Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else was introduced to Warframe by a friend(s) and ended up being the only one still playing?

MegpoidBeetle

So here on a lovely day of getting to know the community better; who was introduced to Warframe because of their friends, and only to end up being the only person remaining in the squad due to reasons like them getting tired of the grind, not wanting to invest in plat, feeling repetitive/bored, or maybe even forgot about it?

Yep, that's me right there. Was introduced to this game by three friends (one of em being me bestie), I was that MR0 nub while they're like MR2-MR5 pros (it was U7 back then I started, MR was the real deal o3o). Eventually two of them stopped playing, and that bestie of mine was the only one remaining, but he only made it to MR13 before he stopped (he's been gone for like 200+ days now). Could say that majority of my Warframe life was spent alone in solo _(:'3 JL)_ but on the bright side I met lotta wonderful Teemos \(owo)/

So, who woke you up from your cryosleep only for them to crawled back into their own pods?

Hmm sort of. Found WF with my rl mate while we were looking for new co-op games we could play. We didn't ever manage to play together and I gave up waiting so we could experience the whole 'new to this game wth is going on experience' together, so I was just bored and decided to try it by myself. I became vastly interested (obviously) and he had the exact opposite experience whenever he eventually he played it. Quite a shame though.

Tried introducing it to one of my other usual Steam friends and he stopped playing it rather quickly saying there wasn't anything to do and it was boring.

Edited by Naith

4 hours ago, Naith said:

Hmm sort of. Found WF with my rl mate while we were looking for new co-op games we could play. We didn't ever manage to play together and I gave up waiting so we could experience the whole 'new to this game wth is going on experience' together, so I was just bored and decided to try it by myself. I became vastly interested (obviously) and he had the exact opposite experience whenever he eventually he played it. Quite a shame though.

Tried introducing it to one of my other usual Steam friends and he stopped playing it rather quickly saying there wasn't anything to do and it was boring.

Yup+the+other+team+always+seems+to+be+hardened+badasses+_c348de8ec3c4bee27f1379f2061a9035.jpg

10 minutes ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Is it applying to you as well or just your friends?

Only reason I have to play anymore after the last few patches is to play with my allies. As they feel chased off and leave, I find I have less reason to play and stay around myself.

In my case I was the one who introduced all of my friends and so far only a few have quit. They all quit right before the Second Dream quest too(suckers). I still have a lot of friends that play but we're all in a small, local, exclusive clan.

Edited by oOSinox

Exactly what happened to me! One of my Steam semi-friends (our relationship wasn't close enough) told me to play Warframe right about before U13. I heard about Warframe before, way back in the past, but lost the touch with the game and kinda forgot about it. When i understood what game is he talking about - i gave it a try.

He quited the game literally 3 days later saying that U13 changed too much and he doesn't like the game anymore. I stayed.

In my first week of playing i found 2 new friends - one from Germany and one from Finland (me myself is from Russia). We were farming the void together and kinda just talked a lot. They got me into their mini-clan and i'm still part of it - contributing to researches and stuff.

The guy got me into the game have not played it since. Only once he asked me why did i stayed. I couldn't answer because there's plenty of reasons and i cant highlight any.
We did not talked since (just kinda doing our own stuff... We did play Dead Space 3 a lot in the past though. I think i met him in L4D?)

Instead i speak with the Finnish guy (leader of my clan) a lot. Just about all kinds of things. Bromance at it's finest.
The German guy too, but he's been offline a lot recently. The Real Life called i guess.

2 friends irl. I think he was MR 12-13. Other friend (friend of the other's) was about 17-18.

Played with the one that was closer to me (classmates) more, but in the end both of them quit.

Still hoping for the day that some major update or new frame sucks my bff classmate back in.

I think that day will never come now..

A friend of mine introduced me to it, but we never actually got to play together because at the time... strict nat... strict nat everywhere...

I managed to progress through mostly solo, sometimes being able to join a pub group, but he gave up on it pretty quick.

