Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drops After Silver Grove Update

Ruoppox

9 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Anyone had their problem solved after this fix? My fps is still lower than it used to be.

The Silver Grove: U1.4

Fixes

• Fixed a particle system leak that would gradually erode performance and memory over time; it may also have resulted in missing effects in some cases.

Going to test while streaming I don't think it will fix everything but it can fix somewhat some issues.

At least we can improve the game over time I hope.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

The Fix didn't change a lot tho so I say this thread is still relevant.

Framedrops in some occasions are not prelevant but other times it is still there.

So saying that it is fixed is not really a thing.

I hope they will take a look into it tho.

PRAISE DX12 or Vulcan!!!!

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 2/9/2016 at 3:26 PM, PeaceSpectre said:

For some reason....when I use DirectX 9 my game drops FPS drastically...
I tried using Direct X10 and my FPS got a boost...but with connection issues 

i can confirm, directx 10 doesnt have fps drops, i use directx 11 and sometimes my fps drop from stable 60s to  30~20 fps gpu and cpu not even at full load

i changed to directx 10 and the drops stoped.

EDIT : help, that just fixed it temporarily, having fps drops again...not as heavy as before tho...

EDIT2: after more testing i came to the conclusion that the problem is something on the enemies, dont know what, but it seems the game thinks all the enemies on the map are on screen, i dunno, and happens only on multiplayer, especialy when other players are far triggering the spawning of enemies on the map

Edited by Toppien

Im having framerate issues even on low settings, void fissure missions are a nightmare with all that enemy spawning, it was a problem before how warframe is so intensive with how enemy spawning affects the performance but now is even way worse.

Edited by Rhaenxys

23 hours ago, Toppien said:

i can confirm, directx 10 doesnt have fps drops, i use directx 11 and sometimes my fps drop from stable 60s to  30~20 fps gpu and cpu not even at full load

i changed to directx 10 and the drops stoped.

EDIT : help, that just fixed it temporarily, having fps drops again...not as heavy as before tho...

EDIT2: after more testing i came to the conclusion that the problem is something on the enemies, dont know what, but it seems the game thinks all the enemies on the map are on screen, i dunno, and happens only on multiplayer, especialy when other players are far triggering the spawning of enemies on the map

''EDIT2'' Omg...this could be it, I tried playing Solo and no Fps Drop at all...then Public and OMG MY EYES!

13 hours ago, PeaceSpectre said:

''EDIT2'' Omg...this could be it, I tried playing Solo and no Fps Drop at all...then Public and OMG MY EYES!

its already pretty known that spawning makes this worse and far worse but the impact that it has doe not have too make such a S#&$ performance, it should not do that anyways.

also performance overall is just not really as well as preferred.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I don't know if it's relevant, but when "messing" with the nVidia config panel to tweak some settings and only disabling VSync in Warframe seems to bring some improvement. I should do some tests to see if there is really a difference.

Edited by Arkhenbarn

7 hours ago, Arkhenbarn said:

I don't know if it's relevant, but when "messing" with the nVidia config panel to tweak some settings and only disabling VSync in Warframe seems to bring some improvement. I should do some tests to see if there is really a difference.

look at one of my other threads already tested a lot of stuff so you don't have to.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 30/08/2016 at 1:11 AM, qeuu said:

My guess is that people with higher end PCs are the ones complaining since they have a higher expectation for good performance than those with lower end systems.

Was one of the laptops the host?

I'll look into it.

A problem is becoming too common: brutal fps drop, from the already low 20-25fps to 7-15fps... Frequent When water around (europa, earth tileset)  or void fissure or more random stuff. I get the feeling that the Light calculation is involved.

I got to send those ee logs.

On 2016/9/10 at 9:41 AM, aerosoul1337 said:

Anyone had their problem solved after this fix? My fps is still lower than it used to be.

The Silver Grove: U1.4

Fixes

• Fixed a particle system leak that would gradually erode performance and memory over time; it may also have resulted in missing effects in some cases.

Unfortunately, my FPS seems to be even worse as current build (TSG U2.2).

