange or green. I was getting 4-8 per mission doing that.

Edited by PoisonHD

I did i m prime ( i think) and i got about 10 a mission, is is not that hard to get it, it only take a little longer than the other plants

1 hour ago, mostlyerror said:

All the tiles with (normally) have it in sets of 2, and I did it in 3 runs on the Sabotage mission on Enceladus. I can't see how you can waste 3 hours, when a Sabotage mission takes 5 minutes to complete and 10 minute tops do do a search to find at LEAST 2 of them.

Your numbers imply multiple runs with ZERO scans, or that you have not learned the positions of the moss.

Even if we ASSUMED that some tiles that normally contained it could randomly be blank, common sense states that you would start a mission, spend 5 minutes looking for a tile that you know has it, and quit and restart intermediately if were empty handed, and you would STILL get better numbers than yours "3 hours to find 5".

EDIT:

One test run just after I wrote this : http://imgur.com/dWGkuhz

Edited by DSpite

18 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Err, how do you mean? I heard about the new auras, but how do you get them?

Currently it's bugged, but once DE will fix this there will be a way to summon specters from the shrines on regular earth maps,and get these auras.

Allow me to reiterate the point I am trying to make; The amount of Frostleaf that can spawn is quite high, but you only need 8 of them, even though more than enough spawns in a single sitting. The amount of Vestan Moss that can spawn is quite low, but enough to get you around 7-9 per run on smaller levels, and you need 25 of them. It's not about how hard it is to find the plants, it's about the numbers poorly reflecting the spawn rates and how frequently you can find them. The numbers are out of place.

18 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Allow me to reiterate the point I am trying to make; The amount of Frostleaf that can spawn is quite high, but you only need 8 of them, even though more than enough spawns in a single sitting. The amount of Vestan Moss that can spawn is quite low, but enough to get you around 7-9 per run on smaller levels, and you need 25 of them. It's not about how hard it is to find the plants, it's about the numbers poorly reflecting the spawn rates and how frequently you can find them. The numbers are out of place.

DE knows that as well. They obviously don't want to make "equal difficulty" in both searches. It's not "out of place" because you don't know the reason behind the numbers.

They were set on purpose, so why exactly would they change them. Again, I scanned 7 in one run and I had to traverse a lot of tiles, but I only stopped on the ones I know (for sure) they have moss, and found 7. The "entry" tile had one for goodness sake, and most have 2 at the time.

2 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Frostleaf just spawns in bigger groups, but only on a select number of tiles that may or may not be there. On my first run none spawned at all, compared to the Moss which is on most tiles of the tileset though in smaller quantities (around 1-3 per tile).

Anecdotal evidence (amount found per run):

• Moss: 19, 15 (didn't really put much effort into finding them onthe second run though)
  • Frostleaf: 0, 17

4 hours ago, marelooke said:

Frostleaf just spawns in bigger groups, but only on a select number of tiles that may or may not be there. On my first run none spawned at all, compared to the Moss which is on most tiles of the tileset though in smaller quantities (around 1-3 per tile).

Anecdotal evidence (amount found per run):

• Moss: 19, 15 (didn't really put much effort into finding them onthe second run though)
  • Frostleaf: 0, 17

Every time I've run a mission to get moss I've only ever gotten at most 9 of it. How the hell do you get so many??? Maybe this whole stupid thing is just really REALLY terrible luck because I'm not getting a damn thing out of these tilesets compared to everyone else

3 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Every time I've run a mission to get moss I've only ever gotten at most 9 of it. How the hell do you get so many??? Maybe this whole stupid thing is just really REALLY terrible luck because I'm not getting a damn thing out of these tilesets compared to everyone else

I also got over 30 moss in just 2 runs. Took me 20 minutes tops running an exterminate on Mercury. Furthermore, if you use Simaris scanner with double scan mod, you will frequently get 2 units with one scan.

11 hours ago, mostlyerror said:

They seem to always spawn in the same spots, it means after some runs you should automaticaly know which room has some moss and which not. Even if you only know one or two rooms, you can rush the missions. Finding those spots is easy, if you run with scanner equiped and look around. I had fun on this scavenger hunt, it was a nice change. Personal opnions and feeling are not valid arguments for or against something, as boredom and fun are different for each player.   

We also provide our honest input, it all comes down to your approach and it seems you are lacking something, thus bad results.

3 hours ago, Xiusa said:

It always spawns in the same places on specific tiles of grineer asteroid tileset. If a lot of these tiles were generated - you'll get a lot of it, synthesis scanner will greatly help too.

Idk, every time I ran it I just got --compared to everyone else-- bad results. I pulled out my scanner whenever possible, and I even have every widget on the scanner. I know where some of them spawn but sometimes I just get back-to-back rooms that simply don't spawn it at all

I disagree. What needs to be done instead is put the Vestan Moss in more tiles on the asteroid tileset. It's pretty clear that it's just missing from a lot of tiles it would make sense for it to be in, compared to all the other plants. It should be pretty common, on all the cave walls and such. In any case, it's not that bad anyway.