Real long post, would advice against reading it unless you had nothing better to do.

then again, you probably wouldn't be here if you had(srs tho it is boring long)

Came across warbros stuff in /v/

google 'warframe'

space, ninjas and guns

had me at ninja

got my whole batch of friends and colleagues to play.

it was about 16 people,all who knew each other

the numbers gradually rose and peaked to about a 40

ridiculous fun

made a clan

friend learned gallifreyan to make clan emblem

another made his own alphabet to add to emblem

no clan hierarchy

war frame all day every day,months of fun

winter break (no war frame because live near Himalayas)

year 2

6 members

the others just stopped or moved on to other games

2 months 3 people

one of the earliest members (marine biology student)

and remaining others decide to spam dark sectors for credits

4 months

just me and biologist now.

one day biologist tells me he'll be away for a long time, because intensive course, but will eventually return

year 3

occasionally think about marine guy and wonder if arch wing meele will make him barf when back

no clan downgrade, takes a leg and kidney to research anything

play with randoms, salty ppl, russians with mics,  the works.

live alone in derelict clan

burnout inevitable.

one day just going around mercury for nostalgia sake with crap weapons

meet a mag, new player, can hold chat while playing fairly decently

decide i'll show er the ropes

inform her of clans, wants to join mine, inform her my clan is dead,

doesn't mind.

spend most of my time online, helping her out in her journey through warf rame since by this time i'm done with most things

start meeting other people who are also quite chatty, mag asks them to join, i kinda go along

start meeting more noobs in entry level missions

some real spicy characters now and then, ask them to join

soon  about 14 or so tenno again but barely see all of em together due to time difference

go through low/mid tier missions with beginner teammates, observe them as they struggle to git gud, make team plans for killing grineer bosses, and panic in the void

they ask me about the void and the lore and what not. tell them whatever little i know of.

warframe is suddenly much more fun, talk to friends, go on missions 

mag, this trinity player and a few other are pretty much regulars now.

they're gettin good

decide it's time to take a gander at expanding the dojo

weeb genes takeover

tell the regulars that it's time for them to take up 3 apprentices of their own make a squad and do missions  if they want to

they do

they all go to the starter planets

each give me three names

get them in

and this goes on for a while

but y know what they say about good things.

eventually 

the regulars start becoming scarce

the cycle seems to be repeating

but a hand of them refuse to quit

we still occasionally meet up and do missions for old times sake,

they're pretty much able to handle themselves pretty well now so they do their own missions

most of their apprentices have left

at this time there was some drama between them like for something war frame related and so the squad sessions became even rarer and when done , there was no fun and cooperation, just a silent professional sprint to the ext.

none of the goof ups and horsing around with each others.

they were starting to burn out too

one day, having a conversation with mag, apparently she was thinking of quitting but she seemed fairly excited as she'd won something from a warfame streamer.

i kinda realized things

In my loneliness i had brought in and surrounded myself with these newbies, and in doing so had somewhat robbed a majority of their early experience by confining them within my small cluster.

and that was kinda rood

so I felt that i'd had my fun and was going to allow them to have theirs

i sorta nudged the mag to get into the streamer's clan, helped some of the others to join some of the more populated clans, so that they'd have a chance of enjoying warfame for themselves,yknow, do raids and stuff

year 4

occasionally think about marine guy and wonder how i'll rek his candyass on conclave when back

clan downgrades have made life easier

live alone in derilict clan

I'm okay with this

Edited by n00b_m0m0

12 hours ago, n00b_m0m0 said:

Real long post, would advice against reading it unless you had nothing better to do.

then again, you probably wouldn't be here if you had(srs tho it is boring long)

Hide contents

Came across warbros stuff in /v/

google 'warframe'

space, ninjas and guns

had me at ninja

got my whole batch of friends and colleagues to play.