Hello Everyone with the same problem as i have recently developed, i started with FPS drops around the Syndicate melee update, with that i searched for answers, and tested many tests, i can confirm that using nekros prime does cause some FPS drops for other players including yourself, now im not too sure if anyone else has this problem, but starting any mission and then running around in spawn area shooting and melee for about 3-5 minutes cleans up the FPS drop and a the rest of mission runs smoothly, i ran Warframe in Borderless Fullscreen, and had some improvement, then turned off reverb in audio with some slight improvement, then used fullscreen with it with same results, wondered if weapons caused and FPS drop (i using a soma prime with split chamber) ran around shooting the weapon, had some slight effect, now, for me, the beginning of a mission you can walk around fine, but when you open fire, you can only fire a bullet per frame, i do this and throw in a melee or two, and shortly its cleaned up, i then proceeded to play a diffrent warframe, (Volt Prime for example) and i was able to shoot 5-10 bullets per frame, i have yet to try the same scenarios in Directx 10 and 11, my specs are Radeon R7 200 series with 8GB of RAM, before syndicate melee i ran the game smoother than butter on toast, after wards, experienced some casualties. this is what ive discovered so far, i have yet to discover more.......

Can anyone still experiencing these issues please check their Windows Event Viewer for any Event ID 35 or Event ID 37 errors?
If so, this could be an indication that your BIOS needs to be updated.

1. Open the Windows Menu and Right-click Computer and select Manage.

nChSfpY.jpg

2. In the Computer Management window that opens, click Event Viewer, in the left list.

3. Expand the Windows Logs by double-clicking, then click on the "System" subfolder.

tUgX8O1.jpg

This will display any number of errors that may have taken place while you were in the process of playing Warframe. If you see Event ID 35 and Event ID 37 in the "Event ID" column then this could mean your PC is not receiving sufficient power -- possibly because of your hardware, your battery, or even your BIOS. 

If this is the case then first we recommend you make sure you are running on the most recent BIOS update.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

4 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Can anyone still experiencing these issues please check their Windows Event Viewer for any Event ID 35 or Event ID 37 errors?
If so, this could be an indication that your BIOS needs to be updated.

Thanks for the info.

But my event 35 / 37 are syncing system time from "time.windows.com", which are time-services. Just event info, no error.

None of them are kernel power events.

Spoiler

4Ma4ZXx.png

Spoiler

cSjtPBa.png

Edited by aerosoul1337

I loaded up the game and was at 170fps for the first 5 minutes, went into a mission and it dropped down to 60fps. I left the mission because of the stuttering and now I am sitting in the liset at 58fps. 

This just started happening for me after TSG 2.2

5 minutes ago, Pyus said:

I loaded up the game and was at 170fps for the first 5 minutes, went into a mission and it dropped down to 60fps. I left the mission because of the stuttering and now I am sitting in the liset at 58fps. 

This just started happening for me after TSG 2.2

Hi Pyus,

Could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log + DxDiag after you've had this issue occur? Hopefully we can use this information to see what is going on in the engine during these framerate drops. 

I've been having the same problems, I start out at 105fps, then the moment I go into a mission, the game chugs down to 13fps. Lowering graphics quality seems to have the opposite effect I would like; the game moves slower the lower I set the graphics quality. Keeping Texture Memory at High naturally helps keep the game moving quickly, but all other settings slow the game down the lower they go. Whenever the game is loading assets, the FPS spikes up dramatically, returning to 100 before suddenly dipping down again. I've deliberately made sure that all components receive full power during gameplay (By the way, Warframe is one of the most battery efficient AAA games I've played) but the game inevitably chugs down to a very, very low FPS.

SIDE NOTE: RAM usage prior to TSG's release was more than 100% larger than it is now (~1300MB at idle pre-TSG, ~560MB at idle post-TSG . I'm not sure why it was decided that less RAM needed to be used to store information, but it's had a negative impact on gameplay quality. Perhaps there's a problem in new optimization code?

Edited by Vaktezraj

35 minutes ago, Vaktezraj said:

I've been having the same problems, I start out at 105fps, then the moment I go into a mission, the game chugs down to 13fps. Lowering graphics quality seems to have the opposite effect I would like; the game moves slower the lower I set the graphics quality. Keeping Texture Memory at High naturally helps keep the game moving quickly, but all other settings slow the game down the lower they go. Whenever the game is loading assets, the FPS spikes up dramatically, returning to 100 before suddenly dipping down again. I've deliberately made sure that all components receive full power during gameplay (By the way, Warframe is one of the most battery efficient AAA games I've played) but the game inevitably chugs down to a very, very low FPS.

Hi Vaktezraj, 

Thanks for the detailed info. You wouldn't happen to have an EE.log of this, would you? It would be very helpful if you could send us a support ticket with a copy of an EE.log taken immediately after you have had this issue occur. Also, if you could type a message like "slowfps" in chat as you are in the process of experiencing the ~13fps then that should help us track down the issue more quickly.