it was about 16 people,all who knew each other

the numbers gradually rose and peaked to about a 40

ridiculous fun

made a clan

friend learned gallifreyan to make clan emblem

another made his own alphabet to add to emblem

no clan hierarchy

war frame all day every day,months of fun

winter break (no war frame because live near Himalayas)

year 2

6 members

the others just stopped or moved on to other games

2 months 3 people

one of the earliest members (marine biology student)

and remaining others decide to spam dark sectors for credits

4 months

just me and biologist now.

one day biologist tells me he'll be away for a long time, because intensive course, but will eventually return

year 3

occasionally think about marine guy and wonder if arch wing meele will make him barf when back

no clan downgrade, takes a leg and kidney to research anything

live alone in derelict clan

burnout inevitable.

one day just going around mercury for nostalgia sake with crap weapons

meet a mag, new player, can hold chat while playing fairly decently

decide i'll show er the ropes

inform her of clans, wants to join mine, inform her my clan is dead,

doesn't mind.

spend most of my time online, helping her out in her journey through warf rame since by this time i'm done with most things

start meeting other people who are also quite chatty, mag asks them to join, i kinda go along

start meeting more noobs in entry level missions

some real spicy characters now and then, ask them to join

soon  about 14 or so tenno again but barely see all of em together due to time difference

go through low/mid tier missions with beginner teammates, observe them as they struggle to git gud, make team plans for killing grineer bosses, and panic in the void

they ask me about the void and the lore and what not. tell them whatever little i know of.

warframe is suddenly much more fun, talk to friends, go on missions 

mag, this trinity player and a few other are pretty much regulars now.

they're gettin good

decide it's time to take a gander at expanding the dojo

weeb genes takeover

tell the regulars that it's time for them to take up 3 apprentices of their own make a squad and do missions  if they want to

they do

they all go to the starter planets

each give me three names

get them in

and this goes on for a while

but y know what they say about good things.

eventually 

the regulars start becoming scarce

the cycle seems to be repeating

but a hand of them refuse to quit

we still occasionally meet up and do missions for old times sake,

they're pretty much able to handle themselves pretty well now so they do their own missions

most of their apprentices have left

at this time there was some drama between them like for something war frame related and so the squad sessions became even rarer and when done , there was no fun and cooperation, just a silent professional sprint to the ext.

none of the goof ups and horsing around with each others.

they were starting to burn out too

one day, having a conversation with mag, apparently she was thinking of quitting but she seemed fairly excited as she'd won something from a warfame streamer.

i kinda realized things

In my loneliness i had brought in and surrounded myself with these newbies, and in doing so had somewhat robbed a majority of their early experience by confining them within my small cluster.

and that was kinda rood

so I felt that i'd had my fun and was going to allow them to have theirs

i sorta nudged the mag to get into the streamer's clan, helped some of the others to join some of the more populated clans, so that they'd have a chance of enjoying warfame for themselves,yknow, do raids and stuff

year 4

occasionally think about marine guy and wonder how i'll rek his candyass on conclave when back

clan downgrades have made life easier

live alone in derilict clan

I'm okay with this

I felt like shedding a tear through all that. Maybe I'm too sensitive xD It's like another game genre anime, similar to Overlord but you're the good guy and showin' newbies the ropes ;-;

And don't think like that.. What if, because you didn't get those new players, they'd meet rude players instead? Or they might just meet some other player who'll do the same thing. So their early experience might just be the same as the one you've given them.

You showed them the ropes. Starting out as a new player is fun but also a headache sometimes.

Even with an experienced player like you with them, I bet they had fun and pro'lly liked when they showed you that they can finally kill stuff as fast as you now, or survive by their own against a tight group of enemies. Did that happen? Cuz' I remember my memories of my apprentice showing off his powerful builds and etc.

Googling excalibur, excalibro came out, warframe came out, DE Megan pop out

Started to play , introduce to 1 of my close friend (she still 16 at that time)

She played it and a few months later horror came up

Her parents saw her playing game full of gore

And then GET RID HER PC

God what have i done to her , *cry*

Edited by Specter42

Pretty much all the stories here are kinda upsetting ;__; I mean sure, some would say it's just a game yaddie yadda "You'll find more guys to play with" but it just simply ain't the same without the squad you started together with. Group hugs for everyone 

5d4.jpg

Then there's this guy

On 8/24/2016 at 6:04 PM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Found wf myself, played by myself too.

Spoiler

Just kidding bro here's a hug for you too, hope you're not too lonely on WF!

I8Jjy.png?fb

And to @Specter42 I hope all is well for that friend of yours 

And also to @n00b_m0m0 I sincerely hope some of your friends eventually come back and give WF another shot, and don't worry bout robbing the newbies of their early experience because in the end you did made it fun for them by being a good leading Tenno c:

Y'all need some group hugs up in here, so I'll ditto the person above me and their meme a few posts back. I feel it too.

One of of my friends at the time started the game around U10, got my other friend into the game around U11, and I was finally the last of our trio to join a little after U13. I started going through some of the early missions . Eventually my day shift friend stopped playing due to some issues with his computer, which left me alone with my veteran friend. I rose through the mastery ranks pretty quickly, built up the dojo we had started pretty much by myself, and kept filling up my collection of weapons and warframes.

By the time U18 hit, I had skyrocketed beyond my other friends to MR-17, built almost every still-obtainable frame at the time, upgraded the dojo as far as I could without Warlord permission (while staying at ghost clan status due to cheaper research), and so on. I had a major falling out with my veteran ex-friend, my other friend rarely played anymore, and any other real-life friends I had introduced to the game either quit within a few months or had sided with my ex-friend and no longer spoke to me. To this day I live in my practically empty dojo with just my one friend who still occasionally play. I help out new players every now and then, but for now I just have my sentinels and my space pets.

11 hours ago, NightSpider99 said:

I had a major falling out with my veteran ex-friend, my other friend rarely played anymore, and any other real-life friends I had introduced to the game either quit within a few months or had sided with my ex-friend and no longer spoke to me. To this day I live in my practically empty dojo with just my one friend who still occasionally play. I help out new players every now and then, but for now I just have my sentinels and my space pets.

Ouch.. musta' been some heated war that made this.. hope it's not because of something trivial o.O

19 hours ago, NightSpider99 said:

Y'all need some group hugs up in here, so I'll ditto the person above me and their meme a few posts back. I feel it too.

One of of my friends at the time started the game around U10, got my other friend into the game around U11, and I was finally the last of our trio to join a little after U13. I started going through some of the early missions . Eventually my day shift friend stopped playing due to some issues with his computer, which left me alone with my veteran friend. I rose through the mastery ranks pretty quickly, built up the dojo we had started pretty much by myself, and kept filling up my collection of weapons and warframes.

By the time U18 hit, I had skyrocketed beyond my other friends to MR-17, built almost every still-obtainable frame at the time, upgraded the dojo as far as I could without Warlord permission (while staying at ghost clan status due to cheaper research), and so on. I had a major falling out with my veteran ex-friend, my other friend rarely played anymore, and any other real-life friends I had introduced to the game either quit within a few months or had sided with my ex-friend and no longer spoke to me. To this day I live in my practically empty dojo with just my one friend who still occasionally play. I help out new players every now and then, but for now I just have my sentinels and my space pets.

Moar hugs for you

But yea, I was in a simulor situation as you were. Started dojo with my bestie friend while others left, then he left too for a period of time and only occasionally playing every now and then.While I was all alone in the clan I just started expanding everything in my derelict dojo with all sorts of rooms.

Be a lil optimistic tho :3 eventually I met this cool dude @TenzoZero (bruh you deserve the recognition) for brightening my clan with his presence. I'm sure you'll find some great players who'll join your clan! (/owo)/

4 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Friends? What is that?

Some kind of new trend or something?

It's the person you have in your life who you make sweet monkey love with maximum affection ^30